The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Don't think they would fly to Atlanta if a deal wasn't close to being done.

Just hope it's not a deal that limits us in 3-4 years.
Maybe they just wanted to give Donald's rep the finger in person! :yess::rolllaugh:

nanotech

Rookie
Rams are working it. I would say relax and be optimistic.
nervous.jpg

I am relaxed. Can't you tell?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Don't think they would fly to Atlanta if a deal wasn't close to being done.

I'm hopeful but it could also have been a last ditch effort

Like you, I hope this deal doesn't limit us either. But with the way things are heading moneywise, Donald is probably going to end up being The highest paid defensive player. Unfortunately, it is that the Rams expense due to the increase of salary over the past few seasons. Keep in mind, these contracts are only going to get more expensive over time.

The cap is going up a lot over the next few years so the structure of the deal as far as number of years is what the Rams need to use in their favor. If he's getting 85MIL in guaranteed cheddar it needs to be a long deal.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Relax and be optimistic...That is what my doctor said before my prostate exam!

You're lucky. Mine said, "oh, yeah, this is happening baby, and, yes, I am using my whole hand. You just can't grab onto shit with a thumb"

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pissed that Donald still isn't here, but I don't respect him any less and understand why he's doing what he's doing. But yea, I'm still pissed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm ticked that Donald still isn't here, but I don't respect him any less and understand why he's doing what he's doing. But yea, I'm still ticked.

I think it gets signed after the 53 so The Rams know what there cap space is. Aaron Donald is squeezing it all out of The Rams.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's time to play hardball, Rams..release the details of the deal you offered Donald.....Things will get nastier, but at this point, I don't give a cr@p.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
For the same reason I was bitter at Orlando Pace, I now find myself even more so at Donald. He gets drafted, signs a 4 year deal with a 5th year team option. Gets a high guarantee, then after 3 years he wants a new monster deal going into a system that we are unsure if he will fit.

I know I'll catch some flak here, but I say trade him. Give him to a 4-3 team and build through the draft.

If he came in and played like shit I bet he would still want guaranteed money.

There is zero chance, that if I ran an organization that I would give into this. I would let his ass sit out. Don't get paid, miss those 8 games and lose the season, we will do over next year and the year after. Fact is, we have all the leverage. We don't need him to win games, he just helps like the next guy. We don't win for shit anyway, no other team in the league has his talents and yet they all tend to win more than us.

See ya as far as I'm concerned.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Most money guaranteed while alledgedly making him the highest paid defensive player in history and they're not even close? Where's a deacon head slap when you need one?