The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
If and when the guy decides to show up, I hope he's prepared to hear it from the fans.
I suppose he can wipe away his tears with stacks of cash, but still, the fans are going to boo the shit out of him.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If and when the guy decides to show up, I hope he's prepared to hear it from the fans.
I suppose he can wipe away his tears with stacks of cash, but still, the fans are going to boo the crap out of him.

Doubt it - I expect the opposite, in fact. Fans forgive once you strap the pads on again.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I'm not sure how to properly phrase this, but I thought there was a rule where NFL salary requirements for a player under contract for multiple years dealt with a percentage amount between each year where pay must be within a certain amount of the previous year ? What I mean to say is, I didn't think you could pay a player a minimum in the first year of a contract and then pay him more than a 20% higher base the next ? My percentages may be off, but seems I recall there was a rule that tried to keep teams from excessive back-loading ? jmo.

To me, it sounds like this might be referring to the 30% rule:
Section 7. 30% Rules:
(a) No NFL Player Contract extending into a season beyond the Final League Year may provide for an annual increase in Salary, excluding any amount attributable to a signing bonus as defined in Section 6(b)(iii) above, of more than 30% of the Salary provided for in the Final League Year, per year, either in the season after the Final League Year or in any subsequent season covered by the Player Contract.
https://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Thank you, ... pretty sure you are spot on with this rule as misremembered by me after several years of it being a rather obscure & relatively non-discussed article of the CBA, my memory lapse of the details created the confusion.

I appreciate you digging this up, although not exactly how I remembered it in my usual haze, but i'm fairly certain this is what I was trying to recall.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
What do you guys think are the chances that Donald shows up tomorrow with a new deal? 15% chance ?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Doubt it - I expect the opposite, in fact. Fans forgive once you strap the pads on again.
I don't know about that. While a bit of a different scenario, because he was now on a different team, I was at the Big A when ED came back in a Colts uni after his dispute/trade from the Rams. Our response? We threw monopoly money at him at the introduction and Boo'd the hell outta him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I just wish we knew the progress of what is going on behind the scenes. It's frustrating when McVay says he's optimistic that Donald will play Sunday but then there are reports from Florio that a deal is not even close.

fd4d04aa918eddcd840592e606aeb018.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No, Little didn't play for Nebraska. Tennessee I believe. You thinking about Lawrence Philips?

Your right He did have a cut off jersey though . Both Orange

The forgotten-Grant Windstorm & Carriker

--thanks --

jjab360

Legend
I don't know about that. While a bit of a different scenario, because he was now on a different team, I was at the Big A when ED came back in a Colts uni after his dispute/trade from the Rams. Our response? We threw monopoly money at him at the introduction and Boo'd the hell outta him.
That's a massively different situation than a contract extension...

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
*If* the Rams have offered him an extension that would make him the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and *if* one of the reasons he's turned it down is because the amount by which it exceeds the amount paid to the current highest paid defensive player isn't enough (still with me?) then, bearing in mind he's under contract for two more years, I say GFY Aaron Donald!

Sign the extension and get your arse back into the practice facility ASAP.

I like to think I'm normally fairly level headed but he may well be taking the p1ss big time if some of these reports about his demands are true. I realise his agent might be driving this whole thing but the agent works for him. He is the client and can tell the agent what to do at any time.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Mine will sprint across the bed at full speed making sure to hit my wife and I.
Mine does that bounce on the bed, a flying leap of sort and then jumps off... hasn't landed on me yet thank goodness.

EasyE

Starter
if AD has any kind of longtime medical issue happen to him in the meantime , dude could be out 50 plus million...viruses can do some crazy damage....I'm just sayin....i had virus screw up my balance from the flu..

get in here AD

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is what I think of Donald's agent Todd France.
200.webp

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we offer to make him the highest paid defensive player he just isn't happy with how much of the guaranteed money is in the first three years? Yeah he cares about the team and winning I still buy that :mad:

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read or heard somewhere, a lot of teams wouldn't have even taken that phone call from someone with 2 years left on a contract. They would have hung up on the agent. Yet the Rams have been nothing but first class in addressing his talent, contribution to the team and understanding of how he needs a new deal. The Rams are actually a pretty damn nice organization.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
So we offer to make him the highest paid defensive player he just isn't happy with how much of the guaranteed money is in the first three years? Yeah he cares about the team and winning I still buy that :mad:

Just like he has received those personal fouls the last 2 years. How many times has he been ejected ? Taking his helmet off. Kissing his composer.

He has totally improved his game though. He has increased his speed big time. So quick of foot. He works hard.

Upsetting he is missing out. Thought better of him. Holdout all he wants. 2021 when the NFL goes on strike players will need to be all staged up.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hard for me to be on the side of a guy who makes enough money to wipe his azz with 100$$ bills the rest of his life and not miss them.

I will be there to Razz and heckle AD for his hold out. I hope he hears a ton of boo's from fans. He'll be hearing it from me.