49'ers The San Francisco 49’ers Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
If the 49ers had beaten K.C., they would have won the Super Bowl.

K.C. was their opponent IN the Super Bowl.

So Ram >>

Kevin Hart What GIF by MasterClass

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
…or kicks that damn FG to keep a 17 point lead, instead of going for a tough 4th down conversion. Even the players had a mystified look when they were told to stay out there and go for it.

They came up short. The 9ers went down and scored. All of a sudden, the lead was 7 and every play became a big deal.

The HC did not do HIS job that day.

But the Lions win if Reynolds catches the 4th down plays. Goff hit him in the numbers twice and he dropped both of those potential conversions. I do agree about the FG to keep the lead at 17 though.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Not sure if too many remember the 1st round playoff game for the whiners against the packers. The whiners stopped a critical 4th down play by the packers late in the game but the replay showed a very clear offsides by the whiners that wasn't called. If not for that, Purdy and the whiner's narrative might have been "chokers".

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
True,but should they have beaten Detroit or Green Bay ?

We’ll see how The NFC West does against the Central.
Purdy had some luck going his way. If the GB defensive backs don't drop those easy INT's with open field in front of them SF would not be playing in the NFCCG. If the Lions coach wasn't so stubborn SF would not be in the Superbowl. They may not be so fortunate next time around. Luck has a way of evening out.

Tano

Legend
Purdy had some luck going his way. If the GB defensive backs don't drop those easy INT's with open field in front of them SF would not be playing in the NFCCG. If the Lions coach wasn't so stubborn SF would not be in the Superbowl. They may not be so fortunate next time around. Luck has a way of evening out.
Yeah we were lucky to get in 2018 (even though Goff was clearly face masked at the 1 yard line) and then 2019 happened.

I mean how in heck does a safety play near the sidelines 30 yards deep covering no one and allows a 3rd and 16 to be completed. I know he was a rookie but still.

Edit - This is the play. What is Rapp doing here.

That is about as out of position a player can get. He has his back to the player going deep for gawd sake.

1719682934361.png

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Exactly my point.thanks

They should’ve beaten KC in the Superbowl. I’m still butt hurt The Rams lost to Detroit.I thought The Rams were the better team that day.

Ratboy messed up BAD!! What a DUMB CHIT!!! 2nd & 4 from there 7.
Instead of running the ball,he passed 3 straight times.Thinking time was going to run out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
My comprehensive eval of Purdy…

He’s good enough to roll out there in the reg season and get wins. There are several of those type of guys starting for good teams right now.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

He’s good enough to roll out there in the reg season and get wins. There are several of those type of guys starting for good teams right now.
Purdy's positives. He does seem to be able to read defenses well enough and there are some throws he's good at. He's mobile. Can extend a play with it and find an open receiver. Can throw on the run when he's going to the right.

Purdy's negatives: Average arm at best. The deeper sideline passes are mostly inaccurate. Force him to his left and he doesn't have the arm strength to complete passes downfield. Take away the middle of the field in the 10-15 yard range and he will struggle.

The offense he plays in is QB friendly. He can throw a bad pass you would expect an elite quarterback to make. But then he hits a wide open receiver ten yards downfield and turns it into 40 extra yards. We forget about the bad pass. What's gonna happen when the receiver talent isn't what it used to be and those plays are not as frequent?

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Exactly my point.thanks

They should’ve beaten KC in the Superbowl. I’m still butt hurt The Rams lost to Detroit.I thought The Rams were the better team that day.
I think the refs might’ve been afraid to call penalties against the Lions because of the recent debacle in Dallas.

Tano

Legend

Because I know you really dislike Goff's play, I just have to say that SF blows KC out of the water with Goff. His arm is so much better than Purdy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Because I know you really dislike Goff's play, I just have to say that SF blows KC out of the water with Goff. His arm is so much better than Purdy.
Agreed. Not as mobile as Purdy but can make all the throws you want your NFL quarterback to make. Purdy cannot.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Maybe but the recipe to turn up the pass rush pressure has always been the great neutralizer for Goff.

McVay and Morris should have gone with pressure right off the bat versus the Lions.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Goff is a good quarterback. One of the better QB's in the league. His problem is he doesn't handle strong pass rushes as well as a lot of other quarterbacks. With good protection he's better than most with the same protection. With bad protection he's worse than most with the same protection.

Detroit has arguably the best line in the league. Along with two good running backs. And good receivers. I expect Detroit to go a long way with Goff. Maybe not all the way. But a lot of fans would love their quarterback to have what he has. Would not surprise me if Detroit beats SF this season.