The Rise of LASED.........

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
In the video you can see some side by side sections, one with normal light and one with muted light from the ETFE. It looks like a decent difference, hopefully it's enough to cut the heat and glare.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

bluecoconuts

Legend
Pretty cool video.

That oculus is HUGE and very cool BTW. This is the first video I've seen that gives you a sense for what it will be like from the seats. Honestly, it doesn't look like there will be many bad seats.

But WTF is Taylor Swift opening the thing? Just wrong. It should be a bunch of iconic LA bands.

All I know is that Staples Center gave Taylor Switft a banner and suddenly the Kings sucked. I wish she would stay the hell away.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
All I know is that Staples Center gave Taylor Switft a banner and suddenly the Kings sucked. I wish she would stay the hell away.
And the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate. Lol Just playing but I agree it should've been someone else. In This Moment is a badass band and I believe they are from California. I would definitely go to that.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Extended Oculus Video.....

None, they said it won’t impact the stadium whatsoever as well.
There was some damage to one of the buldings that house the AC/Heating. You can see it in one of the newest John Kay vids. I don't think it will be an issue re-doing it though.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan

There was some damage to one of the buldings that house the AC/Heating. You can see it in one of the newest John Kay vids. I don't think it will be an issue re-doing it though.
Ya it looked like it just missed those huge chillers, which are not only very expensive but can take 4-6 months to manufacture & deliver, plus re-connections etc.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Cool video. Still hard to really grasp how massive it is.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Yeah, here's the HVAC building that was damaged by the crane.......

IMG_2722.jpg

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
From the latest John Kay video. IT HIT THE CHILLERS.
Kay says "it won't affect the schedule, just an eyesore, they're rebuilding it". But I don't believe it -- unless they get the manufacturer's reps on site to oversee it's repair & reconstruction. Chillers are incredibly complicated pieces of machinery. It's possible, but this equipment is critical to the timeline of the opening.
You can't open a building with no HVAC, especially in July in LA, maybe all of the non-conditioned spaces will be Ok but anything indoors (locker rooms, suites, etc.) will need temporary HVAC spot coolers or something. So, ya there's several ways they can work around it if they can't rebuild it in time, but in my world this is a 4-6 month delay. With the importance of the project, the manufacturer is probably going to bend over backwards to fix it in time, and Stan may be paying a premium to fix it in place, so it's prolly Ok.

1583955469377.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Looks like we've passed the 50% threshold on the roof. A previous post had mentioned approximately 1 panel per hour was now being lifted into place.

Yeah looks significantly changed.