PREGAME Super Bowl 56 - Rams vs Bengals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I'm hearing that Cincy may be starting/playing rookie Jackson Carman at RG most of the game, which speaks to what many believe will be Cincy's offensive gampelan of Run/Screen game to try and slow down the Rams' fierce pass rush, forcing LA to bring a LB in closer, and then Cincy trying to eventually go over the top. They will also try to consume clock and shorten the game.

Actually, I think both teams will try to establish the run game, we'll see how it goes. I think it will be brilliant for the Rams to stick with it. Although not as star-studded as the Rams D-Line, the Bengals pass rush is really good in its own right. I believe (I've read somewhere) that in the playoffs:
Bengals = 8 sacks
LA Rams = 4 sacks
Maybe you guys could verify this for me,, you know your team best.

Anyway, a list of all common opponents for both teams and the results:

OPP LA CIN
Bears W L
Lions W W
Titans L W
49ers L2/W1 L
Packers L L
Jaguars W W
Vikings W W
Ravens W W2

Overall (6-4) (6-3)

I know that early in the season doesn't matter near as much as late season, and both of these teams have been "peaking" getting hot at the right time over the past 8 weeks. The Rams have been awesome, and Cincy's only loss was to Cleveland when Bengals rested all their starters week 18.

Another stat,, Bengals defense giving up very few 2nd half points in the playoffs:
Raiders- 6 points
Titans- 10 points
Chiefs- 6 points (2nd +OT)

IMO, this speaks not only to their defense coming up big, but also the Cincy offense being able to extend drives and burn clock just as they want to do.

I still think this could be a Rams blowout or a very close game. A close game would not surprise me at all.

Last edited:

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I have been reading the forum but not contributing due to squeezing a Super Bowl trip between two work trips.

Likely my last post till after the game and before we head for the airport but just know my Ramily are always with me at these games. I do feel fortunate to go and as strange as this sounds, will miss the gameday thread here.

I appreciate all who get involved here whether it is for opinion or information or a share of something special.

We have to be the most diverse fan base in the entire league due to history. Which for the loyal fan, is very special.

Great historical season guys. ONE AND DONE!!!

GO RAMS!!!

SWAdude

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Anyone see this? Kind of weird we didn't offer ED box seats or something better. He works for the Rams and does a ton promoting us across sports TV.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10026779-eric-dickerson-plans-to-skip-super-bowl-56-after-rams-offered-nosebleed-tickets

It does seem a bit strange he hasn't been offered a seat in a Rams skybox, at least be located in some VIP section that isn't in the nosebleeds. Who knows what he's like in private though, maybe he talks too much or can be a little too annoying.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It does seem a bit strange he hasn't been offered a seat in a Rams skybox, at least be located in some VIP section that isn't in the nosebleeds. Who knows what he's like in private though, maybe he talks too much or can be a little too annoying.
It's a bit strange yes but I'm taking caution with this story since we all know our guy ED can spin a tale.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I imagine Cincy will want to run plays that get the ball out quicker. Will they be patient enough to stick with it? The 49ers are the team that will stick with it the whole game because that was their identity.

Can the Bengals change their style and use the short, controlled passing game to mitigate the Rams pass rush? Because that seems to me to be their best shot. And it has to be played to perfection to work. No missed passes. No drops. No penalties moving them back. And no 3rd and long.

Honestly, I can't see them sustaining that for a whole game. I see them wanting to throw deeper. The kind of plays their line needs to hold up long enough.

On the surface this game sure looks like the Rams should be favored by more than 4 points. Are the oddsmakers enamored by Joe Burrow too? I know there's a lot of people wanting the Bengals to win. And that tends to lead to wishful thinking when they make predictions. I hate being too confident because the Rams have had their bad days. But I have a much better feeling about this one than the last one.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm hearing that Cincy may be starting/playing rookie Jackson Carman at RG most of the game, which speaks to what many believe will be Cincy's offensive gampelan of Run/Screen game to try and slow down the Rams' fierce pass rush, forcing LA to bring a LB in closer, and then Cincy trying to eventually go over the top. They will also try to consume clock and shorten the game.

Actually, I think both teams will try to establish the run game, we'll see how it goes. I think it will be brilliant for the Rams to stick with it. Although not as star-studded as the Rams D-Line, the Bengals pass rush is really good in its own right. I believe (I've read somewhere) that in the playoffs:
Bengals = 8 sacks
LA Rams = 4 sacks
Maybe you guys could verify this for me,, you know your team best.

Anyway, a list of all common opponents for both teams and the results:

OPP LA CIN
Bears W L
Lions W W
Titans L W
49ers L2/W1 L
Packers L L
Jaguars W W
Vikings W W
Ravens W W2

Overall (6-4) (6-3)

I know that early in the season doesn't matter near as much as late season, and both of these teams have been "peaking" getting hot at the right time over the past 8 weeks. The Rams have been awesome, and Cincy's only loss was to Cleveland when Bengals rested all their starters week 18.

Another stat,, Bengals defense giving up very few 2nd half points in the playoffs:
Raiders- 6 points
Titans- 10 points
Chiefs- 6 points (2nd +OT)

IMO, this speaks not only to their defense coming up big, but also the Cincy offense being able to extend drives and burn clock just as they want to do.

I still think this could be a Rams blowout or a very close game. A close game would not surprise me at all.

Bengals had losses to non-playoff teams; Browns, Jets, Chargers, Bears

All of the Rams losses were to playoff teams.

I think this is why Rams fans may come off over confident. The Rams have had a grind of a schedule to get here. This Rams team feels ready for the challenge.

Bengals had losses to non-playoff teams; Browns, Jets, Chargers, Bears

All of the Rams losses were to playoff teams.

I think this is why Rams fans may come off over confident. The Rams have had a grind of a schedule to get here. This Rams team feels ready for the challenge.
I agree, Rams fans should be really confident.

I will say that the Bengals have improved greatly as the season got later though. Bears game was Week 2 Burrow threw 3 straight horrible INT (which he has toned down greatly the last 2 months). Jets game was a turd but expected cause Cincy had just blown out the Ravens the week prior in Baltimore (typical Bengals letdown game). Yeah, Chargers game was a debacle. Turnovers (fumble return for TD, Chase drop that turned into INT, Burrow INT in end zone double coverage as they were trying to come back). Terrible game.

Bengals last 8 games:

49ers - L (OT)
@Broncos- W
Ravens - W
Chiefs - W
@Browns - L (starters not played,,AFCN already clinched)
Raiders - W
@Titans - W
@ Chiefs - W

Bengals have been getting better and are playing their best at the right time. They need it, cause this one's gonna be tough. Burrow has gotten much safer/smarter with his throws particularly in the red zone. You gotta remember, early this year he hadn't even played a whole season of football in his career yet. He's learning when to be aggressive and when not to be.

Yup, I'd be confident if I were you guys too. But, it could be close. These Bengals are extremely confident and believe they can win at all times no matter their youth.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Train Hype GIF

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yup, I'd be confident if I were you guys too. But, it could be close. These Bengals are extremely confident and believe they can win at all times no matter their youth.
Both teams' fan bases should be confident.

Also good chance it is close, as the Rams have made the last two games closer than they needed to be.

Don't let takes spoil your anticipation. Just being here with a shot is special so enjoy it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
@Bengal Billy... If the Rams win it, it will be because they have extra “mojo” in places... You can share these at your Super Bowl party as reasons to worry;

There are a fair amount of Rams players and staff who felt the sting of losing the 2018 SB. This is one determined and experienced bunch, you hear it in every news conference. There is extra mojo here.

On that note, Aaron Donald is about as locked in as possible, sideline speeches, etc… he just might be the best player EVER at any position… and here he is playing in the SB in his prime. Look out. There is extra mojo here.

I could be convinced either way which WR corp is best, but my hunch is the Rams have noticed the media attention given Joe Burrow and the Bengals WR… so this group will come out ready to prove who is #1. There is extra mojo here.

Ditto Stafford. The media has been all over Burrow all week. Stafford got snubbed for the pro bowl too. I think that dynamic has him a little extra focused, if that is even possible. There is extra mojo here.

I haven’t said anything about Von Miller and Ramsey.

I wish you well, but your Bengals are hosed.

:D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams vs. Bengals Preview: All in and all on the line for the Rams in Super Bowl LVI​

Reflecting on how to best summarize the narrative arc of the 2021 Los Angeles Rams, that phrase kept resurfacing.

Ideally, we could have chosen something different – something novel – found a fresh direction for Super Bowl LVI.

But "All In" seemed inevitable. Unavoidable.

We've heard it on repeat from the moment the Matthew Stafford news broke. Again, it percolated at the acquisition of Sony Michel. And it certainly reached a crescendo by brokering a deal for Von Miller at the deadline and signing Odell Beckham Jr..

Externally, what was commonly accepted as the definition of "All In" was an organization mortgaging its future, chasing stars and headlines at all costs, in a desperate attempt to win now.

While the Rams did make good on their ambition to play in SoFi Stadium's first Super Bowl – and while the talent infusion documented above undoubtedly helped in that pursuit – that conception of "All In" misses the mark.

The Rams roster is one of the most home-grown in the NFL. They rank among the top franchises in all of football in recent draft selections. And they'd be absolutely nowhere without the overachievement of contributors like Nick Scott, Travin Howard, Greg Gaines, David Edwards, Brian Allen, Ben Skowronek, and so many others.

Furthermore, who's ranking the 2022 Los Angeles Rams any lower than top ten in the league? Should they not be considered NFC West favorites going into next season?

The future looks extremely bright.

But even those practicalities detract from what I believe is the true meaning of "All In," and why the Rams are NFC Champions again.

You see, while the Super-Bowl-or-bust expectations pressed down on them, the players and coaches doubled down on their commitment to each other in an unwavering spirit of "We Not Me."

All-star teams don't work. Big personalities don't mix. And there weren't supposed to be enough targets or handoffs or reps to go around.

In the depths of a winless November, this locker room should have fractured. Falling short in Week 18 could have unraveled everything the Rams had worked toward.

Except those aren't the stories that prevailed.

Instead, Miller spoke calmly and confidently about how glad he still was to be with this franchise and their shared, unshaken belief.

We heard Jalen Ramsey pledge to do his part this postseason to cement the legacies of Andrew Whitworth, Sean McVay, Miller, Stafford, and others.

Defensive coordinator Raheem Morris revealed that the whole building in Thousand Oaks wants to win for Aaron Donald.

OBJ's done nothing except buy into the Rams ethos and root fellow receiver Cooper Kupp toward his Triple Crown.

And who among us doesn't want this campaign to finish with a ring for Robert Woods, Jordan Fuller, and others injured along the journey?

From Brandon Powell – who was reading self-improvement books in Florida when his phone rang – to Eric Weddle – called out of retirement after two seasons – more than 70 individuals dressed for a game this season.

Dozens more labored through training camp or on the practice squad to give the depth chart the best possible chance to chase its dream.

And behind the scenes, hundreds of staff members poured into their supporting roles.

You see, over the course of 17 games and three playoff wins, what we learned – what the Rams proved – was that it was never about the picks.

It was always about the people. And their shared purpose.

That's why they're playing this weekend.

That's what the 2021 Los Angeles Rams meant by "All In."

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
While I want to see a solid, aggressive run game established tomorrow, I think the Rams will try to take away the Cincy game plan by simply scoring early and often.
Big plays from the D, and great field position because of great ST's play will make it all happen.
:beer2: :sunglasses: :helmet:

RamWoodie

Legend
The Ram secondary has plenty of BIG HITTERS in it...so those Bengals WRs best be ready for it. The word is out that Jones is gonna get the nod over Reeder starting and Weddle is the green dot. Both are good moves for the defense.

The main thing is that they must keep those Bengal WRs in front of them and tackle well after the catch! Some things to be careful about:

* Ramsey must stay under control because he tends to be overly physical sometimes when he tackles,

* Williams is very often in good position to defend...but his tendency to "ballhawk" and watch the QB at times lets guys get behind him. He needs to play his man and defend the pass. The INTs will come if he does that.

* Wrap up on your tackles. Oftentimes just hitting a guy doesn't put him down, he can bounce off the hit and keep going if you dont wrap up.

We need this secondary to be disciplined tomorrow!!!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
The Ram secondary has plenty of BIG HITTERS in it...so those Bengals WRs best be ready for it. The word is out that Jones is gonna get the nod over Reeder starting and Weddle is the green dot. Both are good moves for the defense.

The main thing is that they must keep those Bengal WRs in front of them and tackle well after the catch! Some things to be careful about:

* Ramsey must stay under control because he tends to be overly physical sometimes when he tackles,

* Williams is very often in good position to defend...but his tendency to "ballhawk" and watch the QB at times lets guys get behind him. He needs to play his man and defend the pass. The INTs will come if he does that.

* Wrap up on your tackles. Oftentimes just hitting a guy doesn't put him down, he can bounce off the hit and keep going if you dont wrap up.

We need this secondary to be disciplined tomorrow!!!

Tackling will be huge.. huge.

Having more Jones out there makes me feel good about that part.

@Bengal Billy... If the Rams win it, it will be because they have extra “mojo” in places... You can share these at your Super Bowl party as reasons to worry;

There are a fair amount of Rams players and staff who felt the sting of losing the 2018 SB. This is one determined and experienced bunch, you hear it in every news conference. There is extra mojo here.

On that note, Aaron Donald is about as locked in as possible, sideline speeches, etc… he just might be the best player EVER at any position… and here he is playing in the SB in his prime. Look out. There is extra mojo here.

I could be convinced either way which WR corp is best, but my hunch is the Rams have noticed the media attention given Joe Burrow and the Bengals WR… so this group will come out ready to prove who is #1. There is extra mojo here.

Ditto Stafford. The media has been all over Burrow all week. Stafford got snubbed for the pro bowl too. I think that dynamic has him a little extra focused, if that is even possible. There is extra mojo here.

I haven’t said anything about Von Miller and Ramsey.

I wish you well, but your Bengals are hosed.

:D
Mojo on both sides of the field.

I agree AD is locked in. It wouldn't shock me to see him get SB MVP.

I think it's very telling what types of teams are successful in the current NFL.
If you think about the two teams in the SB:
- Probably the best 2 groups of WR in the league
- Pass Rush (Best DL and Cincy's rush has been very good)
- Both have upper-tier QBs
- Rams have a lockdown CB (Cincy has a couple above-average cover safeties)

I've been thinking the Bengals have been "hosed" for a few weeks now. They keep proving me wrong! We'll see if they can hold true again.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
While I want to see a solid, aggressive run game established tomorrow, I think the Rams will try to take away the Cincy game plan by simply scoring early and often.
Big plays from the D, and great field position because of great ST's play will make it all happen.
:beer2: :sunglasses: :helmet:
The Rams will come out aggressive. They will sprinkle in the run at, but the Ram's passing game is what kills. The running game will be used more when they have a lead. Look for the game to start out similar to the TB game. This time though, the Rams don't shoot themselves in the foot.