49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dpjax

Starter
Camp Reporter

49ers News: Contract Talks with Brandon Aiyuk Hit a Snag​

The San Francisco 49ers are facing challenges in securing a new contract for wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk. Negotiations have slowed, and there's a noticeable lack of optimism about reaching an agreement soon.

"They're going to see what happens over the next six weeks leading into training camp," Reported ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. "The 49ers want Aiyuk long-term in the fold but so far, they have not been willing to show that they're going to meet the market of wide receiver, which we're seeing these massive numbers. Amon-Ra St. Brown in Detroit $30 million, Justin Jefferson well above that. Aiyuk believes he's a top guy, and so, something's got to give. And so, he's worked himself into a top-10 receiver conversation. We'll see, not a lot of momentum right now. Not a lot of optimism."

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I don't think Aiyuk has as much leverage as the 49ers. If he sits out the season he doesn't get credit for 5 season and still belongs to the team. If he plays out his final year he'll want to ball out so he can get a huge deal next season somewhere. But if he suffers a serious injury he'll lose millions. He's caught between a rock and a hard place. I wonder if he will demand a trade at some point? Or relent and take their offer?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
“…he’s worked himself into a top ten receiver situation.”

He would not be the #1 guy on the following teams:
Eagles (brown)
Dolphins (hill)
Seahawks (metcalf)
Cowboys (lamb)
Vikes (jefferson)
Steelers (pickens)
Bengals (chase, higgins)
Bucs (evans)
Bears (allen)
Jets (wilson)
Raiders (adams)

That’s 12 guys ahead of ayuck without even mentioning the Rams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
“…he’s worked himself into a top ten receiver situation.”

He would not be the #1 guy on the following teams:
Eagles (brown)
Dolphins (hill)
Seahawks (metcalf)
Cowboys (lamb)
Vikes (jefferson)
Steelers (pickens)
Bengals (chase, higgins)
Bucs (evans)
Bears (allen)
Jets (wilson)
Raiders (adams)

That’s 12 guys ahead of ayuck without even mentioning the Rams.
Aiyuk could be the number 1 on the Seahawks, Steelers, Buccaneers, and Bears.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They drafted a receiver in the first round. I hope they bank on Pearsall being able to takeover for Aiyuk, trade Aiyuk and then Pearsall ends up like the majority of Lynch’s most recent first round picks…playing more like a sixth round pick
I expect Pearsall will be very good in that offense. But it would make me happy to see him fail of course.

Aiyuk I would not pay $26M for. In fact given that wideouts come out every year in the draft I do think I would just take one every year and try not to pay them. Only way I'd pay up is if I hit on a great one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I expect Pearsall will be very good in that offense. But it would make me happy to see him fail of course.

Aiyuk I would not pay $26M for. In fact given that wideouts come out every year in the draft I do think I would just take one every year and try not to pay them. Only way I'd pay up is if I hit on a great one.
Yeah he’s a good fit there. Pissed me off when they picked him.

@snackdaddy is right. His leverage is kinda crappy. If he sits out but returns before he loses the season credit, that is probably his leverage.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I might take Moore over Aiyuk if I'm the Bears...
I look at it this way. If Aiyuk had a good QB that could really utilize his skillset, then he'd be more highly regarded. Purdy's limitations, especially throwing outside the numbers, limit Aiyuk's potential.

He may be better off on another team. The Chargers would be a good landing spot imo.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I have quite a few friends that are whiner fans, they dont say shit. I just ask if they still have the VHS from the last whiner Super Bowl win. That humbles their sorry asses every time. But down in LA they are pretty cocky, thought I was going to have to fight my way out of Sofi after the week 18 loss in 21, wish I coulda been there for the NFCC game.

I have a lot of whiner fans as friends. One of them back in 2021 was talking smack all year and I couldn't say anything because they swept the season games and had a 6 game streak against the Rams. But before the NFCCG, I kept hearing how the Rams were "soft" and that they were going to destroy us.

I almost broke my new 70 inch television when skittle made the TD that gave the whiners a 17-7 lead, but I calmed down and said our team is too F-N good to lose to these chokers again. (My wife went to a whiners game watch party which I declined to attend and I told her I wasn't going to be a good "winner" when the game was over).

As it turns out, it was a good thing I never went to that watch party because I would have said sh*t I would have regretted. :laugh1::laugh1::laugh4::zany1:

dang

Legend
I have a lot of whiner fans as friends. One of them back in 2021 was talking smack all year and I couldn't say anything because they swept the season games and had a 6 game streak against the Rams. But before the NFCCG, I kept hearing how the Rams were "soft" and that they were going to destroy us.

I almost broke my new 70 inch television when skittle made the TD that gave the whiners a 17-7 lead, but I calmed down and said our team is too F-N good to lose to these chokers again. (My wife went to a whiners game watch party which I declined to attend and I told her I wasn't going to be a good "winner" when the game was over).

As it turns out, it was a good thing I never went to that watch party because I would have said sh*t I would have regretted. :laugh1::laugh1::laugh4::zany1:
Biggest POS fans in the NFL!! So full of bravado when they win and excuses when they lose.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Biggest POS fans in the NFL!! So full of bravado when they win and excuses when they lose.
I'm in 49er/Raider territory. A big difference between those fans around here. The Raiders suck but their fans proudly show their Raider pride. Wearing jerseys. Flying Raider flags on their cars. Raider tattoos everywhere.

The 49er fans show their pride when they're winning. When they're losing you can't find a 49er fan around here. Classic fair weather fans.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So true. Got one SF fan here in the Ozarks who I run into in town occasionally and we often exchange nods and comments about our teams. During their run in the playoffs he was popping up everywhere in red. Seen him multiple times since our last exchange and you wouldn't know he was a shitter fan, though I make sure to give him a hard time in a good natured manner. It's quite funny.

I have a throwback Rams hat that is dear to me. Most times I'll be wearing it if I'm taking care of business in town. Wearing it feels even better after a down season, for some odd reason. I don't understand why they're wired the way they are.