T. Lewis is looking like he might just be a steal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I don’t recall ever seeing a post on here saying, “he sucks.” EVERYBODY knew he flashed when he actually played.

Let’s just keep our fingers crossed...and maybe his knees will hold up and be able to handle hoisting the Lombardi trophy over his head in February.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don’t recall ever seeing a post on here saying, “he sucks.” EVERYBODY knew he flashed when he actually played.

Let’s just keep our fingers crossed...and maybe his knees will hold up and be able to handle hoisting the Lombardi trophy over his head in February.

i saw plenty of posts saying to cut him in preseason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
i saw plenty of posts saying to cut him in preseason.

Not because he people felt that he was a poor player. It was all about the injury. He didn’t play in OTA’s, he didn’t play in training camp. He didn’t do full practices. That makes it appear that he is very fragile. Nobody expected that he could play 30-40 snaps a game. It could all come crashing down with a bit of swelling.

It’s tough to carry two injured guys on a roster at a position that is thin.

Everybody knew in the summer that Terrell Lewis is a first round talent.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
He played another nice game today. So did Oko for that matter. Our edge group as a whole looked menacing and brought the heat all day. Giants OL is shitty but still if you're good then you're gonna show up vs bad lines and they did.

Gotta say that I was about to give up all faith on Oko when that stinger shit was going on. But it sure is nice to see him out there doing his thing.

The edge group at this point is all about trying to keep them healthy. If the Rams can do that I think this room can get 'er done. Wasn't of that mind prior to the season for the record but happy with how they are playing. :thumbsup1:
Agreed. Question marks don't always mean a negative.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
It's been a while since our OLB's looked good gettin off da bus. Man o man.... TL.... stay healthy, bro.
Obo plays like a tiger, so low & fast... great change-up that an LT would have trouble adjusting to.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Not because he people felt that he was a poor player. It was all about the injury. He didn’t play in OTA’s, he didn’t play in training camp. He didn’t do full practices. That makes it appear that he is very fragile. Nobody expected that he could play 30-40 snaps a game. It could all come crashing down with a bit of swelling.

It’s tough to carry two injured guys on a roster at a position that is thin.

Everybody knew in the summer that Terrell Lewis is a first round talent.
You have to remember how much McVay protects players. A lot of not playing in camp was making sure Lewis and others could play when it counts, which is now. (Look at DJax. He’s saving DJax even more for big games and playoffs.)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This team is explosive as hell but I also sort of feel like we're sitting on a pile of timebombs. :bomb:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
You have to remember how much McVay protects players. A lot of not playing in camp was making sure Lewis and others could play when it counts, which is now. (Look at DJax. He’s saving DJax even more for big games and playoffs.)
Yeah but it’s not like Lewis is 35. Maybe I gun shy after the Gurley thing. Talk about wind out of the sails.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I expect the knee to be a problem at some point this year. If he hasn't broke down by the time Hollis comes back, I would give Hollis most of his snaps for a while to have him ready for the playoffs.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Referring to the injury risk types we have. Our RBs, OLBs not named Floyd, Kupp who is crucial for the playoffs IMO, and so on. Just seems like a lot this year.

The quality of our depth may be the difference when it's all said and done ...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hasnt been active since the Green Bay game, maybe our secret weapon in the playoffs?

Psycho_X

Legend
Hasnt been active since the Green Bay game, maybe our secret weapon in the playoffs?
Not expecting it, think Miller just made him unnecessary. Maybe keeping wear off that knee in case they need him next year if Miller leaves. With Obo playing ok'ish and Hollins back I just think he's not needed.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Not expecting it, think Miller just made him unnecessary. Maybe keeping wear off that knee in case they need him next year if Miller leaves. With Obo playing ok'ish and Hollins back I just think he's not needed.
I think this is it. Miller plays his position. So Lewis has been squeezed out. He will be very valuable depth if injuries pop up. I've been very pleased with Miller, but found that Lewis made more splash plays. Miller's pass rush has been a disappointment to me. I expected more QB pressures and sacks, especially with Donald eating up double - and sometimes trip - teams. But he's been solid. He's still able to be disruptive and I've like his run support and ability to set the edge. He does all the little things well that don't get noticed. I would not bring him back. It looks clear he's a player on the down-swing. Still useful, but not his old self, and not someone I'd commit to long-term at the money his name carries with it. I don't anticipate he'd take any sort of discount. He might in Denver.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
TLewis we new had injury concerns. It's never a concern of his ability, but health. With that said, I think getting Von has given the staff the ability to rest him for the playoffs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes and hopefully Von is about to go off in the playoffs. I am afraid we are going to need high end DL performance each matchup to survive.