The Raiders have applied for permission to relocate to Las Vegas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nds-750m-in-public-money-for-raiders-stadium/

Tourism committee recommends $750M in public money for Raiders stadium
Posted by Josh Alper on September 15, 2016

ap_16253035697206-e1473967520323.jpg
AP

The push for a stadium for the Raiders in Las Vegas took another step forward on Thursday.

The Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee voted unanimously to recommend the proposal to build a stadium for the Raiders and that recommendation will now be sent to Governor Brian Sandoval and the state legislature for the next steps in the process.

The proposal recommended by the SNTIC on Thursday calls for $750 million in public money be used for the construction of the stadium with developers and the Raiders putting up another $650 million. While the proposal calls for $750 million, there is no cap on public contributions to the project — Alternative B on Decision Point 2 of the draft recommendation — to ensure it meets the standard of a “premier National Football League facility.”

The panel’s recommendation doesn’t mean that the project will meet legislative approval or that the Raiders will wind up in Vegas if it does, but it’s another step toward making that a real possibility for the future of the franchise.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
This is huge especially that most Raider fans in So Cal. could now travel 200 miles less. And Vegas? Dang. Talk about revenue....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nds-750m-in-public-money-for-raiders-stadium/

Tourism committee recommends $750M in public money for Raiders stadium
Posted by Josh Alper on September 15, 2016

ap_16253035697206-e1473967520323.jpg
AP

The push for a stadium for the Raiders in Las Vegas took another step forward on Thursday.

The Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee voted unanimously to recommend the proposal to build a stadium for the Raiders and that recommendation will now be sent to Governor Brian Sandoval and the state legislature for the next steps in the process.

The proposal recommended by the SNTIC on Thursday calls for $750 million in public money be used for the construction of the stadium with developers and the Raiders putting up another $650 million. While the proposal calls for $750 million, there is no cap on public contributions to the project — Alternative B on Decision Point 2 of the draft recommendation — to ensure it meets the standard of a “premier National Football League facility.”

The panel’s recommendation doesn’t mean that the project will meet legislative approval or that the Raiders will wind up in Vegas if it does, but it’s another step toward making that a real possibility for the future of the franchise.
I heard the Raiders have already Copyrighted the New Raiders Vegas Logo! So I expect the move to Vegas will be made!!

khel72

Rookie
I live in Vegas and they are gonna need people to travel here to buy tickets. Arena football was gone in 2-3years, ECHL hockey folded, and I expect the NHL team to be gone within 4-5 years. Pretty much everyone here is from somewhere else and has a favorite team. They wI'll be like me and when the Rams come play I'll go to that game but the others? Meh

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in Vegas and tbh I think the move is brilliant for the Raiders. They're an international brand already, and putting them in a city with enormous tourism is extremely shrewd for their sales and licensing side. I also commute back and forth to SoCal and the 15 is packed with MFers from Cali on every weekend. The Raiders will pull from all over plus the LA region and pack that house every Sunday, absolutely no doubt about it.

Good example is Frozen Fury, which the Kings play annually before the hockey season starts. Kings fans roll in so heavy it's ridiculous man. I can't even imagine what it's gonna look like downtown on football Sundays lol.

What I like most about the whole thing is that UNLV is going to get a new stadium too. I think it is a football program on the rise right now, and their hire of Sanchez from Gorman High was brilliant. Gonna be some big bowl games and good times ahead for locals, really hope this thing happens.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I live in Vegas and they are gonna need people to travel here to buy tickets. Arena football was gone in 2-3years, ECHL hockey folded, and I expect the NHL team to be gone within 4-5 years. Pretty much everyone here is from somewhere else and has a favorite team. They wI'll be like me and when the Rams come play I'll go to that game but the others? Meh

Funny how different our takes are. The Raiders will be a huge hit.

Now the hockey team is another matter. The owner wants to name them <something> Knights, which is idiotic. It's gonna be tough to create a new brand there with a lame name. If they win quickly, which they might, it's possible but a tough road IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh and btw this affects the Rams and their stadium too, in that it is a step closer to the ideal scenario for the NFL... A vacant full set of offices in LA for whatever other team needs to leverage its city for a stadium in the next 20 years.

If the Chargers don't exercise their option the NFL hits a grand slam on that front.

khel72

Rookie
Funny how different our takes are. The Raiders will be a huge hit.

Now the hockey team is another matter. The owner wants to name them <something> Knights, which is idiotic. It's gonna be tough to create a new brand there with a lame name. If they win quickly, which they might, it's possible but a tough road IMO.
Our takes not that different, like you said a majority of the fans will come from out of town. And yep the 15 will be a nightmare with the golf club location. I live at mountains edge so not much of an issue for me

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Somebody is gonna shit,,, or get off the pot now.

I can easily see the raiders being very successful in Vegas. There are only 8 - 10 Home games every year (not counting playoffs... which would sell out for fucking sure).

They will thrive there in so many ways. I bet it happens.

FUCK the raiders.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gotta admit. Sin City Raiders sounds so badass.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/e...which-city-team-will-be-playing-in-next-year/

Ex-Chargers GM says he knows which city team will be playing in next year
by John Breech

When the people of San Diego cast a ballot in November to vote on whether or not to fund a new Chargers stadium, it might not matter which way they vote.

According to former Chargers general manager A.J. Smith, the team will be staying in San Diego, even if the stadium funding initiative gets shot down on Election Day.

"The Chargers aren't going anywhere," Smith said during an interview with the Mighty 1090-AM in San Diego. "Rest assured the Chargers will be here."

Just to make sure Smith was clear, host Kevin Acee asked him if that meant that the Chargers would be in San Diego "forever."

"Correct," Smith replied.

Smith then added that he had several NFL sources tell him that there was no way the league would let the Chargers leave.

"San Diego is coveted by the National Football League and the owners," Smith said. "The league wants a team here, they want them to stay here."

Although the Chargers might point out that they're allowed to move to Los Angeles if the stadium vote in November falls through, Smith says that move will never happen because the Chargers and Rams want nothing to do with each other.

"There is no option to go to L.A.," Smith said. "The people I talk to, my sources, you hear options, there's an option to go ... and there's paperwork that says [there's] an option, but the reality is that there's no option. L.A. has the Rams there and it will be the Rams."

According to Smith, the Rams will get the L.A. market to themselves as a favor from the league. Apparently, Rams owner Stan Kroenke wanted to move the team in 2015, but didn't go through with it because the NFL asked him to hold off for a year.

"The Rams were going to go to L.A. in 2015, they didn't need anyone else and they were on their way," Smith said. "And my sources told me, as far as the league, they said to Mr. Kroenke, 'Please, just hold off for a year, just stay where you are.' And it was granted. He stayed. Not a problem."

chargers-stadium-kickoff-04-24-16.jpg

This is what a new Chargers stadium in San Diego might look like. Manica Architecture

Anyway, if Smith's right about everything, then the NFL's game of relocation musical chairs could be coming to an end soon. If the Chargers are staying in San Diego, that leaves just the Raiders as the NFL's final nomadic team, and that might not last much longer.

The Southern Nevada Tourism Infrastructure Committee voted on Thursday to recommend the team's $1.9 billion stadium project in Las Vegas, which means the we're one small step from seeing an NFL stadium being built in Vegas.

If the Nevada State Legislature votes to approve $750 million in public funding for the stadium, then a Raiders move to Vegas would only need to cross one more hurdle: 24 of the NFL's 32 owners would have to vote to approve it, which would likely just be a formality. It's unlikely the league's owners would turn down $750 million in public money.

All that being said, the ultimate wild card play here could be something Smith didn't even mention: the Chargers moving to Vegas.

Vegas mayor Carolyn Goodman mentioned the possibility of a Chargers move to Nevada back in May. At the time, it didn't seem too plausible; however, with everything going on now, it definitely seems more possible than it did four months ago.

For Goodman's statement to become a reality, three things would likely have to happen: 1. A Vegas stadium gets approved (looks likely), 2. The Chargers stadium initiative fails at the ballot (very possible), 3. The Raiders strike a stadium deal in Oakland (very unlikely).

Raiders owner Mark Davis has continuously said that he'll stay in Oakland if he gets a new stadium. If the city of Oakland, which has refused to offer any public money to any sort of stadium project, miraculously comes up with an acceptable deal, that would mean the Raiders would likely stay.

If the Raiders stay, then an NFL stadium would be getting built in Vegas without an NFL team, and that's when Goodman would likely call the Chargers.

Of course, the Chargers have plenty of time to figure things out. Although their option to move to LA is set to expire in January 2017, they do have the ability to extend the option to January 2018, which means we could be looking at two or three more years of relocation talk before we know exactly how it's all going to play out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/11/nevada-senate-passes-las-vegas-stadium-bill/

Nevada senate passes Las Vegas stadium bill
Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2016

607570374-e1476238671408.jpg
Getty Images

The Raiders have moved another step closer to moving to Las Vegas. If they can get permission from the NFL.

Via the San Francisco Chronicle, the Nevada senate voted 16-5 to pass a stadium bill. The plan would contribute $750 million in public money toward the project, funded by a hotel and motel tax.

Even if the political process in Nevada culminates in the bill becoming law, the Raiders will need a total of 24 owners to approve a relocation.

As noted on Sunday night, a fight is brewing among ownership regarding whether it makes sense to put an NFL team in Las Vegas. That could make it harder for the Raiders to get the votes necessary to move, possibly setting the stage for an attempt by owner Mark Davis to move without approval.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As noted on Sunday night, a fight is brewing among ownership regarding whether it makes sense to put an NFL team in Las Vegas. That could make it harder for the Raiders to get the votes necessary to move, possibly setting the stage for an attempt by owner Mark Davis to move without approval.
IF Mar takes after his Daddy Al, He'll say F-The other Owners and Move anyway!!:fuelfire: And then settle it in Court!!:mrburnsevil:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Owners will NOT try to stop it. Keep saying it: having one team in LA allows for continued leverage against cities around the league to get stadiums. That is more important for the long term health of the league than anything else because now the threat is real; there is a vacant full set of offices for a team to move into a state of the art stadium in LA as of 2019.

Raiders to Vegas, Chargers stay in San Dog. Wins all around for the league now and into the future.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is there going to be legal sports betting on Raiders home games?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Is there going to be legal sports betting on Raiders home games?

sports gambling isnt what it use to be, its all around the country now. Thats the main reason why this has become a possibility. Sure it's at its biggest in Vegas but theres still sports gambling in the same city/state as other teams so dont see how itll be different in Vegas