PREGAME Super Bowl 56 - Rams vs Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes he and Scott have had a good effect on the secondary. I would also say that it probably settled down Morris as well. Gives him confidence that his players are going to line up correct and execute properly. Changes everything for him. Probably changes the calls he would make.
That is an excellent point and makes sense.
That had not occurred to me.

808RAMS

Rookie
Name
Spencer
Super Bowl LVI, Rams vs Bengals. My birth year is 56. Coincidence? NO! THIS IS MY YEAR, THIS IS MY RAMS!!

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maaaaaan, there is a lot of love pouring in for the Bengals.....sort of surprising, but, a lot of love.
They lost to the Niners in two Super bowls. There is no doubt that I was voting pretty hard for them in those two games. Sometimes that gets on you a bit.

Now, however, they just need to do the same thing they did for the Montana niners - give up the ring to the team from the NFC West.

We're a better team. We can't take it for granted, but I really don't think that Von Miller, Aaron Donald, Cooper Kupp, Andrew Whitworth, Matt Stafford et al will take anything for granted at this point in their careers. I don't think McVay takes this for granted either.

We'll win, but it'll likely be closer than I want it to be and my wife will have 911 on hold the whole time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Maaaaaan, there is a lot of love pouring in for the Bengals.....sort of surprising, but, a lot of love.

Yeahh its starting to piss me off.

Joe Burrow is the next Tommy? Okkkk.

Most of the country is giving all the praise to the Bengals for the lovable underdogs. It freaking sucks. Every goddamn time. 2001, it's the Patriots as the underdogs in 2001. 2018, don't deserve to be there (bullshit), and now its the underdog Bengals.

Fuckkkk its starting again. Rage. NO ONE I know currently in my circle is rooting for the Rams (family aside). Gee that takes me back to 1999 when EVERYONE i knew went for the Titans.

Does it hurt one damn bit to give SOME appreciation to the LAR? Jeezus.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeahh its starting to piss me off.

Joe Burrow is the next Tommy? Okkkk.

Most of the country is giving all the praise to the Bengals for the lovable underdogs. It freaking sucks. Every goddamn time. 2001, it's the Patriots as the underdogs in 2001. 2018, don't deserve to be there (bullshit), and now its the underdog Bengals.

Fuckkkk its starting again. Rage. NO ONE I know currently in my circle is rooting for the Rams (family aside). Gee that takes me back to 1999 when EVERYONE i knew went for the Titans.

Does it hurt one damn bit to give SOME appreciation to the LAR? Jeezus.
You are probably right, it is the underdog factor that is attracting the press. The "story line" nonsense.
Joe Burrow may turn out to be the next Tommy Kramer....

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Watching every Bengal game on condensed game on Gamepass.

I am on game 8 and what seems evident to me is a 25 year old QB does not take pressure well.
199 passes without an interception then the next three interceptions.

On any Sunday For sure.

I am on game eight and what i see is Mixon is not a game changer. My lord if we don’t kill their o-lihe someone will have to answer that question. We shut down Chase we win no matter.

The Bengals are in the SB. Respect.

This should be a blow out.

GO RAMS!!!

MachS

Hall of Fame
IDK..look at the schedule the Bengals played this year. They only played 4 games vs playoff caliber teams out of 17. Their schedule was insanely easy and their division is shit. They beat KC in the regular season which was a great win, but LV is a joke. They lost to GB and SF. But 4 games versus top opponents. Then in the playoffs they beat LV again who sucks, TEN who had a 50% Henry and Tannehill at QB, and a KC team who literally blew the game and handed it to them.

I like the Bengals a lot, my brother is a fan of theirs and I think they have a ton of talent, especially on offense. But theyre very young and they went 10-7 with a much easier schedule than we had. They play in a much easier division. Two of their playoff opponents were average type teams. IDK I get all the media love and hype because they're the obvious underdog, but I feel like the Rams are on an entirely different level. If we play our best game I feel like we beat their ass tbh.

Screenshot_20220209-225305.png

Screenshot_20220209-225318~2.png

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
IDK..look at the schedule the Bengals played this year. They only played 4 games vs playoff caliber teams out of 17. Their schedule was insanely easy and their division is shit. They beat KC in the regular season which was a great win, but LV is a joke. They lost to GB and SF. But 4 games versus top opponents. Then in the playoffs they beat LV again who sucks, TEN who had a 50% Henry and Tannehill at QB, and a KC team who literally blew the game and handed it to them.

I like the Bengals a lot, my brother is a fan of theirs and I think they have a ton of talent, especially on offense. But theyre very young and they went 10-7 with a much easier schedule than we had. They play in a much easier division. Two of their playoff opponents were average type teams. IDK I get all the media love and hype because they're the obvious underdog, but I feel like the Rams are on an entirely different level. If we play our best game I feel like we beat their ass tbh.

View attachment 51984
View attachment 51985
I feel you brother.

i have an entire side of my family That are Bengal fans. I usually pull for them but the kill has taken over.

We “should” have this. Watching their season right now is pretty manic. Their o-line shit. Good lord we can’t leave an egg here.

Welcome to the board.

What are your thoughts, and the general consensus thoughts on your HC from the Cincy fan base?

Is ZT a big game coach? Halftime adjustments? Will he abandon the run if it's not getting chunk yardage early?
Is he aggressive on 4th down?

Thanks.

ZT is a hero now in Cincy to many. He has done what Marvin Lewis couldn't do in 7 tries; actually win in the playoffs. (It's really rather remarkable if you think about it. ML went to the playoffs 7 of 13 years, 4 times winning the division and having a home game, and couldn't win a single one. Not one. I mean, how does that even happen?).

Anyway, ZT is still developing and a lot were losing patience with him until this season. But, he seems to be getting better all the time.

Personally, I love his attitude and demeanor. I think it's perfect for that team, and he expects to win and push for championships.

He was very agressive early this season with going for 4th downs, even deep in his own territory. I liked the aggressiveness at times, but seemed like analytics was getting in his head a bit much and he has since dialed that back and been a little more conservative when the situation calls for it. It's been a smart move and they've been successful, but he will still get aggressive when needed.

He won't abandon the run. They'll keep sticking with it even if it's not getting chunk yardage. Although, he can get predictable with it by going with a 1st down run consistently.

He also sticks with the run often when Cincy is in the red zone (hence many of their red zone struggles in recent weeks). I believe this is due to dialing back Burrow's aggressive "gunslinger" attitude in the red zone. Early this season, Burrow was throwing a lot of risky/aggressive balls that got picked down there, in addition to having sacks because of the OL. I mean, Burrow is still young and hadn't even played a full season yet, so he was still finding out what he could and couldn't get away with in scoring territory (he's developed that quite nicely over the last part of season though). ZT going more conservative in the red zone has allowed Cincy to always "at least get 3" when they have the opportunity (hence Evan MacPherson lighting it up the second half of the season). Mac is great for a rookie, but Cincy is gonna have to get TDs and not settle for FGs often if they want a chance in this game.

Big Game Coach? IDK Man, he is still a young coach that is developing. However, the team always believes they will win, never panics, adjusts scheme nicely when needed, brushes off bad plays with "amnesia", and keeps pushing forward. They are also one of the least penalized teams in the league (maybe THE least, but not sure). That is some excellent coaching IMO. In late December and throughout January the Bengals were in games to clinch the Divsion and advance in the playoffs. Those are some really big games for a team like Cincy, and they prevailed. Want to call that big game coach? Idk, everyone can have their own opinion. But we'll see how it goes in this one.

ZT has also gone to local sports bars after the playoff wins, hung out with the fans, and presented the game balls to the city of Cincinnati (game balls reside in those establishments for all to come and hold it, take pics, etc). He knows what this means to the city and fanbase, and he engages/involves them as part of this experience. I don't know about you, but I think that is some awesome stuff right there!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
ZT has also gone to local sports bars after the playoff wins, hung out with the fans, and presented the game balls to the city of Cincinnati (game balls reside in those establishments for all to come and hold it, take pics, etc). He knows what this means to the city and fanbase, and he engages/involves them as part of this experience. I don't know about you, but I think that is some awesome stuff right there!
I hadn’t heard that. Real cool.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ZT is a hero now in Cincy to many. He has done what Marvin Lewis couldn't do in 7 tries; actually win in the playoffs. (It's really rather remarkable if you think about it. ML went to the playoffs 7 of 13 years, 4 times winning the division and having a home game, and couldn't win a single one. Not one. I mean, how does that even happen?).
I'm actually somewhat shocked that Zac Taylor has been successful, he was only an Offensive Coordinator for one year at the Collegiate Level University of Cincinnati and Tommy Tuberville was fired after Taylor coordinated his offense.

When he was hired by the Bengals I felt it was too soon, however, Joe Burrow makes a big difference and Taylor seems like an affable fellow and I always wish him well with the exception of this Sunday.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This topic is posted over in the events section. A group of Rams Fans is getting together in St. Louis area to watch the game.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Watching the Bengals/Chiefs replay. Man...KC really blew that game.
I watched it last night again myself. Looked more like a game that a team lost than a game that a team won.

That Bengals D has some heart though.