Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Not a Dodgers post, but Chris Duncan passed away from brain cancer at the age of thirty-eight. I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. To make this somewhat Dodgers-related, here's a video of Vin Scully (at least, I think it's Vin Scully) calling one of Dunc's homers.

Sad to learn of his death. He lost his mom a few years ago. I remember as a Cardinal he had a bat but no glove. Made every routine fly ball a nervous time for me watching. I liked him on the radio.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Seager with the three run dong!
‘Bout time Dodger bats wake up this series.

Finish off the day perfect for LA, and miserable for SF. :cool:

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a Dodgers post, but Chris Duncan passed away from brain cancer at the age of thirty-eight. I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. To make this somewhat Dodgers-related, here's a video of Vin Scully (at least, I think it's Vin Scully) calling one of Dunc's homers.

I saw the Cardinals announcement. A sad way to go. Glad Card nation honored him. Didn't like him (as a player) when he played against us, but none of that matters now. RIP buddy.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Secondly, is Mauricio Dubon. A special story. (See below) As he is the first Honduran born and raised to make the majors. (One other guy was born there but came to the states as a baby)

I was at that horrible 1-0 loss on Sat. Dubon had a good game that night. A single and walk, and good with the glove and arm.

Good luck to him, but not his team.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Big congrats! I hope the Cardinals can win the NL Central, for a start.
You don't have to worry. Despite the Colorado series, the Cards'll muscle it through.

With Yellich out, the Brewcrew is done, and the Cubs will be the Cubs

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
But Jesus tapdancing christ. The Dodger pitching staff just can't stay healthy.

After missing all this time, Blister Hill has to leave after 27 pitches with "left knee issues."

Wonderful, just what you want to hear going into Oct. There's always something with this team

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So I open up mlb.com to see the score in the Dodgers and Mets game. The headline reads "Thor on his game vs Dodgers" Look at the box score. Mets 1 run on 1 hit while the Dodgers so far have put up 4 runs in the top of the 4th inning on Thor :D I know other fanbases will laugh but the anti Dodger rhetoric is comical.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
So I open up mlb.com to see the score in the Dodgers and Mets game. The headline reads "Thor on his game vs Dodgers" Look at the box score. Mets 1 run on 1 hit while the Dodgers so far have put up 4 runs in the top of the 4th inning on Thor :D I know other fanbases will laugh but the anti Dodger rhetoric is comical.
As a fan of a flyover country team I understand. So yes a laugh here and a big eye roll. Cable networks have taken the bi-coastal bias to ever higher levels.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Still cracks me up again today. Headline is "Rajai comes up clutch after DeGrom dominates". Rajai definitely did after 2 different relievers hit batters in the bottom of the 8th. What's funny is no mention of Ryu who was also dominant :D Oh well can't complain too much Ryu bounced back nicely on the road with 7 shutout 2 hit innings and 6 k's no walks.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Was good to see Ryu get back on his game. He had a couple rough outings before that. He was not 100 percent health wise. They still need to get him his starts before the playoffs but maybe limit his innings more. The offense let him down yesterday.

3 game lead on the Braves with 12 to go. If they go 7-5 over that last stretch the Braves would have to go 10-2 to tie them. Still advantage Dodgers. Home field is crucial as they play much better at home. 56-20 at home compared to 40-34 on the road.

Still several teams battling for those two wild card spots. That race should get interesting. Nationals have the inside track for one. Cubs, Brewers, Mets and Phillies are all within about 3 games of each other.

Cubs are 3 games back of the Cardinals for the division. And they still have 7 games against each other. That should be interesting. Cardinals have a tougher schedule. All their remaining games are against teams with winning records. Aside from the 7 with the Cardinals the Cubs have the Pirates and Reds on the schedule. Both teams are under .500 against teams with winning records.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Cubs are 3 games back of the Cardinals for the division. And they still have 7 games against each other. That should be interesting. Cardinals have a tougher schedule. All their remaining games are against teams with winning records. Aside from the 7 with the Cardinals the Cubs have the Pirates and Reds on the schedule. Both teams are under .500 against teams with winning records.

Cardinals bats are running hot and cold of late. I like their chances with 4 in Chicago and 3 in St. Louis. Best to go into the playoffs on a high than limping in.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Any combination of 2 Dodger wins and/or 2 Braves losses give them home field throughout the NL playoffs. Looks like they won't have home field if they make it to the World Series. Yankees and Astros both look to have the edge there. Astros are going to be tough with those 3 starters. Still hoping for a Yankees/Dodgers World Series.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Dodgers at 104 wins! Hope they finish with 105.

My boy Webb pitching for the Gigantes. I want him and my guy Dubon to do well. Then have the Dodgers blow ‘em out Sunday to head into the playoffs with momentum and 105 wins, tying the 1953 team for best Dodger record ever. I’m torn guys. Sorry.

I’ll take the Dodgers beating Logan tomorrow and go for the record of 106 only if it’s a 1-0 pitchers duel and Ryu wins. :sneaky:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like the Dodgers are setting up their post season rotation to be Beuhler, Ryu and Kershaw for games 1-3. Makes sense those first two have been much much better at home and that leaves Kershaw for the first road game. I'd bet Hill goes game 4 but we have Stripling, Maeda and Gonsolin possibly in long relief for any game.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Dodgers at 104 wins! Hope they finish with 105.

My boy Webb pitching for the Gigantes. I want him and my guy Dubon to do well. Then have the Dodgers blow ‘em out Sunday to head into the playoffs with momentum and 105 wins, tying the 1953 team for best Dodger record ever. I’m torn guys. Sorry.

I’ll take the Dodgers beating Logan tomorrow and go for the record of 106 only if it’s a 1-0 pitchers duel and Ryu wins. :sneaky:
We're gonna have to tweak this a bit because if there's one thing everybody knows about is I hate losing to the giants.

How bout the Dodgers don't hit Webb today and Dubon goes 4 for 4, flashing leather at 2B, the Dodgers get to the giant bullpen and win it. That's fair, right?

Then we knock Bumgarner out in the first on Sunday, scoring 17 earned, then go on to win #106. Dubon can even hit for the cycle.

Also fair. And reasonable.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
We're gonna have to tweak this a bit because if there's one thing everybody knows about is I hate losing to the giants.

How bout the Dodgers don't hit Webb today and Dubon goes 4 for 4, flashing leather at 2B, the Dodgers get to the giant bullpen and win it. That's fair, right?

Then we knock Bumgarner out in the first on Sunday, scoring 17 earned, then go on to win #106. Dubon can even hit for the cycle.

Also fair. And reasonable.
I'll take that scenario, my good man!

Go Dodgers!