The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Well, I'd guess the questions start with the guy. The first red flag is putting those things on his nipples. Somebody should've pulled the emergency stop on the crazy train right there! :dizzy:

Edit: I hope those nipple things are the only thing that guy has trained the poor dog to speed bag...:boxing:

My Shiba will jump on my bed and touch me with his paw to wake me up if he needs to go out for a bathroom. He did that on his own, no training.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
My Shiba will jump on my bed and touch me with his paw to wake me up if he needs to go out for a bathroom. He did that on his own, no training.
My Golden is too old to jump up on my bed. He puts his head on the bed and pants so hard and fast that it shakes the bed. If that doesn't wake me up, he'll crop dust me as a final warning.:shocked:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
My Golden is too old to jump up on my bed. He puts his head on the bed and pants so hard and fast that it shakes the bed. If that doesn't wake me up, he'll crop dust me as a final warning.:shocked:
Two dogs, 2 cats, 2 male roommates and another female roommate. Lot's of crop dusting going in there, sometimes difficult to figure who did it. Well one roommate is obvious, he can be heard about a mile away.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Two dogs, 2 cats, 2 male roommates and another female roommate. Lot's of crop dusting going in there, sometimes difficult to figure who did it. Well one roommate is obvious, he can be heard about a mile away.
Yikes! Sounds like you could use a scented candle!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't buy into the trade AD way of thinking. It's a lose situation for the Rams. There is no way they get equal value. The other team knows what they are getting in AD. They won't trade their best player who probably is not as good a player as AD. They will probably trade a good player and some draft picks. We all know that draft picks are a crap shoot. So how can they even come close to equal value. Sit it out

At this stage the Rams are losing anyway. Even if he reports now he won't be up to speed for weeks - maybe they can use him on passing downs, and gradually expand his use - but he needs to get up to speed. And they have to make decisions based on his not being there.

It's true they won't get equal value for him, although cap savings from trading him will add value elsewhere too. And the Rams use their cap room, so it will go to keep other players. And a team trading for him and willing to give any sort of value is likely to be a good one, who thinks he'll make a difference in the postseason, and not willing to give up any good vet unless the vet is redundant to them.

Given how the slew of picks very rapidly from the Redskin trade has caused issues with contracts coming due at the same time, I think I'd like to see the Rams get a bunch of picks over a few years, including a bunch of mid to late picks spread over 5 years or so, as well as some higher picks. Let McVay have enough picks to either draft players that fit the system for years to come, or trade them as opportunities arise as he's done during training camp.

I'd rather have AD at a fair contract having shown up for training camp, but that boat has sailed.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It may be time for McVay to ban the utterance of the name AD around the team. As of right now, he does not exist in any gameplan. The Rams have to concentrate on their opponents. The team has to move on without him. I'm at the point now that I just don't care. It's a shame because I think this is at the tipping point of ruining AD's career. I think what AD's agent is trying to pull off is probably not received well from ANY team. That alone diminishes AD's value to others. Most teams will not even consider the cost, especially if AD is not willing to play without this new "magic" deal in place. It's time to not cut AD a check each week. He's under contract. He's a no-show. No money deserved at this point. Future FAs decision to come to the Rams won't be affected. Most players realize to get paid you have to show up. Sign a deal, live by it. It'd be much different if AD was a FA. He'd be getting paid by somebody. Now, in the future, who knows. He could be a rusty 30 yr old.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
I just wish we knew the progress of what is going on behind the scenes. It's frustrating when McVay says he's optimistic that Donald will play Sunday but then there are reports from Florio that a deal is not even close.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I just wish we knew the progress of what is going on behind the scenes. It's frustrating when McVay says he's optimistic that Donald will play Sunday but then there are reports from Florio that a deal is not even close.
That's McVay probably just calling the glass half full. I'd imagine he's tired of the situation and damn tired of fielding questions about it with his rookie season as HC on the horizon.

Ain't nobody got time for that!!!!!

View: https://youtu.be/zGxwbhkDjZM

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think it is shocking that Chris is responding to the Charlottesville incident by cultural appropriation. But if he wants to identify as Chris Ling, well, so be it.

Well he is a forgotten man.

---Interesting thought though is he in Aaron Donald's ear at all ?

EasyE

Starter
still at the crib.....

IMG_0656.JPG

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
It may be time for McVay to ban the utterance of the name AD around the team. As of right now, he does not exist in any gameplan. The Rams have to concentrate on their opponents. The team has to move on without him. I'm at the point now that I just don't care. It's a shame because I think this is at the tipping point of ruining AD's career. I think what AD's agent is trying to pull off is probably not received well from ANY team. That alone diminishes AD's value to others. Most teams will not even consider the cost, especially if AD is not willing to play without this new "magic" deal in place. It's time to not cut AD a check each week. He's under contract. He's a no-show. No money deserved at this point. Future FAs decision to come to the Rams won't be affected. Most players realize to get paid you have to show up. Sign a deal, live by it. It'd be much different if AD was a FA. He'd be getting paid by somebody. Now, in the future, who knows. He could be a rusty 30 yr old.
I'm sure he is getting a loan from his agent. To be paid back upon a contract signing.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
That may happen(50), with all the pages .
That is the beauty of the 3-4 as well. Chris Ling is playing LBer again like his college days at the V !! Quinn gets his chance to play the position. He is a total secret weapon.
IF I remember correctly, Leonard Little was bounced around a bit as a OLB too!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's hope that Tanzel Smart has the game of his life and the Rams hang a 40 burger on the Colts. That would ratchet things up for AD....