The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VARam

fisher just threw his starting quarterback under the bus. in week one. does anyone honestly expect hill to give it his all for a shit head coach that got lucky in 1999 the rest of the way?

V3

Hall of Fame
Hard to argue.
Penalties killed us. Stopped our drives and others kept the Viks on the field.

Where the hell is our run blocking? It wasn't there in the Preseason and it wasn't there today.

Bates taunting pissed me off more than Quicks face mask penalty.

Fisher didn't have this team ready. Injuries or not, it's time for Fisher to hang these guys on meat hooks and lay down a healthier hand.

OH man!! That pissed me off so much. You DO NOT gloat about hitting a guy and injuring him like that. I can see why others think the Rams are dirty. I would sit him at least a game for that.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
There's no such thing as football gods. There's only incompetence and mediocrity. Yeah, the ball sometimes takes funny bounces and injuries can happen at the worst of times but talent, skill, and heart rise above that.

not if someone out there has a rams vodoo doll and they are sticking pins in it

Buckwheat

UDFA
Name
JP
I'm still gonna watch the games. Can't get any worse. I mean crap our defense has so much potential but when you leave them on the field the whole game they have no chance.

I'm still gonna support the team but jeez, we gotta get it together.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
OH man!! That pissed me off so much. You DO NOT gloat about hitting a guy and injuring him like that. I can see why others think the Rams are dirty. I would sit him at least a game for that.

To be fair to Bates, one of the Vikings pushed him right into Sherels, and Sherels never called for a fair catch. Still a classless act on Bates' part to celebrate.

Speeps

Starter
Schotty must GO! He can't play call in today's NFL. He is stuck in 80's. Tavon Austin, and most of the talent on offense is being wasted. WASTED. Schotty doesnt have a clue. And Fisher needs to get rid of him. He will not get this team to where it needs to go. No imagination. No inspiration. No nothing. I'm usually pretty calm and reserved to loses, but this upsets me. I refuse to support this. And no this game had nothing to do with Sam Bradford being out. This has everything to do with coaches not coaching up talent and talent not doing what they're supposed to do. All this team wants to do is talk and argue with people. No one wants to play. JOKE.

V3

Hall of Fame
To be fair to Bates, one of the Vikings pushed him right into Sherels, and Sherels never called for a fair catch. Still a classless act on Bates' part to celebrate.
Oh, I know. I just thought it showed absolutely zero class that he started cheering like that when they took the flag back and he still saw the guy on the ground in pain and possibly injured.

AZRamsFan93

But our QB got hurt, and he's NEVER gotten hurt before. So I mean, there's no way they could've known he might get hurt or prepared for it. Nah, I think we can let them slide to next year when we draft a new QB. Then of course we'll have to let him develop so that will take a few years...
You need to use your blue font..

Buckwheat

UDFA
Name
JP
I'm still gonna watch the games. Can't get any worse. I mean crap our defense has so much potential but when you leave them on the field the whole game they have no chance.

I'm still gonna support the team but jeez, we gotta get it together.
Definitely didn't execute the running game like I think we all expected....now they have the receivers but don't have a proven QB. Gaines had a heck of game and Joyner looks like the real deal and Donald had his moments. Too many penalties and the Vikings offensive line won the battle in the trenches. It doesn't get any easier from here on out, but on any given Sunday any team can win if they execute the game plan and play their best. Next week is another game. Bradford's injury is like a dagger to the heart

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
This was a different play.
He was flagged for taunting on a different play.
The play where sherels was hurt wasn't a pf. Although Bates and Armstrong were thoroughly enjoying his pain.

scifiman

I just didn't see a consistently soft defense today. I saw a D that contained the best RB in the league, and did what they had to do vs a good gameplan to keep it close(defending quick passes, misdirection plays) ....for awhile. There is no D anywhere that can sustain that for 4 qtrs when our offense is getting curbstomped by a very average Minnesota D.
Time of possession tells a different story. Rams had the ball more than the vikings did. The defense was well rested. At least better rested than the vikings d was.

scifiman

Definitely didn't execute the running game like I think we all expected....now they have the receivers but don't have a proven QB. Gaines had a heck of game and Joyner looks like the real deal and Donald had his moments. Too many penalties and the Vikings offensive line won the battle in the trenches. It doesn't get any easier from here on out, but on any given Sunday any team can win if they execute the game plan and play their best. Next week is another game. Bradford's injury is like a dagger to the heart
Would have been the same whether Bradford played or not. Time to move on from Bradford.

jrc

UDFA
Name
Jr
I think Hill did pretty well today before he got hurt. The o line and oc, not so well.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Schottenheimer must go.

This is coming from one of the most patient Rams fans that you will ever know. Can anyone tell me just exactly what the focus of the Rams' plan of attack is? Unless it's three and out, I haven't a clue.

He sucks A$$! I hate him as much as I've ever hated any Rams coach! Gand he SUCKS!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
No matter what happened today, it's still better to be a Rams fan than root for the Cowboys.

Only bad thing is one of the teams we hate (69ers) are beating the crap out of them. So far the teams above us look good again. Frick

scifiman

How do we let a mediocre team kick our asses up and down the field? The Vikings are a .500 team at best and looked like freaking Super Bowl contenders.

All the optimism about Hill. People writing off drafting a QB high in rd 1 because "we won't be in a position to do that." Give me a break. By the looks of it, we'll easily be in a position to grab a QB without even trading up. But this team won't do that.... despite the offense being the biggest concern by far for five freaking years now, we'll use that top pick on a defensive tackle or linebacker.

And when this team does decide to finally pursue a playmaker, it's nothing short of embarrassing. Yeah... lets pee pee away a 2nd round pick so we can jump in the top 10 for a 5'8" smurf who can't even catch a punt, when we could stay put and draft Patterson, who's a better player in almost every way. But no... that wouldn't satisfy Snead's inexplicable desire to dick around on draft day... trading just for the sake of trading, and ending up with Isaiah Pead and Brian Quick.

12 penalties, and offensive line that's beyond worthless, crap at QB, a D that still gives up big plays... if this game was even a half-accurate picture, then we're going to finish as a freaking two-win team.

Only the Rams draw boos from the crowd at halftime during a home opener. But honestly, I was glad they got boo'd. I hope it pissed them. I hope it made them realize how worthless they are as a football team.
What I have seen with the rams is players who have all the talent physically but not between the ears. Rams are undisciplined and make dumb mistakes and penalties. These are the types of players they have been drafting. Combine warriors but does not translate to the field where it counts. Give me the smart guys with a little less so-called talent and I will show you winning teams. Peyton Manning does not have the strongest most accurate arm and is not very mobile yet he wins and wins and wins. There are players all over the league like that yet we draft the physical specimens who have no brains.