LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to do a bunch of ribs, brisket, pulled pork with just rub on them, seal a meal them and freeze them. Then I'd pop them into the oven and finish them off when I wanted a fairly quick meal. Traegers are pretty efficient so even when you're just doing small batches, you will love that thing. They used to build them just up the road from me in Oregon.
I’m super excited from everything I’ve researched about traeger. I’d love some of your tips and tricks you’ve learned over the years

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I’m super excited from everything I’ve researched about traeger. I’d love some of your tips and tricks you’ve learned over the years
Concentrate on flavor with your rubs. The Traeger will put the smoke to the meat at a constant temp. Be careful not to overdo the smoke unless you're into that.

I don't give out my recipes so I would suggest you pick up one of Bobby Flay's BBQ books. I actually took a couple of his recipes and modified them a fair amount to suit my own tastes. But the dude really knows his shit.

If I think about it I'll look to see which one I would recommend.

But flavorless meat with a bunch of smoke is just not my bag and you find that too often with BBQ joints.

Oh... And ALWAYS wrap your brisket after you've gotten enough smoke to it - generally about 5 - 6 hours of smoke is plenty.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Traeger Texas Bold and Spicy is some damn good sauce too.

texasspicy2.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
1620054874558.png
As

Fun little guy. .223 - 22" barrel, bolt action Savage with a Weaver scope. As some of you may know, I load a bunch of .223. So I wanted a bolt action to go with my other shooters in this load. This one is more of a "I don't have this gun yet" buy. I don't have a .223 bolt action; I don't have a gun with a camo stock; I have very few guns with box mags; I don't have any Weaver scopes (besides the one I bought for my son); I have never owned a Savage....

Cant wait to shoot this thing.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Bought a whole house water filter. We have some minor problems with scaling and taste from the faucet. So we went with this. It works great so far. The glass shower doors no longer have spots on them after a shower.
9d0e70ee7ac8--1-86-chrome-with-Heavy-Metals-Label.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Bought a shit ton of sweets. The entirety cost less than $42.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I bought this beauty yesterday. It's what they call a live edge slab. This one is from a walnut tree. You can see from the chalk writing on it that it is basically 42" one way and 37" another. It's also 4"+ thick.

I'm having this made into a table that will sit in front of my fish tank. The deal with these Live Edge slabs is that you keep the uniqueness of the piece preserved. So the table will have the same basic look as you see now. It will be sanded down... but the edges will basically look just like this.

I'm having an ocean blue colored epoxy put into all of the cracks first... it's kind of transparent and it will actually glow in the dark. Then I'm having a thick clear epoxy poured over the whole thing to preserve it all.

I haven't decided on a base yet... but I'm thinking about a tree stump possibly. It's too soon to decide that though.

Here's a couple of shots of the slab now...

IMG_5881.jpg

IMG_5883.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I bought this beauty yesterday. It's what they call a live edge slab. This one is from a walnut tree. You can see from the chalk writing on it that it is basically 42" one way and 37" another. It's also 4"+ thick.

I'm having this made into a table that will sit in front of my fish tank. The deal with these Live Edge slabs is that you keep the uniqueness of the piece preserved. So the table will have the same basic look as you see now. It will be sanded down... but the edges will basically look just like this.

I'm having an ocean blue colored epoxy put into all of the cracks first... it's kind of transparent and it will actually glow in the dark. Then I'm having a thick clear epoxy poured over the whole thing to preserve it all.

I haven't decided on a base yet... but I'm thinking about a tree stump possibly. It's too soon to decide that though.

View attachment 45490

View attachment 45491

I have a live edge slab of a double trunk tree that is drying -- I can't wait for my new coffee table.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
GE Profile™ Opal 2.0 Nugget Ice Maker - XPIO13SCSS - GE Appliances

I bought the GE Opal 2 Pellet Ice Maker. I love sonic ice. So far this thing has been totally worth it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

View attachment 45490

View attachment 45491
My coffee table is a 2 foot by 6 foot 3" slab of a Monterey Cypress. The sides are the natural shape. The highway department was giving them away. My dad loaded a bunch of logs on a trailer and made each one of us kids a table from them.

I also made a bed from rough sawn 10" posts and true 2x12 rough sawn sideboards, head boards and foot boards with 1" hand hammered solid iron pickets. The bed literally weighs 3/4 ton but I made it so it unbolts. Each one of the head posts is 6'6" tall and weighs about 250 pounds. I hand sanded everything with fine sand paper to maintain the circular saw Mark's and finished with 13 coats of shellac. It looks positively medieval.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
My coffee table is a 2 foot by 6 foot 3" slab of a Monterey Cypress. The sides are the natural shape. The highway department was giving them away. My dad loaded a bunch of logs on a trailer and made each one of us kids a table from them.

I also made a bed from rough sawn 10" posts and true 2x12 rough sawn sideboards, head boards and foot boards with 1" hand hammered solid iron pickets. The bed literally weighs 3/4 ton but I made it so it unbolts. Each one of the head posts is 6'6" tall and weighs about 250 pounds. I hand sanded everything with fine sand paper to maintain the circular saw Mark's and finished with 13 coats of shellac. It looks positively medieval.
Pictures?