The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
with articles like that above ... if Im the rams and i had made those highest paid defender in the NFL offers ... im leaking it to the media terms years guarantees the lot .. i dont see why the rams when under a new coach who has brought nothing but positivity to the rams fandom and team and heading into a new season should get the flak for the holdout of Mr Donald.

id call pittsburgh and ask them if they want him for two firsts a second and Watt

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
What's a "good" offer? What is Donald asking? What are the Rams offering? The Rams leaking to Schefter that they have made "good offers" to turn the fans against Donald is just a negotiating tactic.

true no one really knows what rams have offered or what Donald wants but something no one is considering is maybe Donald just doesn't want to be a ram.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@CGI_Ram I'm curious what is the most popular thread in ROD history?

Gotta think it was that relocation thread.

I'd guess this one :

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/your-song-of-the-day.23246/

Replies:
Views:

There's no way to go back that far and check but @bluecoconuts is probably right. Third would be the "Introduce Yourself" thread which has 2,749 replies and 124,921 views.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope he holds out all season just so this thread gets to 20,000 replies, which it will! It's like the new Dow Jones Industrial Average on a monster clip upwards. Can someone post a chart?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
BTW, what makes you think that the Rams aren't offering what he deserves? Even before the leaks, I would have been surprised if they weren't trying to make him the highest paid defensive player - all the more amazing since they control him for years to come.
If we go on recent history...Jenoris Jenkins stated how the Rams offer wasn't close to fair market value...In fact Jenkins felt "disrespected" and even fired his agent, who I believe Fisher helped find for him.
http://www.espn.com/blog/st-louis-r...ns-expresses-contract-frustrations-on-twitter

View: https://twitter.com/JjenkzLockdown/status/704119015917133832

How do YOU know they havent made such offers? How do you know the Rams have not made offers in excess of that? Why are you assuming the Rams are trying to turn the fans against Donald?
That's the only reason to leak facts about contracts. Rams have tried to make Donald the highest paid defensive player....yada yada....that's Rams FO saying that...Not Donald's people. Donald KNOW the market should continue to rise.
The Rams have showed us in recent years nothing but good faith in dealing with players and salaries.

View: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2620448-insider-buzz-janoris-jenkins-fires-agent-complicates-rams-free-agency-plans

Again...Look at Jenkins....Not Tavon...which is worse. He's not half the player of Donald, yet is paid like a top WR...
Why are you assuming, with the evidence of recent deals, that the Rams are somehow trying to NOT give AD a fantastic deal?
Because every good player didn't get a fair deal. Lesser players did. Hell, we didn't wanna pay Sam Bradford.

Suh didnt make Detroit a winner
Oh yeah he did. He's helping Miami turn into a winner too.

I could be wrong but based on recent years and recent transactions as evidence, I don't think the Rams are balking at reasonable terms. THE RAMS flew to Atlanta to meet with the players representation. The RAMS have brought the manilla folder across country to work out a solution. I don't see the PLAYER or his agent in LA attempting to resolve anything at all. It's as if they have dug their foxhole.

Yet some still see this as a player being shafted somehow by the team?
If I just go on the player...Donald strikes me as a fair man. If I had to choose whom to believe, based on past experiences of Jenoris Jenkins...Sam Bradford....I'd side with Donald.

BPOT

Pay the man

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So a little quick math I was just thinking about. Colts open up 3.5 point favorites. Colts declare Luck out spread moves 7 points so the Rams are 3.5 point favorites. Does anybody here honestly think when the Rams announce Donald won't play the spread moves back 7 points?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So a little quick math I was just thinking about. Colts open up 3.5 point favorites. Colts declare Luck out spread moves 7 points so the Rams are 3.5 point favorites. Does anybody here honestly think when the Rams announce Donald won't play the spread moves back 7 points?
I seriously think we beat their @sses regardless (notice the lack of blue font)

…..

Legend
a bunch of stuff a bunch of stuff...Pay the man

You are using Sam Bradford as a player the Rams didn't want to pay? You don't remember that he was often injured and did not perform to his contract? Your Jenkins example was much better, but even in that case the Rams had another option and could not afford them both.

Clearly the Rams can't pay everyone. No team can. Let's not debate that, or debate who they did or who the should have paid.

You and Jerry are saying "why else would the Rams leak the Info"....AS IF THE RAMS LEAKED THE INFO. If that's how its gonna work with you two, I'm going to start giving credit to Jerry Jones, AS IF JERRY LEAKED THE INFO.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
You are using Sam Bradford as a player the Rams didn't want to pay? You don't remember that he was often injured and did not perform to his contract? Your Jenkins example was much better, but even in that case the Rams had another option and could not afford them both.
I thought we did want Bradford, but had injury concerns. He was our best option at QB....Foles was a huge mistake.

You and Jerry are saying "why else would the Rams leak the Info".
Who else would link info that is saying, "Rams make FAIR offer"? Not Donald or his people...That's the Rams...to try and swing public opinion...Sorta like they did with Sam Bradford and Jenoris Jenkins...similar strategy...win public opinion. It's working...

We can't pay everyone...hmmmm...but don't you think we SHOULD PAY OUR BEST?!?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought we did want Bradford, but had injury concerns. He was our best option at QB....Foles was a huge mistake.

Who else would link info that is saying, "Rams make FAIR offer"? Not Donald or his people...That's the Rams...to try and swing public opinion...Sorta like they did with Sam Bradford and Jenoris Jenkins...similar strategy...win public opinion. It's working...

And what makes you think they don't want to pay him? I mean they flew to Atlanta to talk to his agents. Clearly they aren't trying to sign him. It comical people talk with envy about winning the Patriots way yet also want us to pay Donald to a salary they wouldn't pay him.

Every week we here more from Snead that talks are ongoing but they must not want to pay him. There comes a point that he has to want to play for the Rams and be the highest paid defender. But hey they don't want to pay him. Let's just put blinders on and ignore the fact it takes two parties to consummate a contract. Donald has done less to show he wants to sign and play for the Rams that our FO has shown they want him.

But hey we don't want to pay him yeah right.

…..

Legend
Who else would link info that is saying, "Rams make FAIR offer"? Not Donald or his people...That's the Rams...to try and swing public opinion...

Let me save you some time...

Organized by Jerry Jones, the Rams met in a clandistine location deep inside area 51 and passed a sealed envelope to Florio. At that point, a PFT mailroom clerk then flew to Nepal, where from the top of Mount Everest, a little known Sherpa used a secret flashlight code known only to himself and a local Catholic Church Camp Counselor, sent the message to Shefter, who then pretended to get a text during a live taping of Good Morning Football.

Of course, they did all this TO MAKE AD LOOK BAD IN THE PUBLICS EYE, AND THUS TURN THE PUBLIC AGAINST THE VERY PERSON THEY WERE TRYING TO SIGN TO THE FOREVER CONTRACT. YUP, THATS WHAT WE DID.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

They wanted Bradford to take a pay cut after he had torn his ACL in two consecutive seasons and was a huge injury risk, not to mention hadn't lived up to his billing as the first pick of the draft. The Rams were hardly unreasonable at that time, because his cap hit was huge and his play and injury status did nothing to make it justified.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
It comical people talk with envy about winning the Patriots way yet also want us to pay Donald to a salary they wouldn't pay him.

That's such a great point. Does anyone think that Belichek would put up with this sh!t?

nighttrain

Legend
Give him a signing bonus ($5 million to $10 million). It prorates for 5 years. Then schedule a big roster bonus for next year right at the start of the league (March). That would be a way of making it work.
Has to be some guaranteed money right?
train

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I haven't read a post on this thread nor do I intend to.

There is no one person in this world that's going to prevent me from enjoying the season one hundred percent.
Including Aaron Donald.

I am bored with the subject.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
giphy.gif

51 pages of him still not signing....FML.