The rebuild in Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
What do you think ROD?

Russell Wilson… the Bronco’s are banking on a Stafford-esque run with Wilson.

Is the to-be 34yr old Wilson the guy to replicate that?

Rams fans have watched Wilson for years…

Last season Wilson rushed for 183yds… by far his lowest, even adjusting for playing only 14 games last year. His 4.3 YPC his 2nd lowest.

If Wilson is losing some of his legs, is he the same QB we saw for many years in Seattle? If now more a pocket passer, how does he do in Denver?

Or, does he still have that mobile dynamic, and last season more the Walton offense effect? Bad oline.

Makes me wonder, was last season’s 7-10 stink-bomb record possibly more on Wilson, than Pete?

If so… Is Pete Carroll about to prove a lot of people wrong?

Many of us chuckled at the thought of Pete doing the Seattle rebuild. Myself included.

So…

What do you think? What happens?

Is Wilson about to “do a Stafford” for the Broncos? He takes them to the next level and they become a regular contender for the next 5yrs or so? In this scenario, Pete Carroll was the wrong guy to keep in Seattle, probably.

Or is Pete Carroll the right piece to keep in Seattle, over Wilson? Pete goes on to rebuild the team with their solid draft (on paper) and win with Drew Lock? Pete’s got a .619 win % in Seattle.

Or is there some mash up of both being successful in this split? Or both sucking eggs?

What do you think?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody does caveman like Pete. I don't see them as a playoff threat but they are going to be extremely tough and physical. That ground game plus strong defense will get some wins and they will be the team you hate playing for fear of injury.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I dunno. Bronco fans think Wilson makes them an instant Superbowl contender. Honestly, I have my doubts. He just hasn't looked like the same guy who could run around extending and making big plays. If he becomes a pocket passer he is no longer top ten in my opinion.

He might be a little better than guys like Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson in the pocket. But still far from his old self. And he won't have pro bowl caliber receivers like he had with Metcalf and Lockett. Broncos also sent their best tight end to Seattle in the trade.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in the cellar of that tough division. Color me skeptical.

As far as Carroll and the seahags, another team I expect to end up in the cellar. Geno Smith and/or Drew Lock are not gonna get you in the playoffs. Even with the two good receivers. Carroll might wanna think about which guy gives them the best shot at tanking. There's supposed to be some good quarterbacks coming out of next year's draft.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Wilson is shorter than Brees.. who was about the shortest successful pocket passer we’ve seen.

Wilson has been successful as a pocket passer.. but how much of that is because of how defenses played him because of the run threat?

PARAM

Hall of Fame
What do you think ROD?

Is Wilson about to “do a Stafford” for the Broncos? He takes them to the next level and they become a regular contender for the next 5yrs or so? In this scenario, Pete Carroll was the wrong guy to keep in Seattle, probably.
Taking them to "the next level" would be playoffs. To "do a Stafford" or before that, "a Brady" is winning the Lombardi first year with a new team (it's also "a Dilfer" but who cares? He got there on the shoulders of Ray Lewis & Co.).

I don't see it happening 3 years in a row (new team, Championship QB). I see Carroll and Seattle being better easier than I see Russell & Denver winning the SB, though I don't see Seattle being in the postseason.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the key with Denver is the coach. They have the roster to make some noise but is the coach good enough.

That entire division though is loaded on the roster side. There are 3 coaches with good rosters and a ton to prove.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
If Wilson is losing some of his legs, is he the same QB we saw for many years in Seattle? If now more a pocket passer, how does he do in Denver?
I never knew Wilson had legs because when I watched him play the Rams he was always on his back.

jjab360

Legend
I will never underestimate Russell Wilson, the guy is just a great player and is really fun to watch as well even though he never had an actual OL. And I can say that now because he isn't a Shehawk anymore. Just like how I can now fully appreciate Bobby Wagner.

The Broncos are without a doubt a legit contender. The Shehawks are done, Carroll is likely gone after this year, and they'll have a long road ahead of them back to competing.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas

Or is Pete Carroll the right piece to keep in Seattle, over Wilson? Pete goes on to rebuild the team with their solid draft (on paper) and win with Drew Lock? Pete’s got a .619 win % in Seattle.
I would never underestimate Pete Carroll-- who was the architect and coached two dynasties at USC and Seattle.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Is Denver better than Seattle? I mean they didn't look like it last season. I don't see Wilson being the answer to all their problems.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Considering the AFC West, I think it’s a battle between the Chargers and the Chiefs, with the Raiders and Broncos battling for last place. Wilson makes the Broncos better in some ways, but he scares me the least of any of the divisional QB’s. When we play them, RW will be running for his life like always, with AD on his ass all game.
The Hawks are the Fissher Rams to me. They could beat you, but shouldn’t.

Ram65

Legend
What is this 20 questions @CGI_Ram?

I have gone back and forth a couple of times on Wilson moving forward generally speaking.

Denver has some good WRs. I'm not sure about the blocking and running game. Wilson can still move around so I think if they mix it up and have him play-action and rollouts he will be fine. He may even be very good. He has to be smart with extending plays and running but, he always seems to protect himself.

Keep in mind the Hags gave him very little protection.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I don't think that Pete's run offense is going to do that well against the Rams and Bobby Wagner. We'll probably have a lot of insight
into what they are going to try to run.
Wilson will do OK in Denver if he can get the rest of the players in tune with his fire drill offense.

Except against the Rams!

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dunno. Bronco fans think Wilson makes them an instant Superbowl contender. Honestly, I have my doubts. He just hasn't looked like the same guy who could run around extending and making big plays. If he becomes a pocket passer he is no longer top ten in my opinion.

He might be a little better than guys like Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson in the pocket. But still far from his old self. And he won't have pro bowl caliber receivers like he had with Metcalf and Lockett. Broncos also sent their best tight end to Seattle in the trade.

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in the cellar of that tough division. Color me skeptical.

As far as Carroll and the seahags, another team I expect to end up in the cellar. Geno Smith and/or Drew Lock are not gonna get you in the playoffs. Even with the two good receivers. Carroll might wanna think about which guy gives them the best shot at tanking. There's supposed to be some good quarterbacks coming out of next year's draft.
Well, a good QB makes receivers pro bowl…so not so sure that Wilson won’t be able to extend plays and throw people open no matter what their last name is…if their in the NFL..they can catch

Flint

Pro Bowler
What do you think ROD?

Last season Wilson rushed for 183yds… by far his lowest, even adjusting for playing only 14 games last year. His 4.3 YPC his 2nd lowest.

Or, does he still have that mobile dynamic, and last season more the Walton offense effect? Bad oline.

Makes me wonder, was last season’s 7-10 stink-bomb record possibly more on Wilson, than Pete?

Many of us chuckled at the thought of Pete doing the Seattle rebuild. Myself included.

So…

Or is there some mash up of both being successful in this split? Or both sucking eggs?

What do you think?
The hags had an all time great defense and a hammer in Marshawn, it’s going to be tough to assemble that level of talent again but it is possible I guess. The Broncos and rams both were in tough divisions but the rams had a bit more success and having a couple HOF’ers surely helped. One thing the Rams didn’t have was a qb with super bowl credentials which the Broncos have got themselves. I’m not really comparing Tampa cuz that division was ripe for the picking and the Broncos won’t have that advantage. Denver’s problem is that the qbs in their division are all in their primes. And IF they manage to survive that division the bills Ravens Browns and last year’s runner up Bengals are out there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Considering the AFC West, I think it’s a battle between the Chargers and the Chiefs, with the Raiders and Broncos battling for last place. Wilson makes the Broncos better in some ways, but he scares me the least of any of the divisional QB’s. When we play them, RW will be running for his life like always, with AD on his ass all game.
The Hawks are the Fissher Rams to me. They could beat you, but shouldn’t.
A post without blue font and quite compelling too. Must be the switch back to the Merlin Olsen avatar.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
As to the Seattle Seahawks rebuild, well, cue the crickets. Not only will they be looking for the 12th person, they will be looking for the 9th, 10th & 11th too. IMO, unless they go big next year and make a deal for one of the high profile QB's the people of Seattle will be clamoring "Release The Kraken." The only viable team in Seattle.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What do you think ROD?

So…

What do you think?
I read an article in the Athletic that said Pete is going to try to revamp his defense to be more like the trendy Staley/Fangio style. But he does not have all of the pieces yet. So I think the Seahawks suck this season.

I also think Wilson is going to be an upgrade for Denver but he's nowhere near the guy he used to be. He may be re-energized in Denver, bt its a long season breathing thin air. He will do a Murray and fold like a lawn chair by game 12.