49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Hate to break it to some of you, but I don't see the whiners trading Aiyuk. They have all of the leverage with the franchise tag. They can use that for the next 2 years and probably will if he doesn't agree to a team friendly deal..... That or they get a super sweet trade offer...
He's not being held hostage for more than this year. After the Whiners suffer their SB hangover, they'll trade him hahaha

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Raiders are allergic to having more than one great player at any one position.
If true then it seems like Adams has a way of wearing out his welcome with teams. I don't know much about him, other than he's a hell of a wideout when he's locked in. But the top guys don't get passed around the league.

By the way he's going to be 32 in December. So he's getting long in the tooth. Aiyuk is in his prime. That does matter. But I find it strange, assuming the rumors are true, that there's another team looking to deal him.

fearsomefour

Legend
If true then it seems like Adams has a way of wearing out his welcome with teams. I don't know much about him, other than he's a hell of a wideout when he's locked in. But the top guys don't get passed around the league.

By the way he's going to be 32 in December. So he's getting long in the tooth. Aiyuk is in his prime. That does matter. But I find it strange, assuming the rumors are true, that there's another team looking to deal him.
Brandon Cooks is a strange exception to me.
Moves teams every couple of years and while not a top 10 WR, he is a first round pick that has had success everywhere he has gone.
Maybe its an attitude thing although never heard anything about that.
If he was 3 inches taller maybe he wouldn't move teams?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disagree. Giving him a little shit is well within fan behaviors. As a known classy ex-player he should be prepared for that and capable of shrugging it off.

Respect the hell out of the dude, always have. But Rice fucked that up. Bad look for him from my perspective.
Agree that it was a bad look for Rice. But, in my opinion, this was similar to Jim Rome called Jim Everett "Chrissy". I'm sure if these two "journalists" ever got famous, they would be regretting this incident, just like Rome does these days. Disrespecting Jerry Rice (or anyone else for that matter) to draw attention to yourself is very rude behavior.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agree that it was a bad look for Rice. But, in my opinion, this was similar to Jim Rome called Jim Everett "Chrissy". I'm sure if these two "journalists" ever got famous, they would be regretting this incident, just like Rome does these days. Disrespecting Jerry Rice (or anyone else for that matter) to draw attention to yourself is very rude behavior.
I don't consider it to be disrespect when he put himself out there publicly with his prediction in the first place. If you put yourself in the media's eye, you're going to have this type of element time to time and you need to be enough of an adult to handle it. As a media personality he only stands to lose by losing control.

What is most interesting about this is that a guy who has always been so classy is guilty of it. He's human though. So I don't think this defines him or anything and that's about as close as I'll come to defending a shitter for being stupid.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Brandon Cooks is a strange exception to me.
Moves teams every couple of years and while not a top 10 WR, he is a first round pick that has had success everywhere he has gone.
Maybe its an attitude thing although never heard anything about that.
If he was 3 inches taller maybe he wouldn't move teams?
That (size) and his concussion history is probably why he hasn’t been getting long term deals, which makes it easier to keep him moving.