The Rise of LASED.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
My schedule the next year may limit the amount of opportunities I will be able to get shots of the new stadium. Hawaii baby! The Flight Attendant I am sleeping with took this pic this evening from the entry door window.

View attachment 28626

LOL

Like I said before... your story telling abilities are legendary.

Glad to see your wife is helping out with this great thread now too. Hahahaha

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
That flight attendant he's talking about is his lovely wife boys. So take it easy now.

He's a great story teller. Pay attention. LOL

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My schedule the next year may limit the amount of opportunities I will be able to get shots of the new stadium. Hawaii baby! The Flight Attendant I am sleeping with took this pic this evening from the entry door window.

View attachment 28626
Bummer for us. I really liked checking out your pics. Congrats on the new route.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But I do have friends in high places. :) Here is the latest one taken yesterday by my best of friends.

IMG_1210.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Can't wait to take the new California Bullet Train from the North Valley to Socal to see the Rams in the new palace. Oh wait, is that train still happening? I can't keep up with Cali politics these days.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That flight attendant he's talking about is his lovely wife boys. So take it easy now.

He's a great story teller. Pay attention. LOL

:rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

For years I have got a kick out of the reaction of some on the forums with that description of my wife. She has too. All the ones that know me think its funny also. It certainly has a way getting a reaction. Some can get down right bizarre. :fuelfire:

All for fun.

I so hope our SB gang can get back together again. Such a fun, great group of peeps.

GO RAMS!!!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Can't wait to take the new California Bullet Train from the North Valley to Socal to see the Rams in the new palace. Oh wait, is that train still happening? I can't keep up with Cali politics these days.

For some reason i'm having a hard time buying into your story. Being you claim to be in Merced, you would have to have been under a rock for the last few months to not know that the train has been cut back to a Merced to Bakersfield route for the time being. I suspect once that section is completed, the powers that be will somehow find the funds for completion. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
But I do have friends in high places. :) Here is the latest one taken yesterday by my best of friends.

View attachment 28647

Great shot. Looks like the outer roof skeleton is near completion. Appears the inner section of the stadium has 3 cranes still at work so it may be a few more weeks before they can start attaching the inner roof skeleton. They are coming right along with still better than a year to go before the Rams take the field.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I don’t like the “Whose house?!” chant. But I gotta admit the chant is worse at a dump (Coliseum) and better at a mansion (LASED).

Whose house? Rams’ 5B house, baby.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
For some reason i'm having a hard time buying into your story. Being you claim to be in Merced, you would have to have been under a rock for the last few months to not know that the train has been cut back to a Merced to Bakersfield route for the time being. I suspect once that section is completed, the powers that be will somehow find the funds for completion. jmo.

Actually, when I go to Fresno I see the pillars and track being built by the San Joaquin river along 99. No construction in Merced yet. But I'm hearing Newsome is thinking about making changes. Its going to be costly. I suppose reducing the route still allows them to continue working on it and gives them the option to finish it at some point. A lot of people in this area are against it. I'm on the fence. At my age am I going to be around when its completed? I wouldn't bother with it unless it goes all the way to LA.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

View attachment 28647
Terrific photo SWA! can see a lot of detail from this photo. Kudos to your friend for taking it from a moving object no less.
So much work left to do. I know it's over a year away from the first game, so that's what, 16 months? Tons of site work, field work, plus interior work, power, lighting, sound, video, networking, plumbing, fixtures, etc. to be done. Plus they'll need time to install all the graphics, furnishings, equipment, and other systems, and do lots of run-throughs to make sure everything is working right & all systems are ready for prime-time.
They may just "shell" the performing arts center for now, to be infilled later. Those things take time to get right.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Actually, when I go to Fresno I see the pillars and track being built by the San Joaquin river along 99. No construction in Merced yet. But I'm hearing Newsome is thinking about making changes. Its going to be costly. I suppose reducing the route still allows them to continue working on it and gives them the option to finish it at some point. A lot of people in this area are against it. I'm on the fence. At my age am I going to be around when its completed? I wouldn't bother with it unless it goes all the way to LA.

Funny, people thought the light rail in LA was a boondoggle... now it's generally packed and it's honestly about the best way to get to the Coliseum and see a Rams game from what folks say.

I know it's the best way to get into downtown LA, that's for sure.

It's one of those things where there's so much pent up need that what seems like a waste ends up not being that.

Also, if you've ever been to a country with real mass transit with affordable high speed trains, it's so freaking civilized and functional that upon return, you really understand how absolutely terrible our mass transit situation is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Funny, people thought the light rail in LA was a boondoggle... now it's generally packed and it's honestly about the best way to get to the Coliseum and see a Rams game from what folks say.

I know it's the best way to get into downtown LA, that's for sure.

It's one of those things where there's so much pent up need that what seems like a waste ends up not being that.

Also, if you've ever been to a country with real mass transit with affordable high speed trains, it's so freaking civilized and functional that upon return, you really understand how absolutely terrible our mass transit situation is.

The trains in Switzerland are some of my favorite for the view. Love the public transportation in Ireland as well, everyone (bus, train, taxi) has free Wifi.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
A friuend of mine years ago was a pilot. He called the stewardesses "sky cootchies".

I think to back in the 90s when a co-worker made me laugh after another co-worker told us she used to be a flight attendant.

"Oh, an air mattress!"

"A flight bag!"

She didn't laugh at either, but I chuckled.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I think to back in the 90s when a co-worker made me laugh after another co-worker told us she used to be a flight attendant.

"Oh, an air mattress!"

"A flight bag!"

She didn't laugh at either, but I chuckled.
This is why we have to do yearly sensitivity training.

…..

Legend
New high tech, high speed rail system between Merced and Bakersfield?

That’s fkn funny. Maybe now the meth trade will improve in the valley. Or migrant farm workers will find it easier to travel back and forth.

Dozens of Bakersfield residents bypass Fresno and use Merced as thier “Gateway to Yosemite”. LOL

Perhaps they’re leaving the obvious market - the LA Basin- to Elon Musk and his tunnel system?

Can’t make this shit up, Only in California.

Sincerely,
Former Merced Resident