The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Here's another gripe I had today, why are the CB's still playing 10 yards off? It seemed like every time I looked, they were playing off. I saw some times where they pressed but it sure seemed like they played off more often than not. I thought that was supposed to be because of Walton? I'm sick of seeing screen passes, quick outs, easy short dump offs, etc that allow other teams to just march down the field.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Here's another gripe I had today, why are the CB's still playing 10 yards off? It seemed like every time I looked, they were playing off. I saw some times where they pressed but it sure seemed like they played off more often than not. I thought that was supposed to be because of Walton? I'm sick of seeing screen passes, quick outs, easy short dump offs, etc that allow other teams to just march down the field.

That's the identity....always has been. There's plays out of GW's playbook that show exactly this. I don't know what you expected.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Is there a curse on our team I don't know about!!?? I just can't believe what I'm seeing here!! Why aren't we airing it out?? Why aren't we in a hurry up offense?? penalty after penalty!! AND NOW ROUGHING THE KICKER!!! COME ON RAMS!!!!

You don't know about the curse??

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think I have a stye in my eye, that is the highlight of the day...

Fucking bullshit. Fuck Fisher, Fuck Schotty. This was garbage.

Quick, Gaines, Mcdonald and Donald were the only bright spots. The rest was complete shit.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have no gripes with our defense today. First game in a new scheme and they kept it close for a half.
That offense....3rd year under Shotty......
embarrassed1.gif

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
I wish I had an outlook like this. But maybe I'm just a realist. Based off what I saw today against one of the worse teams on the schedule, we'll be lucky to win 2 games at the most.
Maybe it is the beer speaking, but maybe I saw a team that still is bouncing back from a nightmare preseason. Once the O-line gels, who knows? We looked like a team that could go 3-13 at times and we showed flashes at times too.

Athos

Legend
Sad fucking fact is that I'm not so sure there's a QB worth losing for at this point.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
There was just so much wrong today, but it started with an offense that had absolutely no rhythm. Did Hill strain his vagina or something? Play through the pain, dude...if you stand for the entire second half and walk around....you aren't hurt enough to sit out.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher seems to dodge a lot of the heat from the fans...

He has always been a mediocre coach and I can't see the Rams fortunes changing under his leadership.

The team has pockets of young talent scattered within the roster, but we also have glaring holes such as our offensive line comprised of cast-offs and those with a few too many surgical scars.

iced

Unfortunately he didn't look very good either ?
yea i know - all you could do was laugh at that point... GRob comes in for first play, gets beat, and Davis throws a pick 6.

The Tampa game isn't going to be any easier either - especially with Gerald Mccoy lining up across from the RG spot

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
ummm, I won't blame Schotty....He's working with a relic....at QB and several linemen....The good thing is, these type of losses make changes take place. Wells will hopefully be benched/cut, get G-Rob in the damn game...Bench Joseph...If Saffold & Long are this inept, draft some replacements. It's hard to see Martin & Gabe Jackson looking so good when we could have drafted them both with a little moving around.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Now that I'm done venting, I think our problems on offense stem from no Bradford while there is lack of emphasis on the run game. Defense likely hasn't picked up Williams's scheme yet and knowing the aggressive playstyle, the consequences of yielding big plays have shown. I hope as the season goes on, our team will play better as a unit but I'm expecting more Jekyll and Hyde as well.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Now that I'm done venting, I think our problems on offense stem from no Bradford while there is lack of emphasis on the run game. Defense likely hasn't picked up Williams's scheme yet and knowing the aggressive playstyle, the consequences of yielding big plays have shown. I hope as the season goes on, our team will play better as a unit but I'm expecting more Jekyll and Hyde as well.

The big plays were because of missed tackles, not because we shot the wrong gap on a blitz....or because of a scheme problem.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I don't know why people are trying to blame Schotty for this. Austin Davis is our QB now... that is all. He sucks as every single one of us has seen, every single time he's played. He's just a terrible QB in this league at the moment. Maybe he'll get better and progress because he's got some ability.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have no gripes with our defense today. First game in a new scheme and they kept it close for a half.
That offense....3rd year under Shotty......
embarrassed1.gif

I'll cut Schotty slack on the fact that he had a 3rd string QB for half the game and it's not his fault our OL forgot to block today. OTOH, it just seems like he does not know how to fully utilize Tavon Austin and there are times he just seems to not respond or adapt his playcalling to the situation in the game. Perhaps the OL and general lack of execution made it look worse, but it still just seems like BS is missing something.

V3

Hall of Fame
I disagree. The talent is there. Preparation is disgraceful on offense IMO.
The prep sucks but there are many players that are way overrated by fans and the media. I'm really trying to bite my tongue here because I don't want it to turn into a, "I could draft better than the Rams" type thing. I know who I would have taken in the top two rounds (I don't have time to research much past two rounds) and I'm not happy with what I'm seeing from the Rams' choices vs. my own. The Seahawks had just as much roster turnover as the Rams over a three year period and they had fewer picks and picked lower in the draft. By year three, they had shown they were a force. I don't think this team is even close to that. I'm losing my patience. I'm trying but I'm not seeing results. All I see are excuses.