Talkin Dodger baseball

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their magic number is 27 now - in early August.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their magic number is 27 now - in early August.

I'm sorry, I must have mistyped that. After today's win over the Dbacks, the magic number is actually 25. They could conceivably clinch the division in August.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, the Cardinals swept the Pirates. Their bullpen paid the price for hitting our guys (Munoz getting plunked was clearly intentional) when Lane Thomas - a guy who was in Single A a mere two years ago - hit a nice grand slam.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Will Smith is still at it. He's now played 25 games, and hit his 10th hr last night. He's batting .329, with a .404 OBP and .829 slugging. And he was considered the Dodgers 2nd best catching prospect. Oh, and the Dodgers won again, against the East leading Braves.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Reds outfielder Aristides Aquino has hit 11 home runs in his first 58 plate appearances. Thats second to Mike Schmidt at 56 plate appearances. The kid looks legit for now but we'll see how legit after they build a book on him. An incredible start to his MLB career.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
With the Dodger fans here I'm surprised no responses in this thread. Dodgers sitting pretty going for their 7th straight division title. 14.5 games in front. Bellinger's a legit MVP candidate. Muncy following last year's surprise with another solid season. Ryu's a Cy Young candidate.

Seager's been battling injuries but he's back now. Before he went on the DL he was starting to hit like his rookie year after a slow start. We'll see how long it takes for him to find his groove again.

The only question remains now, if they don't finally win the World Series would the season be considered a failure? You gotta think if they get there enough times the ball finally bounces their way sooner or later.
I have DirecTV which doesn't get the Dodger games here in LA. Close to two-thirds of the LA market does not get Dodger games on TV. That's why I can give a rat's ass about the Dodgers. WE didn't even experience the joy of listening to the great Vin Scully his last four seasons before he retired. That's gratitude. Now I cheer for all teams playing against them. Hope they lose in the WS again. And don't tell me to switch to Spectrum. Won't give up my Sunday Ticket as I like to watch Rams divisional opponents so I can cheer for the other teams. The Dodgers can suck eggs.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats Dodgers fans on spanking my birds.:banghead:
Payback for sweeping us in StL earlier in the season. Don't worry. I think the Cards take the Central. They're the only team that scares me in the NL playoffs.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
The most important thing the manager does is keep harmony in the clubhouse. He has a clubhouse where there is a ton of platooning and position changes and players routinely being pinch hit for, and yet I'm not aware of any ego problems. . . .

Yup. Cuz they traded Puig away. Everything I heard about him is clubhouse drama queen.

Once Puig admitted he didn't work hard while in LA, and now that this is his contract year, he's gonna bust his ass, then Roberts saying the clubhouse is more professional this year says it all.

Glad he's gone

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I'm sorry, I must have mistyped that. After today's win over the Dbacks, the magic number is actually 25. They could conceivably clinch the division in August.
8 days later, it’s down to 19 even while losing 3 of the last 4. Not sure how I feel about this. I guess they could clinch in August, but then we need to deal with any post-clinch urgency issues.

Could go both ways though with the Yankees and Dodgers having the same records as of today, and how important home field is for Los Doyers, especially Ryu and Buehler.

The masochist has in me sorta hopes they go into a little funk, then battle their way out of it with a sense of urgency just in time for the playoffs. Call me nuts; you wouldn’t be the first :p

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
The most important thing the manager does is keep harmony in the clubhouse. He has a clubhouse where there is a ton of platooning and position changes and players routinely being pinch hit for, and yet I'm not aware of any ego problems. That is rare and hard to do.
I hope the Dodgers lose every game for not allowing DirecTV to televise the games for the last 5 years. I hope their playoff opponents smack them around for their total disregard for almost two-thirds of their fan base. Criminal, that's what it is.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I hope the Dodgers lose every game for not allowing DirecTV to televise the games for the last 5 years. I hope their playoff opponents smack them around for their total disregard for almost two-thirds of their fan base. Criminal, that's what it is.

I think you're directing your anger towards the wrong entity. I don't know how much the Dodgers executives have to do with it, but the station that owns the rights are the problem. I don't get Rams games in my area but I don't hold it against the Rams. There's other factors in play. So I just stream them if they're not the game of the week here. But hey, that's just me.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Had a small bet on the game with a guy from work. He was starting to gloat at the end of the 8th.:ROFLMAO:
Dodgers are clicking pretty good, right now. Hopefully they are hungry to get over the hump this year.

They need to do their part as the Rams make it a two-fer this year.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodgers are clicking pretty good, right now. Hopefully they are hungry to get over the hump this year.

They need to do their part as the Rams make it a two-fer this year.
Hopefully the Rams don't make it the same kind of two-fer that the Dodgers pulled last year. It's time for both to win it all.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big series with the Yankees starting tonight. The Yankees have the best AL record. I want the Dodgers to have HFA if they make it to the Series

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Jesus. The only thing uglier than the Doyers loss last night were the hideous uniforms all the teams are wearing. Absolutely uckin fugly. MLB and their marketing whores :cautious: