49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Rat Boy explains why the whiners don't prioritize O-linemen. That's great. The article also explains that 4 of the last 5 Super bowl winners (including the Rams) exploited weak offensive lines.
Yeah there's been a seismic shift with OL of late. Interior dudes getting paid first off. But also teams wanting to go back to balanced attacks that can hit defenses in the mouth. Which makes sense, as many defenses have become a bit too focused on pass games based on the statistics saying explosive plays are what beat you.

As most posters here are certainly aware if you have a strong run game the defenses will give you more looks to get those explosive plays. McVay certainly knows this and it's why he's riding that wave this year. But I think a lot of this is also driven by Detroit's rise behind that fantastic OL and the way it helped them get Goff back into confidence.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Yeah there's been a seismic shift with OL of late. Interior dudes getting paid first off. But also teams wanting to go back to balanced attacks that can hit defenses in the mouth. Which makes sense, as many defenses have become a bit too focused on pass games based on the statistics saying explosive plays are what beat you.

So the whiner's financial woes will get worse. Can't say I'm unhappy about this. I hope Aiyuk joins the hold out and skips 4-5 games just to get the minimum amount of games to get credit for the year.

Then next season, Purdy gets $55 million or more and I believe in 2026, Bosa is due more than 40 million as his contract is heavily backloaded also.

LOL, the article also says that Rat boy's philosophy is a gift and a curse. A gift that gets them to super bowls, then a curse that causes them to lose. (Not prioritizing O-linemen) The end of the article goes onto explain how Rat boy's bargain offensive line caused them to lose the SB to the Chiefs.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Next year a few guys contracts will jump up considerably for the shitters. And they will be paying Purdy. Likely Aiyuk. They actually are in pretty good cap shape this year. OTC has them number one. But next year it has them 3rd worse. I imagine they will be pushing a lot of Purdy's and Aiyuk's money into later years. Unless they don't extend Aiyuk and tag him next year.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aiyuk is set to make $14.1 million this season — the final year of his rookie contract — and according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, he wants to be making as much as the league's top wideouts, or somewhere around double what he's in line to make this year.
"Understand your value," three-time Super Bowl champion Mark Schlereth, now a Fox Sports football analyst, said on his podcast last week. "... Brandon Aiyuk, understand where you are. Hey, do you deserve to get paid? Yeah, you deserve to get paid. But do you deserve to be a top-10 paid wide receiver in the National Football League? Absolutely not."
Asked by co-host Mike Evans about Aiyuk and others' decision to "hold in," Schlereth unloaded.
"I think it's chicken s—t," he said. "Drop a set of nuts and don't show up. Or show up and, if you're gonna show up and you're gonna be around your teammates and you're gonna be in the locker room, don't let them go out and do all the work and you just sit around. Either have the balls to sit out or come to camp and participate. I think this 'sit in' stuff, it feels like it's toothless to me."

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Aiyuk is set to make $14.1 million this season — the final year of his rookie contract — and according to NFL Network's Mike Garafolo, he wants to be making as much as the league's top wideouts, or somewhere around double what he's in line to make this year.
"Understand your value," three-time Super Bowl champion Mark Schlereth, now a Fox Sports football analyst, said on his podcast last week. "... Brandon Aiyuk, understand where you are. Hey, do you deserve to get paid? Yeah, you deserve to get paid. But do you deserve to be a top-10 paid wide receiver in the National Football League? Absolutely not."
Asked by co-host Mike Evans about Aiyuk and others' decision to "hold in," Schlereth unloaded.
"I think it's chicken s—t," he said. "Drop a set of nuts and don't show up. Or show up and, if you're gonna show up and you're gonna be around your teammates and you're gonna be in the locker room, don't let them go out and do all the work and you just sit around. Either have the balls to sit out or come to camp and participate. I think this 'sit in' stuff, it feels like it's toothless to me."
Schlereth is a fuckin moron, always has been though. The reason for the sit in is so he doesn't get fined. I will continue to hope this drama drags out and fucks the Whiners year up that much more.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Schlereth is a fuckin moron, always has been though. The reason for the sit in is so he doesn't get fined. I will continue to hope this drama drags out and fucks the Whiners year up that much more.
Agree that Schlereth is a moron. Also agree with everything he said.

Dafuq?! Does that make me a maroon too? :woozy2:

Last edited:

Tano

Legend

do it jewish GIF

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
$65m once. $65m twice. Do I hear anyone for $70m? Anyone for $70m. $70m!!! I hear $70m!!!
$70m once. Do I hear $75m? Anyone for $75m? $75m!!!!…….

Going once, going twice, SOLD to the douchebags in red and gold!

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
$65m once. $65m twice. Do I hear anyone for $70m? Anyone for $70m. $70m!!! I hear $70m!!!
$70m once. Do I hear $75m? Anyone for $75m? $75m!!!!…….

Ah heck, Purdy is the Messiah in whiner land. Pay him 100 million a year and guaranteed they will win many super bowls. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it while LMAO. :)

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Purdy's a good QB. But $325M at $65M per...

1722455513149.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sure Jan GIF

Kyle Shanahan not bothered by Brock Purdy’s practice interceptions​

Brock Purdy’s interceptions at 49ers training camp have been a talking point around the team this week.

Purdy said that concerns about protecting the ball are a big part of regular season action, but “right now is the time for us to go out” and experiment with throws that you might not make with negative consequences on the line. On Friday, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan cited Purdy’s play in those situations as the reason why he’s not losing sleep about the turnovers in recent practice sessions.

“I know, always, stats are made a big deal in practice and I know that’ll stick out, too,” Shanahan said, via 49ersWebzone.com. “And we never want a lot of picks in practice, regardless of who it is, but Brock’s never really had an interception problem. He’s protected the ball pretty well in this league for his two years. He also isn’t scared to let it rip, too. When you’re in practice, if we were really trying to fix that, and if he had had a problem, and you come out and that’s all we’re focusing on, and he still has some stats like that, then that’s something that concerns you. But that’s something I really haven’t been worried about with Brock, and that’s why those stats are also something that hasn’t bothered me at all.”

Purdy has thrown 50 touchdowns and 16 interceptions while leading the 49ers to wins in 21 of the 27 games he has started. Those numbers make it easy to understand why the 49ers aren’t going to sweat too much about what happens in August.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Sure Jan GIF

Kyle Shanahan not bothered by Brock Purdy’s practice interceptions​

Brock Purdy’s interceptions at 49ers training camp have been a talking point around the team this week.

Purdy said that concerns about protecting the ball are a big part of regular season action, but “right now is the time for us to go out” and experiment with throws that you might not make with negative consequences on the line. On Friday, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan cited Purdy’s play in those situations as the reason why he’s not losing sleep about the turnovers in recent practice sessions.

“I know, always, stats are made a big deal in practice and I know that’ll stick out, too,” Shanahan said, via 49ersWebzone.com. “And we never want a lot of picks in practice, regardless of who it is, but Brock’s never really had an interception problem. He’s protected the ball pretty well in this league for his two years. He also isn’t scared to let it rip, too. When you’re in practice, if we were really trying to fix that, and if he had had a problem, and you come out and that’s all we’re focusing on, and he still has some stats like that, then that’s something that concerns you. But that’s something I really haven’t been worried about with Brock, and that’s why those stats are also something that hasn’t bothered me at all.”

Purdy has thrown 50 touchdowns and 16 interceptions while leading the 49ers to wins in 21 of the 27 games he has started. Those numbers make it easy to understand why the 49ers aren’t going to sweat too much about what happens in August.
Completely uninteresting trivia. Maureen McCormick went to my high school in the early seventies.
She only attended about three times a semester, we had no classes together and I've never actually met her and she wouldn't have the slightest clue who I am.
I only mention this because that GIF jogged my hazy memory of wanting to **** her when I was a teenager.