LEGEND The "Last Thing I Bought" Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I'm a Big Time Cord Cutter.

Got a 20 30 dollar antenna from Amazon for the TV, awesome.

Even if you have cable dish whatever, you tell them you don't need live hometown tv and you get a discount.

Plus nowadays the antenna is better overall. Jmho

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Just got this broomtail wrasse today. Super hard to get. He's about 9".

IMG_20210209_182908_740.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
shopping

Absolutely love this and I don't know why it took me so long to get one. Current cable contract runs out in about 10 months and I'll figure out a streaming service to run with but it'll all run off this. So much fun on it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just got this vase that is designed to grow an avacado pit into a plant. It allows you to see the whole root system while it grows. It reminds me of a mangrove tree with the roots so I had to get it.

My parrot was checking out the box. LOL. I was actually telling him that the damn thing was going to grow a poison plant. Avocados are poisonous to parrots. He actually looks concerned here.

20210301_184238.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I just got this vase that is designed to grow an avacado pit into a plant. It allows you to see the whole root system while it grows. It reminds me of a mangrove tree with the roots so I had to get it.

My parrot was checking out the box. LOL. I was actually telling him that the damn thing was going to grow a poison plant. Avocados are poisonous to parrots. He actually looks concerned here.

View attachment 44031

You've got a smart bird right there.

Anyway, I'm about to get an Amazon card worth $60. I'm buying Let's Go Pikachu with it, if I can - if not, it'll be Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm also waiting for Biomutant to come out (three days after my birthday, in fact) because I've been hyped for that game for almost two fucking years.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Slowly but surely upgrading my home theater setup. I am on a budget but i never buy crap.

I've been using PS3 and PS4 for my blu ray players forever. I watch a ton of physical media(movies and games) and occasional streaming. Of course now that the PS5 is out my PS4 drive/reader is crapping out. Funny how my OG launch PS3 crapped out right when the PS4 came out. [cough]Timely firmware there Sony[cough].

Still, all of my playstation consoles lasted around 7-8 years each with heavy duty usage.

Anyway, i bought the LG UBK90 UHD player a few months back to go with my cheap LG 4K tv. The DVD/Blu ray upscaling is pretty good on this player.

I've had the same AV receiver 5.1 setup for about 15 years. Sony STR K-700. No HDMI and it can't run all the new HD audio codecs. It did the job but time to upgrade.

Going to pickup the Sony AV receiver STRDH-790 on thursday.

Next will be the new speakers combos, and finally...a 65" OLED tv. I swore by the old plasma tv's. Superior picture quality over the LCD's and LED's. I miss my old Samsung.

$$$$

Update: Funny. I go into Best Buy today to check if my receiver was ready for pickup which i ordered a week ago because they were out of stock. Today was the estimated arrival date.

BB girl: "No sorry should arrive tonight for pickup tomorrow."
Me: "No problem, i'll be back then."

I walk over to the shelf. There's one sitting there in stock.
Not quite an exact science yet, this whole shop online thing.

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm not sure when , but at some point , California Creations , started reproducing the Evel Knievil Stunt Cycles, so like 2 or 3 years ago now , I bought one , didn't disappoint

evel5a.jpg

but now

but now I tell ya

They've come out with a Limited Edition Pro Series , an all black version , similar to what Evel rode back in the 60's

plus the bike has been updated , faster , tougher , straighter , and also it comes in Hawkeyes colors , so you know there is no way I could resist

lighter

lighter

ADAC5ABA-818E-4164-BE09-7FF42E75A1E8_1024x1024.jpg

DSC03310-Edit-web-res_1024x1024.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeKg7rCtpkU

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGecl8HzgD4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjoapH10Yw8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJiJJUhs62U

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I bought this special glass vase that is designed to hold an avacado seed above the big water reservoir. The seed will grow into a full tree sitting in this thing. It allows you to see the seed and tree part... as well as the root system all together.

It took me over a month to get the avacado seed to germinate enough for the root to be long enough.... but here it is now in the vase. You can see the root sticking down into the water. The tree part has yet to sprout.

20210403_104442.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I bought this special glass vase that is designed to hold an avacado seed above the big water reservoir. The seed will grow into a full tree sitting in this thing. It allows you to see the seed and tree part... as well as the root system all together.

It took me over a month to get the avacado seed to germinate enough for the root to be long enough.... but here it is now in the vase. You can see the root sticking down into the water. The tree part has yet to sprout.

View attachment 44840

Don't most of these pit grown avocado trees need to be grafted at some point before the tree actually bears fruit ? I'm no expert, and someone advised me of this several year ago. Have you consulted a local nursery or does the glass vase come with instructions about whether future grafting being necessary ?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Don't most of these pit grown avocado trees need to be grafted at some point before the tree actually bears fruit ? I'm no expert, and someone advised me of this several year ago. Have you consulted a local nursery or does the glass vase come with instructions about whether future grafting being necessary ?

According to the book of instructions that comes with it... there is no mention of the need to graft for the tree to bear fruit. It does say that it can take a tree 5 - 10 years before you can expect it to bear fruit though.

The book is fairly thick. It even goes into all the different kinds of avacados. I think the graft part would be included if it was required for fruit.

Several of my friends here in Florida have fruit bearing trees in their yards. I know one of them grew his from a seed he germinated from an avacado he got at the grocery store.

My old neighbor in the Bahamas had a giant avacado tree behind his place. No way in hell was that thing grafted or even given special care. It grew out of an area that he used to bury his trash.

I don't plan on planting this in the ground. I may put it into a big pot and grow it out to give as a gift though. The trees have nice looking leaves.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
@Riverumbbq

Here's the answer... straight from that book. Not sure if I believe it though because that avacado tree in the Bahamas was the only one on the whole island.

20210408_182310.jpg