The Official Rams vs. Vikings Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
The big plays were because of missed tackles, not because we shot the wrong gap on a blitz....or because of a scheme problem.

Yeah I saw too much emphasis on shoulder tackling rather than wrapping your arms around players while another finishes him. Can't also count out the fact that our defensive players are small and there's bound to be missed tackles.

V3

Hall of Fame
That's the identity....always has been. There's plays out of GW's playbook that show exactly this. I don't know what you expected.
Then why did people say last year when it was brought up that it was Walton's fault? All I heard was that we wouldn't be seeing much of that anymore now that Williams took over due to how aggressive he is. They hardly ever even try to bump them off their routes.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ummm, I won't blame Schotty....He's working with a relic....at QB and several linemen....The good thing is, these type of losses make changes take place. Wells will hopefully be benched/cut, get G-Rob in the damn game...Bench Joseph...If Saffold & Long are this inept, draft some replacements. It's hard to see Martin & Gabe Jackson looking so good when we could have drafted them both with a little moving around.
I'm almost there with you on the OLine. I am definitely DONE with Saffold. DONE

This is a group of expensive, fragile, ineffective dinosaurs. I'm THIS close to hoping this group gets blown up if things don't dramatically improve. Get rid of Wells, Saffold...get GRob in there immediately(let him take his lumps), pay Barksdale. Draft more guys next spring.

I'm also close to jumping on the lynch Shotty bandwagon.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Um, mods? Is it okay for me to make a mock draft thread? You know, for catharsis or something similar?

V3

Hall of Fame
I have no gripes with our defense today. First game in a new scheme and they kept it close for a half.
That offense....3rd year under Shotty......
embarrassed1.gif

I mentioned in another thread that I'm hoping that a lot had to do with it being a new scheme. I still don't like seeing them play so soft, though.

And yes, I'm done with Schotty. I don't get why people still defend him.

NateTheRam

Rookie
Name
Nathan
Dear Rams, I was so excited for the beggining of this season. The offensive actually looked good and this Def was on point. After loosing Sam Bradford I was still pumped but not as much as I was in the beggining of the season, after watching you play this morning, I felt sick to my stomach! I just spent 120$ on the NFL ticket just to watch your play, that was a waist of money..

P.S. Shotty! You are Fu*ken worthless. Already looking forward to the 2015 draft:bueller:

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We should be good to go once all these "A+" draft classes pan out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I mentioned in another thread that I'm hoping that a lot had to do with it being a new scheme. I still don't like seeing them play so soft, though.

And yes, I'm done with Schotty. I don't get why people still defend him.
I just didn't see a consistently soft defense today. I saw a D that contained the best RB in the league, and did what they had to do vs a good gameplan to keep it close(defending quick passes, misdirection plays) ....for awhile. There is no D anywhere that can sustain that for 4 qtrs when our offense is getting curbstomped by a very average Minnesota D.

scifiman

There is LITERALLY no way the team is as bad as they played today. That being said we're also likely not as good as we were hoping either.

Still think they're a 6-9 win team. Same as I felt after Bradford went down.

This was, however, one of the most brutally unacceptable games I've seen them play since Fisher became coach.
And after next weeks loss you will say 4-12 and then 2-14 and then 1-15, The rams suck bad and dont see them getting any better on the offensive side of the ball with Schotty in charge. He needs to be fired now.

scifiman

This group was such a huge disappointment today... High expectations and it's been the complete opposite of what most of us expected. This and penalties have killed us today... I don't think the defense was that bad today, we couldn't do anything on offense. Defense is gana let up when we can't move the ball down the field, they have to be tired out there. Just disappointing on the offensive side of the ball...
Time possession was in the rams favor. Viking defense was on the field more than ours was.

Irish

Starter
For those keeping score at home, the St. Louis Cardinals have now outscored the Rams today...

V3

Hall of Fame
I just didn't see a consistently soft defense today. I saw a D that contained the best RB in the league, and did what they had to do vs a good gameplan to keep it close(defending quick passes, misdirection plays) ....for awhile. There is no D anywhere that can sustain that for 4 qtrs when our offense is getting curbstomped by a very average Minnesota D.
Perhaps you're right. I'll have to go back and focus on the coverage since I was all over on first watch through.

PeteMD

UDFA
giphy.gif

I am - lets say - a bit dissapointed. At first the tackling was really good (TJ McDonald making some solid stops) and the defense stopped A. Peterson. But what happend afterwards?? Why isnt A. Donald starting - he looked extremly quick to me. I thought, that K. Britt would show up..

Positive aspect: B. Quick making some nice catches

Looking forward to next game and what kind of adjustments the coaching staff will make (and hopefully they will do something)

Hawaii Ram

Rookie

i agree I didn't see us playing soft defense. We blitzed a lot but Minnesota just did a really good job of game planning using screens, quick passes and misdirection. They also picked up our blitzes really well on the deeper drops. One of the huge factors in the game was that they didn't really need to blitz to get pressure on Hill and Davis while we did.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ridiculous penalties and dumbass play calling as usual. It's almost like there was no preseason. :mad:
Well FWIW IMO we didn't play or starters enough during the pre-season, went paranoid when Sam got hurt and maybe we play better next week IF Hill isn't out.

Rams0307

The Rams have answered a previous poster's question about this board being delusional.

Clearly delusional. This is not a good team. Say what you want about losing Bradford, but that doesn't impact the defense, which sucks.

Sooner or later you have to look at the coaching. When will Fisher be put on the hot seat?

It does when you're offense can't ever stay on the field. The defense was gassed by midway through the 3rd quarter. Before that, they played pretty well.

The coaching does need to be looked at for sure. With Bradford I had us winning 9 games. With Hill I had us winning 6 or 7. Without either, we will win < 3. This could be one of those seasons where we catch bad break after bad break.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Said I wouldn't give up until the players and coaches did.. Well.

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
I still can't get over our inability to get Tavon Austin the ball in space. It just blows my mind in they can't seem to get him the ball in stride where he can really use his quickness. They throw him these short passes in the flat in which his momentum just takes him right out of bounds for 3 yard gains. They absolutely need to run him on more drag routes across the middle or run some pick plays to free him up. Just take a look back to that indy game last year in what he can do when he gets it with some forward speed.