The official Aaron Donald holdout thread - #Questfor100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Couple of points the holdout.

First, Donald will report for at least 8 games in 2017 and 2018 to secure his free agency. He has to do that, period. Also he will be planning to play real well in those games.

Second his agent is pretty creative. I think that this year is actually when AD has the most leverage in this rookie contract. Primarily because it's so much lest costly year for him to give up 2017 game checks than the checks in 2018.

And finally, the rams have been a pretty generous team. I expect they have made a solid offer for a GOAT lineman albeit with 2 years left in his rookie deal. However, I think his agent is looking for a "game changing" contract in spite of having so little real leverage.
Correct about the next two years though that leads him to the franchise tag more than free agency.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Correct about the next two years though that leads him to the franchise tag more than free agency.

The other thing - IF I am not mistaken - is that if he doesn't report next year by the August deadline, he will lose a year of credit toward free agency per the CBA. So, if I'm right about this, I can see him sitting out games this year, but if the deal is not resolved by this time next year he'll either be in camp or be sacrificing another year of free agency.

Anyone who knows more about this, feel free to chime in.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Rams working on secret deal to trade AD to the Steelers for 2 first rounders, an o-lineman, and the rights to have Kevin Greene and The Bus sign one day contracts and retire in hooooorrnnns!!

Those were Anaheim guys. The start of a downfall.
This a whole new season & Aaron Donald is one of those HOF guys you don't trade away.
ED & Jakie both held out as well .

Ram65

Legend
The other thing - IF I am not mistaken - is that if he doesn't report next year by the August deadline, he will lose a year of credit toward free agency per the CBA. So, if I'm right about this, I can see him sitting out games this year, but if the deal is not resolved by this time next year he'll either be in camp or be sacrificing another year of free agency.

Anyone who knows more about this, feel free to chime in.

He has to be on the roster for six games this year to count as a full year toward free agency.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
He has to be on the roster for six games this year to count as a full year toward free agency.

Is that still the rule? I thought that changed under the new CBA .... not that it matters in AD's situation - a deal is GOING to get done - question is when or who blinks first.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Those were Anaheim guys. The start of a downfall.
This a whole new season & Aaron Donald is one of those HOF guys you don't trade away.
ED & Jakie both held out as well .
Note the blue font. I am with you. I will puke if the Donald deal doesn't get done.

Ram65

Legend
Is that still the rule? I thought that changed under the new CBA .... not that it matters in AD's situation - a deal is GOING to get done - question is when or who blinks first.

Yes I posted a link recently.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Does Donald have to actually "play" six games or just be available to play for six games?

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
IDK Rams fans but this AD thing really grinds my gears. I get that you want what you deserve and you're gonna get it but to hold out? and another thing, JG, you give me a small ass sample in game 1, a tasty little morsel in game 2 then you shit all over the stage on game three. what am I to expect from my presumptive franchise QB? This too really grinds my gears!

TBH i'm not sure which one pisses me off more.

thanks for allowing me to vent.
upload_2017-8-31_14-26-10.png

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every time I see there's a new post in this thread, I open it up hoping that THIS will the one announcing he signed his new deal....

…..

Legend
Every time I see there's a new post in this thread, I open it up hoping that THIS will the one announcing he signed his new deal....

This isnt the post announcing his new deal.....

But I heard he was packing an overnight bag!

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
This isnt the post announcing his new deal.....

But I heard he was packing an overnight bag!

Blue font. Is he really packing an overnight bag or sarcasm? Because that's good news if he is.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
AD IS SIGNED!!! Will be the title of a couple threads before it makes its way here.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If you're referring to other NFL players working at their craft, I'll bet there are damn few, if any, that do. If there was any way to actually measure and verify such a bet, I'd be willing to lay some serious money on it.
Very few make it to the NFL without working hard. Watching a few clips of Donald working out is not proof of him out working anyone. There are plenty of workout junkies that make it on teams and the Rams have plenty of them.

https://overtimeathletes.com/running-back-workout-3-crucial-tips/

These kind of programs are out there making a ton of money because guys are willing to put in the work. Donald is just one of many.

bluecoconuts

Legend
IDK Rams fans but this AD thing really grinds my gears. I get that you want what you deserve and you're gonna get it but to hold out? and another thing, JG, you give me a small ass sample in game 1, a tasty little morsel in game 2 then you crap all over the stage on game three. what am I to expect from my presumptive franchise QB? This too really grinds my gears!

TBH i'm not sure which one pisses me off more.

thanks for allowing me to vent.View attachment 21267

Poor cropping grinds my gears.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Honestly I don't think he's close getting signed. If he was, why would Snead say ANYTHING like he did this morning? If he was on the cusp I would think it would be very quiet, or a leak saying a deal was near.