T. Lewis is looking like he might just be a steal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Von have any pressures in the 4th Q/OT??
Floyd? Howard and Reeder?
Gaines is a beast, but his role doesnt fill stat lines, and with Donald seeing doubles/triples theres got to be some pass rush. We could use Lewis (the version that is remotely healthy)

Psycho_X

Legend
Gaines is a beast, but his role doesnt fill stat lines, and with Donald seeing doubles/triples theres got to be some pass rush. We could use Lewis (the version that is remotely healthy)
Miller had the sack that SHOULD have ended the game. Unfortunately we failed to get a first down and then let them drive down and score to end the game. Floyd had his worst game of the season though... as did AD.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Be nice if we could slide him inside as we sure need a size/speed upgrade there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Miller had the sack that SHOULD have ended the game. Unfortunately we failed to get a first down and then let them drive down and score to end the game. Floyd had his worst game of the season though... as did AD.
Again, he was invisible on the next drive. A pin your ears back and go drive. Should have been target practice for them

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That’s true but you did ask if Von had ‘any pressures in the 4th Q/OT’; and the answer is Yes.
Well then show him the tape of the 2 minute drive, sorry I meant the 1 minute 27 second drive, dammit, ask him where he was on the 57 second 88 yard drive

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well then show him the tape of the 2 minute drive, sorry I meant the 1 minute 27 second drive, dammit, ask him where he was on the 57 second 88 yard drive
Yep. One play by any of the superstars and the game is over.
Not even close.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
In your words above ... 'Again' ... I agree with your thoughts regarding the ineffective Rams' pass-rush.

However, you did ask if he had 'any pressures'; and ... Again ... the answer is Yes he did.

If you had posted something like ... 'Except for Miller's sack at the two-minute-mark, the Rams' pass-rush was poor / weak / disappointing / lousy' ... we are not having this useless exchange.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Hard to get pressure when the Defense is 7-8yds off the WRs and they're running wide open.

I think we miss not only not having Raheem Morris, but having Aubrey Pleasant. IIRC they basically turned the CB and S coach into one and eliminated a position?

Curt760

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Curt760
Not expecting it, think Miller just made him unnecessary. Maybe keeping wear off that knee in case they need him next year if Miller leaves. With Obo playing ok'ish and Hollins back I just think he's not needed.
"Not needed", SF ran all over us

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It’s tough to get good pressure when the defense plays soft zone and has weaknesses at corner and ilb that can be exploited.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I keep reading this.. "it's hard to get pressure when the defense is playing soft" etc..

The defense wasn't playing soft on the biggest play of the game. Ramsey jumped a route that someone else was covering and left the 9ers most dangerous weapon alone.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I keep reading this.. "it's hard to get pressure when the defense is playing soft" etc..

The defense wasn't playing soft on the biggest play of the game. Ramsey jumped a route that someone else was covering and left the 9ers most dangerous weapon alone.

This is why we needed to have Ramsey on debo at all times. Then there's no confusion on who's covering him, ever. And there's also no one saying Oh, I thought he went into this zone or I though he was going into that zone.

Next time let's try putting Ramsey on debo, Williams on ayuik and double kittle. Everyone knows who to cover in that scenario with zero blown assignments.

This will also help the dline get more pressure on the qb

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
This is why we needed to have Ramsey on debo at all times. Then there's no confusion on who's covering him, ever. And there's also no one saying Oh, I thought he went into this zone or I though he was going into that zone.

Next time let's try putting Ramsey on debo, Williams on ayuik and double kittle. Everyone knows who to cover in that scenario with zero blown assignments.

This will also help the dline get more pressure on the qb
My question is how do you know there was any confusion and that it wasn't just Ramsey cheating off Deebo thinking he could get an int?

Also.. then, in that scenario, what do you do about Jennings, who had six catches for 94 yards and 2 TDs?

I'd say that hammers home the fact that this defensive secondary just doesn't have the horses.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
My question is how do you know there was any confusion and that it wasn't just Ramsey cheating off Deebo thinking he could get an int?

Also.. then, in that scenario, what do you do about Jennings, who had six catches for 94 yards and 2 TDs?

I'd say that hammers home the fact that this defensive secondary just doesn't have the horses.

I don't know if there was confusion but it looked like a missed assignment. I do know, however, that manning up like I suggested, eliminates any confusion whereas soft zone has the potential for blown assignments and confusion on every pass play. We've seen what this scheme has done verses the niners so let's try something else.

The 4th corner is on Jennings. We have 2 corners who can work one on one with the remaining 3 dbs to cover kittle and jennings.

sloramfan

Starter
mother fucker rams, put t lewis inside...

he can thump, cover and blitz...

how can the rams be missing this?

go rams

slo

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

one fucking play you hang your hat on instead of admitting that Morris is part of the problem as well. Yes players made mistakes in this game that cost us. How about when Ramsey made that amazing interception in the end zone after they drove all the way into the red zone, to pull Morris's ass temporarily out of the fire. The fact is Morris is the captain of the ship on D and he is responsible for every aspect of the D. The D fucking sucked in the second half barring a few plays made by the big playmakers. That means Morris sucks. We all know there are many things, not just the coach that go into a good D. But the glaring fact is. With 2 secondary players changing teams the D went from #1 to middle of the pack. If it was AD or Ramsey I could see it, but the only answer is Morris.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Justin Hollins returning pushed Lewis out of the rotation.
mother fucker rams, put t lewis inside...

he can thump, cover and blitz...

how can the rams be missing this?

go rams

slo
He doesn't have experience playing the position. They'd need a lot of time to develop him to stand a chance. He'd need to learn how to read keys, scrape, play blocks, play his gaps, etc. Moving from edge rusher to a traditional linebacker role is a lot more complex than people think.