The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Just thinking about Fisher having his choice with the Dolphins or Rams being the head coach and the Dolphins beating the Patriots today and I say to myself WTF ! How could it get this bad ! Who would have the Rams have got to be our head coach if Fish ended up coaching the Fish's? uuugggh

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
"We didn't have to change the offense at all now that Hill is in. Except that we don't have the trust in him to throw the ball more than 5 yards, so the opposing team can play single high safety all fucking game." "This way we can't run, throw, or effectively do anything but punt." The most fucking predictable team in the history of the entire league today.

Team being notorious for a "slow start" now is an understatement. They weren't ready to compete with the fucking pee-wee league team that came out at half time.

Hill better really be injured too. If not the decision to put in Davis in the 2nd half might be grounds to fire someone.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
Agree with @Tron here. Every year it fucking hurts. It's like groundhogs day.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Don't even care about the loss. It's the fashion in which it happened. Literately identical feeling to linehan days.

bskrilla

Starter
And after next weeks loss you will say 4-12 and then 2-14 and then 1-15, The rams suck bad and dont see them getting any better on the offensive side of the ball with Schotty in charge. He needs to be fired now.

Is it possible they could only win 1-4 games? Sure. But I just don't buy that this is the sum-total of the teams ability. I don't love Shotty by any stretch I just don't think play-calling was the reason we lost today. It was Oline play and penalties.

PeteMD

UDFA
It was ugly - sure - but it was also just one game.

Unfortunately one comment was so true "the Rams are playing like the youngest team in the NFL".
I am interessed to see, how Fisher&Co will adjust and coach them up for the next matchup with Tampa Bay.

rambone

UDFA
WTF? NO crossing routes. NO downfield stretch plays. 1 Motion play for 3 Qtrs! Tavon Austin BETWEEN THE TACKLKES 2 times IN A ROW? Are you kidding me?? Vikings D had to be laffin their assets off!

NO 3 step drops. NO pitches to the running backs. Flair to Austin in FLAT has NEVER worked in 2 years!! 1 target to Kenny Britt in first 3 Qtrs?? WTF??

Brian Schottenheimer is a JOKE. He STILL doesn’t know how to use Austin (see Cordell Patterson and Percy Harvin!!). Second half adjustments? Fugget about it.

It took Fisher 4 games last year to crawl up his a@@. Fire him or do the same or Fisher’s history.

ViperLjs

Rookie
How do we not start looking critically at Fisher and Co. at this point? It's not a coincidence that the Seahawks and 49's were both bad before Carroll and Harbaugh showed up, and consistently excellent afterwards; they aren't just magical draft gurus, they are simply better at coaching up the talent they have. Coaching in the NFL makes a HUGE difference, and we continue to see the same mistakes repeated over and over again with this team. It's simply unbelievable that the unsportsmanlike conduct and taunting penalties still continue. Fisher seems simply unwilling to address this problem.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
How do we let a mediocre team kick our asses up and down the field? The Vikings are a .500 team at best and looked like freaking Super Bowl contenders.

All the optimism about Hill. People writing off drafting a QB high in rd 1 because "we won't be in a position to do that." Give me a break. By the looks of it, we'll easily be in a position to grab a QB without even trading up. But this team won't do that.... despite the offense being the biggest concern by far for five freaking years now, we'll use that top pick on a defensive tackle or linebacker.

And when this team does decide to finally pursue a playmaker, it's nothing short of embarrassing. Yeah... lets piss away a 2nd round pick so we can jump in the top 10 for a 5'8" smurf who can't even catch a punt, when we could stay put and draft Patterson, who's a better player in almost every way. But no... that wouldn't satisfy Snead's inexplicable desire to dick around on draft day... trading just for the sake of trading, and ending up with Isaiah Pead and Brian Quick.

12 penalties, and offensive line that's beyond worthless, crap at QB, a D that still gives up big plays... if this game was even a half-accurate picture, then we're going to finish as a freaking two-win team.

Only the Rams draw boos from the crowd at halftime during a home opener. But honestly, I was glad they got boo'd. I hope it pissed them. I hope it made them realize how worthless they are as a football team.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I guess our preseason vanilla offense is just our actual offense.

Yeah, anyone who's watched pro football for a few years knows that it's not like you can flick a switch and be the opposite of what you played like in the preseason. If you can't block or tackle and are making stupid penalties during the preseason games, chances are that will bleed over into your regular season games. That's entirely on Fisher and the coaching staff.

wrstdude

Rookie
The only thing that will make it easier is if the Vikings go from worst to first in their division, but it's still an unacceptable loss. They have to show they're able to play w/ the best teams & they certainly did not today. Just a complete failure on both sides of the ball.

ViperLjs

Rookie
Yeah, anyone who's watched pro football for a few years knows that it's not like you can flick a switch and be the opposite of what you played like in the preseason. If you can't block or tackle and are making stupid penalties during the preseason games, chances are that will bleed over into your regular season games. That's entirely on Fisher and the coaching staff.
What really gets me is that Fisher obviously puts little to no emphasis on limiting penalties, despite how obviously they hurt the team. Fisher's teams are among the most penalized in the league year after year. He explains this away as "not wanting to take away their aggressiveness," but you can be aggressive AND controlled; it's not an either/or situation.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What really gets me is that Fisher obviously puts little to no emphasis on limiting penalties, despite how obviously they hurt the team. Fisher's teams are among the most penalized in the league year after year. He explains this away as "not wanting to take away their aggressiveness," but you can be aggressive AND controlled; it's not an either/or situation.

Perfectly put. (y)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Damn are the natives on the rampage today! I'm not happy about the game either but WOW!

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
It was ugly - sure - but it was also just one game.

Unfortunately one comment was so true "the Rams are playing like the youngest team in the NFL".
I am interessed to see, how Fisher&Co will adjust and coach them up for the next matchup with Tampa Bay.

It's true. I really look forward to them getting their shit together week 5 again. Going 7-9 and then looking forward to the draft. As long as the season never ends until the next one starts maybe they'll come out ready to play an actual game come opening day.

NukeRam

I test nuclear weapons
Name
Mike
I was watching the 9ers game. Now I'm thinking both the Whiners & Seacocks are gonna put up 40 burgers on us. Gonna hate watching that.