Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So on to the draft threads.

At least we weren't talking draft in October!

Always a Rams fan!

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, the Rams, the dynasty that never was. I Heard the same reactions on how we would be better the next year, after the Rams lost in 2001. I see the same thing now. Ultimately the Rams are never a dominating enough team.

I'm done venting now and will turn off all sports. I will have to face the health stuff again come draft time and decide if I let the Rams put me through it again.

This is the memory that is punching me in the face right now...

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Great season capped with a three-point performance in the Super Bowl. One of the biggest let downs I can ever remember. This year was like watching a great movie with some horrible twist-ending. Ah well.

…..

Legend
Thought we might show out a little better than that.

Never anticipated the option that gave “3” points

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
We were one healthy Gurley Express! away from SB glory. Todd needs surgery on that knee very soon. I didn't realize he was that banged up.

He looked fine. He had several explosive runs. The lack of touches is inexcusable.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I wanted to see more 21 and 12 personnel. I think McVay is a brilliant coach, but he needs to adjust more.

The biggest adjustment that we need to make that I KNOW we will is vertical pressure used to defeat our ZBS.

After the last decade, I'm unbelievably in a celebratory mood. We had a fantastic season.

We didn't win the big game, but other than Gurley who we're not sure if he's injured, we're injury free and set to be dominant next year.

And if ANYONE thinks that McVay won't learn tons from this, they're cracked.

That's how you vent, right? Positivity, love and support.. yeah?

Cool.

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Sucks, but we were out coached, wade Phillips sure did his job with the defense, this one is on McVay and the offense. I still can’t get over how the Pats seemed to know every offensive play before it came, they were always there to make a play until McVay stopped breaking the huddle inside 15 seconds.

Our young QB and Coach will learn from this and we will be back. Hopefully with a couple new pieces and the experience to bring us to the top

They didn't have to know the plays. THey just kept running the same sets and McVay wasn't adjusting. Blythe was an f'ing TURNSTILE all night. There was ALWAYS someone in Goff's face within 2 seconds, and it was always coming from a giant gaping hole on his side. It was the same thing EVERY TIME.

The solution to stop it was dead freaking easy: Give the ball to Gurley and run the other way. Or dump the ball to Everett, given how the dude running by Blythe is leaving a tight end open. But where's Todd? Oh, he's over sitting on the bench for no reason whatsoever. Where's Gerald? Sitting by himself with his johnson in his hand. No adjustments whatsoever, and it didn't take a boy genius to see what was happening.

Then that touchdown drive...same play three times in a row? They were even lining up the same. They were rushing to the line and not even making it look like they were audibling something else. Call a freaking time out because the line was obviously completely gassed, and give Wade 30 seconds to figure it out. Naw, that makes too much sense, let's let them walk in.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm fucking livid!!!!
But really?!
We made it to the Super Bowl!

Ellard80

Legend
We’ve been ascending the last two years

GTFO with this bush league whining

Yeah we were ascending in 1999-2001 also... I hope I'm overreacting..

Super Bowls are just impossible to get to.. unless you are the Patriots.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Embarrassing! Worst Superbowl of all time.

McVay should be embarrassed! Aweful OL, no run game, no separation. Seemed to me McVay was overwhelmed by the Superbowl.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Logic tells me this should be.. but I just remember the early 2000's I thought we would be back in the super bowl soon and we didn't for nearly two decades.

But yes we should have a good team for years... should.
Well, if you'll remember, Martz did his own drafting, and our front office/GM was garbage. I think we're a better run organization now, and we likely won't succumb to the same pitfalls. This is a good team, with a good coach, good GM, and we're moving into a palace that's SUPER attractive to quality free agents. I think we're good for a while. However, even if it does all fall apart, I'm just gonna continue to appreciate what we have now. Focusing on things I can't control, or worrying about things that haven't even happened - it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I didn't think I would be this disappointed. 3 points. Goff threw way to late on the deep ball to cooks. What was he waiting on. Then he throws to a totally covered cooks when woods was open by 20 yards in all directions over the middle. The Pats D played great, but we could have beat them if Goff...… I'm not blaming Goff, our offensive line could have blocked better. The play calling. Obviously we need to come up with a short passing game and learn how to beat Zero coverage or any blitz. Anyway, it was a great season and I enjoyed all of it except the Bowl. I really didn't think I would be so disappointed by my Offense.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
The refs called a shit game and so did McVay.

That said, the defense was amazing and so was our team all year.

This hurts but I can live with it since I know this is just the beginning.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sucks, but we were out coached, wade Phillips sure did his job with the defense, this one is on McVay and the offense. I still can’t get over how the Pats seemed to know every offensive play before it came, they were always there to make a play until McVay stopped breaking the huddle inside 15 seconds.

Our young QB and Coach will learn from this and we will be back. Hopefully with a couple new pieces and the experience to bring us to the top

But they didn't know our plays.

It just took Darth Hoodie 19 years to finally get a decent bead on the ZBS. Pretty sure McVay will be able to compensate MUCH quicker than that... as in 19 weeks.

They did what the Bears did and we didn't have an answer and that's unfortunate for today, but it won't be forever.

Ellard80

Legend
Well, if you'll remember, Martz did his own drafting, and our front office/GM was garbage. I think we're a better run organization now, and we likely won't succumb to the same pitfalls. This is a good team, with a good coach, good GM, and we're moving into a palace that's SUPER attractive to quality free agents. I think we're good for a while. However, even if it does all fall apart, I'm just gonna continue to appreciate what we have now. Focusing on things I can't control, or worrying about things that haven't even happened - it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I'll get over it in about 2 days... just bad memories. :p

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok. MCvay didn't call a good game. Goff got his ass kicked all day.

Goff didn't play well.

Oh. And Gurley really is still hurt.he cant walk without a limp.

Status
Not open for further replies.