Super Bowl Vent Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Out coached by a mile. freak the Pats always and forever.

A mile?? That was a few light-years.

We needed Goff to step up and compete at a high level while facing pressure but doesn't seem like hes capable of that.

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was a successful season.. but man Super Bowl opportunities are hard to come by.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I somehow changed the channel toward the end of the game and couldn't find the remote. I was throwing furniture around looking for it when I realized that: I am an adult now and this game shouldn't bother me this much.

So new mature Dan says; what a great season. Our young QB will only get better. He will never be Tom Brady but he will be serviceable and above average.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Well...it was a good season boys! crappy ending, but a good season. Wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't the blasted Pats lol.

The whole game had an air of predictability about it. We just didn't have it from the start.

Let's hope this loss doesn't haunt McVay and Goff, because it sure was a stinker.
It will haunt me all offseason and all next season. Fucking all the " told you they didn't belong their ". Now I have to go cold turkey for a while. FUCK

Poppinfresh

Rookie
Despite this loss, this team has a better chance than any other to begin a dynasty.

Do we? I feel as though we might have sold all in for this one opportunity with a "good" chance to be a contender next year, but probably not over the top..

Let's take a look here: Joyner is clearly leaving (and good riddance). Suh is gonna walk. Ebukam didn't take the step forward he needed. Whitworth can't play forever. Sullivan is older than dirt, too. Blythe should be getting run out of town on a rail tomorrow after what he did tonight. Are we going to extend Peters? It's a coin flip. Talib's gonna be 33.

Like...it feels as though unless we do really, *really* well in the draft, we're gonna be going into the Kroenkedome on the downward trend.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Incredibly frustrating. So impressed with the defense. They played championship football. The offense was a mess. Mcvay needs to do a thorough autopsy on this. He can never allow this to happen again. I hope this doesn't result in a bad superbowl hangover next year. They had the defense to do this. They may not next year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'll get over it in about 2 days... just bad memories. :p
Yeah, I know man. That's why I'm not giving you a ration of shit. You have every right to feel let down big time. Just avoid any sports tv and/or radio shows for a few weeks and we'll gear up to do it all over again in about 7 months. :cheers:

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Our coach and entire offense fell flat on their face in the biggest game of their lives. Who's fault is that??

McVay got his crap pushed in by Belichick today..and Goff had his opportunities to step up and lead the franchise to a SB win, and he played like garbage.

No way around it, Goff isnt an elite competitor. You dont go out like a straight bitch if you are..you make plays and get beat. We handed them this win, they didnt take it.

Boy genius got embarrassed to the highest level.

We did just play in Super Bowl 53, right? Man it sucks losing but fuck we made it a fuckin game. I'm disappointed too.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Logic tells me this should be.. but I just remember the early 2000's I thought we would be back in the super bowl soon and we didn't for nearly two decades.

Different situations. Back then, Vermeil retired unexpectedly, and the FO was a viper’s den of dysfunction.

Now, we have an ascending young HC that’s here to stay, and a rock-solid and unified FO.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
It was a great season. Painful way to end it but it's hard to complain.

Trony

UDFA
Name
Trony
I thought it was a great year. The Rams made it to the Super Bowl.

And yes, I am disappointed we lost the Super Bowl but it still was a great year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
no excuses, we were not the best team tonight. I wonder if our offense is tough enough for playoff football? We needed a tall, true, dominant #1 WR....Like Larry Fitz (young) or Antonio Brown (better teammate than him). Our guys are too short or are not talented enough if they are. jmo

Ellard80

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do we? I feel as though we might have sold all in for this one opportunity with a "good" chance to be a contender next year, but probably not over the top..

Let's take a look here: Joyner is clearly leaving (and good riddance). Suh is gonna walk. Ebukam didn't take the step forward he needed. Whitworth can't play forever. Sullivan is older than dirt, too. Blythe should be getting run out of town on a rail tomorrow after what he did tonight. Are we going to extend Peters? It's a coin flip. Talib's gonna be 33.

Like...it feels as though unless we do really, *really* well in the draft, we're gonna be going into the Kroenkedome on the downward trend.

Yeah this was our "quarterback" salary season. Also I'm worried we paid Gurley big and his knees are going to be chronic.

We should be back.. but my reaction is far from knee-jerk.

I am grateful for the competitive season.. but these opportunities just so hard to get.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never once used the middle of the field on all the blitzes . No adjustments whatsoever. Overwhelmed by all the hype and the bright lights. It's easy to say that we'll be back , but I've heard that before. The Bears and Pats put out a blue print to completely suffocate the genius play caller . Everyone will take notice . Running the same thing series after series against the Pats is exactly what the you don't do .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I said this in the GD thread I will say it in every Super Bowl thread.

Everyone seems to blame Goff and McVay. The o-line was trash. What game was everyone watching?

I'm repeating myself, but it wasn't.

Our ZBS schematic is vulnerable to interior vertical penetration. That's less of an issue when Gurley is healthy because he's so fast to the edge that the DL has to get going horizontally quickly and teams got burned going upfield. With Gurley not being run at the edges using those wide runs, the interior vertical pressure wrecked all kinds of havoc.

No one quit and McVay will figure out the OL issues, I'm certain.

I'll let you guys vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.