The rebuild in Seattle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would never underestimate Pete Carroll-- who was the architect and coached two dynasties at USC and Seattle.
Yeah this is how I'm seeing this. I don't like the guy but it seems like he's tried to open the offense up to compete with the young kid HCs and hasn't gotten shit done that route. So he's going back to what got him that ring i.e. physicality on both sides of the ball.

I think he's going to fail and get run out of the division. But playing them is gonna suck.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
As a Rams fan, I wanted Wilson to stay with the sea pigeons. The Rams almost always beat them but the whiners almost always lost to them. Wilson was 16-4 against the whiners. He owned them.

dang

Legend
I never hated Pete Carroll. While he’s a bit of a cornball I respect Russell Wilson. I liked some other Hags players (Wagner, Lockett, Beast Mode). But That dirty OL, big mouth Dick Sherman, tired 12th man Schtick and division rivalry feeds my dislike for Seattle. I would enjoy a long rebuild period to assist the Rams in leading the NFCW for the foreseeable.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would never underestimate Pete Carroll-- who was the architect and coached two dynasties at USC and Seattle.
I couldn’t disagree more. When Pete was at USC buying players was rampant. His USC dynasty was built by paying players. It’s been proven that teams that recruit the best talent win. Then when hit with sanctions he bailed and ran to Seattle smelling like a rose.

Zoom forward to Seattle. He had a good defense that he drafted after leaving USC. A la Jimmy Johnson he used his inside connections to build a great roster. After that? The Seattle drafting has been weak. What did he do great? He picked Russell Wilson. Wilson saved his career.

Then after teams figured out how to beat his cover 3 scheme has he had any answers for it? Did he make adjustments? I’ve always thought Pete stumbled into a lot of his success. I don’t have much respect for him.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
They haven't replaced any of the Legion of Boom and I'm not sure they're going in the right direction either. If this draft class doesn't pan out then they'll be in the seller for years.