Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Fresh Prince has announced his presence with authority.

Supposedly he's not even the best Dodger catching prospect. At the start of the season at least Ruiz was considered #1, though it's hard to ignore what Will Smith has shown.

With Lux nearly ready, and a pair of top catching prospects, and Verdugo doing well, and a few others getting close - it's amazing how the Dodgers minors have become a pipeline despite prospects being traded for immediate help and losing picks because of signings, AND drafting late every year.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Supposedly he's not even the best Dodger catching prospect. At the start of the season at least Ruiz was considered #1, though it's hard to ignore what Will Smith has shown.

With Lux nearly ready, and a pair of top catching prospects, and Verdugo doing well, and a few others getting close - it's amazing how the Dodgers minors have become a pipeline despite prospects being traded for immediate help and losing picks because of signings, AND drafting late every year.
Two words, Andrew Friedman.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, and I didn't realize - Austin Barnes had an option left, and has been demoted. Will Smith is the official starting catcher for the Dodgers now - and that was before his great game today.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Oh, and I didn't realize - Austin Barnes had an option left, and has been demoted. Will Smith is the official starting catcher for the Dodgers now - and that was before his great game today.

legendofbaggervance1.jpg

From caddy to catcher? Doesn't usually work that way.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Kelly is starting to finally come around. Was pretty good the previous few weeks leading up to the All Star game. But yeah, they gotta do something before the deadline. Its hard to win in October if your bullpen is weak. I expect at least a couple moves to shore up the bullpen in the next couple weeks.
I was thinking the same thing, until yesterday.
He struggled mightily.

Ironically, he still pitched well in Boston

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The farm system is pulling its weight.
Verdugo has been exceptional. One of the toughest guys to strike out in all of baseball.

Belly has to MVP. If he keeps it up, no way he should lose

Seager has been a bit of a downer. Hopefully he finds his groove heading down the stretch. It's tough sitting out an entire year.

I dont get to see as many games as I would like. I dont have the Prime available to me and its hit and miss on Kodi.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The farm system is pulling its weight.
Verdugo has been exceptional. One of the toughest guys to strike out in all of baseball.

Belly has to MVP. If he keeps it up, no way he should lose

Seager has been a bit of a downer. Hopefully he finds his groove heading down the stretch. It's tough sitting out an entire year.

I dont get to see as many games as I would like. I dont have the Prime available to me and its hit and miss on Kodi.

I stream the games on Reddit. Dodgers losing to the Nationals 3-1 in the 6th. Reddit has several streaming options for each game.

As far as Seager, if he can stay on the field I think he'll be fine. He started the season slow, then he was starting the find his groove. Upped his batting average from low 200's to upper 200's. Then he goes down again. Its hard to find that groove when your progress is interrupted like that. I hope he can stay healthy the rest of the way. It'll give him a chance to gain some consistency.

I'm really hoping they can make the trade for Pirates reliever Felipe Vasquez. That would give them 3 solid guys for the late innings with him Jansen and Baez. If Kelly finally comes around and plays like the playoff Kelly, I would think that could transform what was a weak link into a strength.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I stream the games on Reddit. Dodgers losing to the Nationals 3-1 in the 6th. Reddit has several streaming options for each game.

As far as Seager, if he can stay on the field I think he'll be fine. He started the season slow, then he was starting the find his groove. Upped his batting average from low 200's to upper 200's. Then he goes down again. Its hard to find that groove when your progress is interrupted like that. I hope he can stay healthy the rest of the way. It'll give him a chance to gain some consistency.

I'm really hoping they can make the trade for Pirates reliever Felipe Vasquez. That would give them 3 solid guys for the late innings with him Jansen and Baez. If Kelly finally comes around and plays like the playoff Kelly, I would think that could transform what was a weak link into a strength.
I think there is the possibility of Maeda going back to the pen in the postseason.
Hes proven his value as a starter and reliever.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think there is the possibility of Maeda going back to the pen in the postseason.
Hes proven his value as a starter and reliever.

Maybe sooner than the postseason. There's a rumor that they'll trade for Marcus Stromanand move Maeda to the bullpen in August

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Maybe sooner than the postseason. There's a rumor that they'll trade for Marcus Stromanand move Maeda to the bullpen in August

Stroman's out now. He's headed to the Mets. But yeah, I heard they're looking at a couple different options. Look for quality bullpen help or find a starter and move Maeda to the pen. He's had success there.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's almost a shame Will Smith came up so early. Too late to win ROY this year and he won't be qualified next year if he's up the rest of the year like he should be.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fresh Prince getting jiggy with it tonight. He may look like a teenager but he plays like a grizzled vet.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People criticize the Dodgers for not making a big move at the trade deadline, but I think promoting Smith should count. He won't stay this hot, but he'll still be a big improvement.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two more big prospects called up today! Our #2 prospect Dustin May is making his major league debut tonight wearing the vaunted #85 jersey. Also our #6 prospect Tony Gonsolin is making another trip to the show likely to come out of the bullpen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was at the game last night.
Gonsolin was great.

Watching Martin play 3rd was fun. Watching him line up in the 6 hole, with the shift on and pull off a double play was epic.

Seager was stinging the ball, but it didnt show on the stat sheet

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Congrats Dodgers fans on spanking my birds.:banghead: