The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have to believe the Rams have offered AD to be the highest paid defensive player with the most guaranteed money. If they have done that, then there's nothing more they can do.

And there's nothing more that they should do. If AD wants a 4 year contract (or 3 as is being reported), why would the Rams do that? We have him for the next 4 years. It's just common sense. Why would you pay someone more for the same amount of years?

This could last weeks, and in my mind AD is no longer a Ram because I'm not sure how this gets resolved.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
kmWbdvv.gif

…..

Legend
Not me

still waiting to hear, Donald signs....somewhere instead of

Donald holdout continues....

Case by case basis (y)

I'm really just referring to us here at ROD. It seems there is a changing in the tone when discussing this show down between team/player/agent. And thats ok, preople are getting restless. Its GO time!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
This was part of the reason in hiring McVay I think. At least this is what I have told myself.
Someone who can steer the ship for 15 + years. How the Steelers do it.
Develop your style of play and you can draft "your" guys. It's why Pittsburgh is so adept at finding, for example, OLB and O lineman. They are looking for guys that fit their systems. They have that dialed in.
The thing of changing direction every two or three years really stifles potential success.

Since 2008 they had 3 average years (9-7 and two 8-8s) where their older players left/retired while they were developing new ones. A similar pattern occurred with Bill Cowher.

Why Pittsburgh works is they don't fire their coaches (head or assistant) every other year, rather like you said, they find guys that fit their system. For example, Jarvis Jones was a first round pick thought to replace James Harrison. Jarvis couldn't make it in the league and gone after his rookie contract.

For the Rams to be like them, they must stay the course this go-around. Draft players. Develop them, if they can't, find a new player, not a new coach.

My thoughts are it is close to happening. Is he in LA area ? The Rams are off today.

I thought if it were to happen this week, it would've been yesterday. If it's gonna happen in the immediate future, it will be next Tuesday. If not then, well who know then.

Hey, look, 35 pages and AD isn't signed...we won!

Let's up the ante and go for 50 pages or he gets signed.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bell signed and ended his holdout (I guess last Friday). C'mon AD! Join the party!

fearsomefour

Legend
Since 2008 they had 3 average years (9-7 and two 8-8s) where their older players left/retired while they were developing new ones. A similar pattern occurred with Bill Cowher.

Why Pittsburgh works is they don't fire their coaches (head or assistant) every other year, rather like you said, they find guys that fit their system. For example, Jarvis Jones was a first round pick thought to replace James Harrison. Jarvis couldn't make it in the league and gone after his rookie contract.

For the Rams to be like them, they must stay the course this go-around. Draft players. Develop them, if they can't, find a new player, not a new coach.

I thought if it were to happen this week, it would've been yesterday. If it's gonna happen in the immediate future, it will be next Tuesday. If not then, well who know then.

Exactly my thoughts.
Pittsburgh stays the course.
Of course, finding HOF QB play helps as well.
High round draft picks are going to bust for everyone. But, they have been adept at finding players. They also tend to not overpay to keep guys.
A case in point of being able to prepare for the future with your roster. They drafted a RB this year. Why? They have arguably the best RB in football. Bell had had injuries and is going to want a raise. Worst case they are prepared for Bell leaving. Best case, Bell is healthy and stays and they have great depth.
Hard to do this when the roster is turning over constantly because new coaches need guys that fit their system.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They are trying not to, ... reports are the Rams have made substantial offers which have been refused. The rams did Austin better than deserved and have in the past re-negotiated with players prior to their contracts coming up for renewal, so I don't see any future hit with free agent players who are getting prepared to sign lucrative contracts of their own. Donald is one of those rare cases, last time I recall it happening to the Rams was with Orlando Pace, and the team finally got that squared away.
Tell me if you think I'm wrong! I say it's about time someone "Leaked" the specific's of these Contract Offer's! This has gone on long enough! The Fans have a right to know just WTF has been going on!(y):coffee:
ANYONE FEEL THE SAME WAY!!?!:shocking:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't buy into the trade AD way of thinking. It's a lose situation for the Rams. There is no way they get equal value. The other team knows what they are getting in AD. They won't trade their best player who probably is not as good a player as AD. They will probably trade a good player and some draft picks. We all know that draft picks are a crap shoot. So how can they even come close to equal value. Sit it out
I really don't want to say " Trade Him" or "Don't Trade Him" BUT!!! WHAT IF a rumor got out, and went viral! That the Rams where about to close a trade deal that would send Donald to, say, The Brown's! Do you think Donald would all-of-a-sudden show up in camp!?!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I really don't want to say " Trade Him" or "Don't Trade Him" BUT!!! WHAT IF a rumor got out, and went viral! That the Rams where about to close a trade deal that would send Donald to, say, The Brown's! Do you think Donald would all-of-a-sudden show up in camp!?!

The Browns are better then they get credit. That defense would be nasty with Donald. Send him to the jets. They're a shit show all around.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The Browns are better then they get credit. That defense would be nasty with Donald. Send him to the jets. They're a crap show all around.
I was thinking of saying " ..Brown's or Jets .." But the J-E-T-S have a better, side-money market then Cleveland!(y);):LOL::D

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

That may happen(50), with all the pages .
That is the beauty of the 3-4 as well. Chris Ling is playing LBer again like his college days at the V !! Quinn gets his chance to play the position. He is a total secret weapon.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
The Browns are better then they get credit. That defense would be nasty with Donald. Send him to the jets. They're a crap show all around.
Not really,
The Jets Dline is top ten maybe Top 5
They don't "need" AD
I get your point though

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If he doesn't report by Thursday - and it becomes obvious he is going to miss game 1 - I would expect the contract offers to leak out. Then we will know who we should be more pissed off at.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Can't fucking stay in a groove at work if I'm logging on to ROD every 10 minutes to see if AD signed. I've said this more than once, we need ROD text alerts!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
That may happen(50), with all the pages .
That is the beauty of the 3-4 as well. Chris Ling is playing LBer again like his college days at the V !! Quinn gets his chance to play the position. He is a total secret weapon.

I think it is shocking that Chris is responding to the Charlottesville incident by cultural appropriation. But if he wants to identify as Chris Ling, well, so be it.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I love my Shiba Inu, but why was this one trained to push things on the guys nipples? Just weird, why not on a board or something.
Well, I'd guess the questions start with the guy. The first red flag is putting those things on his nipples. Somebody should've pulled the emergency stop on the crazy train right there! :dizzy:

Edit: I hope those nipple things are the only thing that guy has trained the poor dog to speed bag...:boxing:

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Scenarios about Colts Game.
Rams Win: Does it put Pressure on Donald since he obviously wasn't needed?
Rams Lose: Does it put Pressure on the Rams to get him to show up?

Doesn't matter. Rams will stand their ground because they have more leverage.
Or Donald continues to hold out because he doesn't give a care about wins or losses.