Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Starter
Dec 15, 2018
Not a Dodgers post, but Chris Duncan passed away from brain cancer at the age of thirty-eight. I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. To make this somewhat Dodgers-related, here's a video of Vin Scully (at least, I think it's Vin Scully) calling one of Dunc's homers.

Sad to learn of his death. He lost his mom a few years ago. I remember as a Cardinal he had a bat but no glove. Made every routine fly ball a nervous time for me watching. I liked him on the radio.

Reactions: Memento

IE Rams

Rookie
Dec 30, 2018
Not a Dodgers post, but Chris Duncan passed away from brain cancer at the age of thirty-eight. I'm absolutely heartbroken right now. To make this somewhat Dodgers-related, here's a video of Vin Scully (at least, I think it's Vin Scully) calling one of Dunc's homers.

I saw the Cardinals announcement. A sad way to go. Glad Card nation honored him. Didn't like him (as a player) when he played against us, but none of that matters now. RIP buddy.

Reactions: Memento

IE Rams

Rookie
Dec 30, 2018
Secondly, is Mauricio Dubon. A special story. (See below) As he is the first Honduran born and raised to make the majors. (One other guy was born there but came to the states as a baby)
I was at that horrible 1-0 loss on Sat. Dubon had a good game that night. A single and walk, and good with the glove and arm.

Good luck to him, but not his team.

• Cheers
Reactions: Farr Be It

IE Rams

Rookie
Dec 30, 2018
Big congrats! I hope the Cardinals can win the NL Central, for a start.
You don't have to worry. Despite the Colorado series, the Cards'll muscle it through.

With Yellich out, the Brewcrew is done, and the Cubs will be the Cubs

Reactions: coconut

IE Rams

Rookie
Dec 30, 2018
But Jesus tapdancing christ. The Dodger pitching staff just can't stay healthy.

After missing all this time, Blister Hill has to leave after 27 pitches with "left knee issues."

Wonderful, just what you want to hear going into Oct. There's always something with this team

OldSchool

Legend
ROD Credit | 2018 Richest Member
Nov 3, 2013
So I open up mlb.com to see the score in the Dodgers and Mets game. The headline reads "Thor on his game vs Dodgers" Look at the box score. Mets 1 run on 1 hit while the Dodgers so far have put up 4 runs in the top of the 4th inning on Thor :D I know other fanbases will laugh but the anti Dodger rhetoric is comical.

coconut

Starter
Dec 15, 2018
So I open up mlb.com to see the score in the Dodgers and Mets game. The headline reads "Thor on his game vs Dodgers" Look at the box score. Mets 1 run on 1 hit while the Dodgers so far have put up 4 runs in the top of the 4th inning on Thor :D I know other fanbases will laugh but the anti Dodger rhetoric is comical.
As a fan of a flyover country team I understand. So yes a laugh here and a big eye roll. Cable networks have taken the bi-coastal bias to ever higher levels.

OldSchool

Legend
ROD Credit | 2018 Richest Member
Nov 3, 2013
Still cracks me up again today. Headline is "Rajai comes up clutch after DeGrom dominates". Rajai definitely did after 2 different relievers hit batters in the bottom of the 8th. What's funny is no mention of Ryu who was also dominant :D Oh well can't complain too much Ryu bounced back nicely on the road with 7 shutout 2 hit innings and 6 k's no walks.

snackdaddy

Hall of Fame
May 6, 2014
Was good to see Ryu get back on his game. He had a couple rough outings before that. He was not 100 percent health wise. They still need to get him his starts before the playoffs but maybe limit his innings more. The offense let him down yesterday.

3 game lead on the Braves with 12 to go. If they go 7-5 over that last stretch the Braves would have to go 10-2 to tie them. Still advantage Dodgers. Home field is crucial as they play much better at home. 56-20 at home compared to 40-34 on the road.

Still several teams battling for those two wild card spots. That race should get interesting. Nationals have the inside track for one. Cubs, Brewers, Mets and Phillies are all within about 3 games of each other.

Cubs are 3 games back of the Cardinals for the division. And they still have 7 games against each other. That should be interesting. Cardinals have a tougher schedule. All their remaining games are against teams with winning records. Aside from the 7 with the Cardinals the Cubs have the Pirates and Reds on the schedule. Both teams are under .500 against teams with winning records.

Reactions: OldSchool

coconut

Starter
Dec 15, 2018
Cubs are 3 games back of the Cardinals for the division. And they still have 7 games against each other. That should be interesting. Cardinals have a tougher schedule. All their remaining games are against teams with winning records. Aside from the 7 with the Cardinals the Cubs have the Pirates and Reds on the schedule. Both teams are under .500 against teams with winning records.
Cardinals bats are running hot and cold of late. I like their chances with 4 in Chicago and 3 in St. Louis. Best to go into the playoffs on a high than limping in.

At Browns

Donate to ROD

Total amount
$85.00
Goal
$175.00
Shoutbox
  1. DR RAM @ DR RAM: Pretty crappy game
  2. RhodyRams @ RhodyRams: having trouble posting instagram pic..not allowed?
  3. CGI_Ram @ CGI_Ram: Donald gonna break Newton in half today...
  4. Dagonet @ Dagonet: Got that right my friend. Cheers!
  5. CGI_Ram @ CGI_Ram: It feels like Christmas Eve as a kid!
  6. RhodyRams @ RhodyRams: The 1st Predict The Score thread has been posted !!!!
  7. CGI_Ram @ CGI_Ram: Its soon...
  8. Dagonet @ Dagonet: Love the new layout guys. Still navigating it but it's damn good so far. Thanks.
  9. @ ROD-BOT: Rams defeat Broncos 10-6 in preseason thriller