Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
But Suh is a three technique DT, like Donald. Was Brockers playing out of position at NT part of last year? I dunno. Seems like adding Suh messes up the defensive line personnel. Would we still add a NT inth e draft? If we did, where does Brockers play and why did we re-sign Easley? I don't think this is a good idea.

dang

Legend
I hope the Rams are exploring Hankins as well. A lot younger and probably cheaper and plays at a High if not Elite level.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Former Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh to visit Rams this week
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...ong-suh-free-agency-dolphins-visit-offseason/

The Los Angeles Rams added two All-Pros to their defense this offseason, but they’re apparently looking for a third. As first reported by Jordan Schultz of Yahoo! Sports, three-time All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will visit the Rams this week.

Suh was released by the Dolphins recently as a post-June 1 cut, giving them some much-needed cap relief. He was set to have a cap hit of $26.1 million in 2018, which was the largest for a non-quarterback.This will be his third free agency visit as he weighs his options, previously spending time with the Saints and Titans.Given his talent level and previous contract, Suh is undoubtedly going to cost the Rams a significant amount. With Aaron Donald yet to be paid, it’s interesting that they would even consider such a high-profile defensive lineman.

This past season, Suh had 48 tackles, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. Although his sack totals have decreased in each of the past four seasons, he’s still an incredibly productive and disruptive player up front. A defensive line that features Suh, Donald and Michael Brockers would give the Rams one of the best position units in all of football.

Analyzing how Ndamukong Suh would fit in the Rams' 3-4 defense
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...h-free-agency-defense-wade-phillips-analysis/

Despite already having the best defensive lineman in the NFL in Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams are looking to add a former holder of that title in free agency. Ndamukong Suh came free when the Dolphins released him for salary cap reasons, making him the top defender on the market.

It was reported late Sunday night that Suh is going to visit the Rams this week, showing there’s a mutual interest between the two sides. It’s a somewhat unexpected move considering the Rams have just about $25 million in cap space to work with, excluding the massive extension Donald is bound to get.

There’s no denying Suh would make the Rams’ defense significantly better. He was the fifth-best interior defender in the NFL last season, according to Pro Football Focus, earning a grade of 91.0 – second-best of his career. Since 2012, he hasn’t had an overall grade below 86.1, proving to be one of the most consistent defensive linemen in football.

Sure, his sack totals have decreased in each of the past four seasons, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. He’s still a top-tier defender and is still just 31 years old.But how would he fit in the Rams’ defense, if Les Snead were to reel in this big fish of a free agent? Not perfectly, per se.

His entire career, Suh has played in a 4-3 defense, lining up between over the guard’s outside shoulder as a one-gap defensive tackle. He’s dominated from that position throughout his career, not only as a run defender, but also as a pass rusher.Suh can win in multiple ways as a pass rusher, too. He obviously has the power and explosiveness to bull rush guards to get to the quarterback, but he also has the foot agility to cross the face of linemen to get to the edge.

The Dolphins primarily kept him in one spot as the 3-technique, but he has the agility and pass-rush moves to line up as a 5-technique over the tackle. That’s where Donald typically plays, obviously having a great deal of success at that spot.

This begs the question of where Suh would play in Phillips’ 3-4 defense, considering he’s never played in that scheme before. While he would certainly be one of the smaller nose tackles in the NFL, Suh could probably make it work between Donald and Michael Brockers.It wouldn’t be an ideal fit because he doesn’t have the bulk of traditional 3-4 nose tackles, but he’s able to get penetration and move upfield in a hurry, which is king in the NFL. The more likely spot for Suh is outside at defensive end, opposite Donald. That would kick Brockers back inside, which is where he started the 2017 season, making Donald and Suh Los Angeles’ bookends.

The most valuable piece of Suh’s game would be his versatility up front. Phillips would be able to move him from defensive end to nose tackle, left to right, inside outside. Essentially, Suh would be able to line up anywhere in the 3-4 front and have success.Back in 2015, former NFL linebacker Bart Scott said Suh would be “virtually unstoppable” as a 3-4 defensive end.

“Because I think Suh in a 3-4 would be so dynamic, right? Because now you can’t double him, now you can move him around like people do with J.J Watt, Muhammad Wilkerson, all these types of guys. But when you put him there and they know exactly where he’s gonna line up, it’s easy to just take him away.”

Watt plays that position at 6-foot-5, 290 pounds. Wilkerson does the same at 6-4, 315 pounds – virtually the same size as Suh. There’s no doubting Suh could do it, it’s just a matter of how seamless the transition would be. Donald made the switch in less than one season, though he certainly was better as he gained experience at that spot throughout the year.

If the Rams do ultimately take the plunge on Suh – contract concerns aside – they’d be building one of the best defensive lines in football. It would help to cover one of their biggest holes at inside linebacker, allowing them to spend fewer assets on that position in free agency and the draft. It’s a risk given Suh’s potentially huge contract demands and brash personality, but the Rams haven’t shied away from adding players with character questions. They’re simply going all in on 2018.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Hey brotha! Everything is good on my end. The army is the army lol but I’m on leave for a few weeks so can’t complain...how’s things with you?
Things are good. My son says pretty much the same about the Air Force. Did you just get back from deployment? Can't say when but my son is supposed to be heading over seas to the gulf. Can't say his mom and I are crazy about that but he's excited about going and likes the added money.

Hope to see you around here while you are on leave. Do you get to stay on the home soil for a while?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Things are good. My son says pretty much the same about the Air Force. Did you just get back from deployment? Can't say when but my son is supposed to be heading over seas to the gulf. Can't say his mom and I are crazy about that but he's excited about going and likes the added money.

Hope to see you around here while you are on leave. Do you get to stay on the home soil for a while?
Yeah I just got back about 3 weeks ago. Your boy will be good...it’s what he signed up for but i definitely understand it can be a scary thing. But he’s spot on the extra money is nice and the decreased opportunity to spend it is even nicer. If he’s smart he will come home with a good chunk.

I will definitely be around more often as long as I’m in the U.S. but to answer your question I should be on U.S soil for atleast 8 months. They got us headed up to Kentucky next month to train officers but it shouldn’t be so bad.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Former Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh to visit Rams this week
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...ong-suh-free-agency-dolphins-visit-offseason/

The Los Angeles Rams added two All-Pros to their defense this offseason, but they’re apparently looking for a third. As first reported by Jordan Schultz of Yahoo! Sports, three-time All-Pro defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh will visit the Rams this week.

Suh was released by the Dolphins recently as a post-June 1 cut, giving them some much-needed cap relief. He was set to have a cap hit of $26.1 million in 2018, which was the largest for a non-quarterback.This will be his third free agency visit as he weighs his options, previously spending time with the Saints and Titans.Given his talent level and previous contract, Suh is undoubtedly going to cost the Rams a significant amount. With Aaron Donald yet to be paid, it’s interesting that they would even consider such a high-profile defensive lineman.

This past season, Suh had 48 tackles, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles. Although his sack totals have decreased in each of the past four seasons, he’s still an incredibly productive and disruptive player up front. A defensive line that features Suh, Donald and Michael Brockers would give the Rams one of the best position units in all of football.

Analyzing how Ndamukong Suh would fit in the Rams' 3-4 defense
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...h-free-agency-defense-wade-phillips-analysis/

Despite already having the best defensive lineman in the NFL in Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams are looking to add a former holder of that title in free agency. Ndamukong Suh came free when the Dolphins released him for salary cap reasons, making him the top defender on the market.

It was reported late Sunday night that Suh is going to visit the Rams this week, showing there’s a mutual interest between the two sides. It’s a somewhat unexpected move considering the Rams have just about $25 million in cap space to work with, excluding the massive extension Donald is bound to get.

There’s no denying Suh would make the Rams’ defense significantly better. He was the fifth-best interior defender in the NFL last season, according to Pro Football Focus, earning a grade of 91.0 – second-best of his career. Since 2012, he hasn’t had an overall grade below 86.1, proving to be one of the most consistent defensive linemen in football.

Sure, his sack totals have decreased in each of the past four seasons, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. He’s still a top-tier defender and is still just 31 years old.But how would he fit in the Rams’ defense, if Les Snead were to reel in this big fish of a free agent? Not perfectly, per se.

His entire career, Suh has played in a 4-3 defense, lining up between over the guard’s outside shoulder as a one-gap defensive tackle. He’s dominated from that position throughout his career, not only as a run defender, but also as a pass rusher.Suh can win in multiple ways as a pass rusher, too. He obviously has the power and explosiveness to bull rush guards to get to the quarterback, but he also has the foot agility to cross the face of linemen to get to the edge.

The Dolphins primarily kept him in one spot as the 3-technique, but he has the agility and pass-rush moves to line up as a 5-technique over the tackle. That’s where Donald typically plays, obviously having a great deal of success at that spot.

This begs the question of where Suh would play in Phillips’ 3-4 defense, considering he’s never played in that scheme before. While he would certainly be one of the smaller nose tackles in the NFL, Suh could probably make it work between Donald and Michael Brockers.It wouldn’t be an ideal fit because he doesn’t have the bulk of traditional 3-4 nose tackles, but he’s able to get penetration and move upfield in a hurry, which is king in the NFL. The more likely spot for Suh is outside at defensive end, opposite Donald. That would kick Brockers back inside, which is where he started the 2017 season, making Donald and Suh Los Angeles’ bookends.

The most valuable piece of Suh’s game would be his versatility up front. Phillips would be able to move him from defensive end to nose tackle, left to right, inside outside. Essentially, Suh would be able to line up anywhere in the 3-4 front and have success.Back in 2015, former NFL linebacker Bart Scott said Suh would be “virtually unstoppable” as a 3-4 defensive end.

“Because I think Suh in a 3-4 would be so dynamic, right? Because now you can’t double him, now you can move him around like people do with J.J Watt, Muhammad Wilkerson, all these types of guys. But when you put him there and they know exactly where he’s gonna line up, it’s easy to just take him away.”

Watt plays that position at 6-foot-5, 290 pounds. Wilkerson does the same at 6-4, 315 pounds – virtually the same size as Suh. There’s no doubting Suh could do it, it’s just a matter of how seamless the transition would be. Donald made the switch in less than one season, though he certainly was better as he gained experience at that spot throughout the year.

If the Rams do ultimately take the plunge on Suh – contract concerns aside – they’d be building one of the best defensive lines in football. It would help to cover one of their biggest holes at inside linebacker, allowing them to spend fewer assets on that position in free agency and the draft. It’s a risk given Suh’s potentially huge contract demands and brash personality, but the Rams haven’t shied away from adding players with character questions. They’re simply going all in on 2018.

Wade uses his NT like a 4-3 NT. Duh would be at home as a NT in our scheme. And if he gets doubled, that is good for us.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saw on Wikipedia that he's a fan of Arsenal, so there's that

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
If Suh is after a ring, LA is the place to go. If he wants a payday, enjoy your visit cause it wont be long. I've heard that Suh would not fit and I've heard he would be a perfect fit. The way I see it, who does the OL double team, AD, Suh or Brockers? And what about the OLB('s)? Wade almost always sends at least 4 rushers.

The only problem I could foresee is if Suh gets big money and AD doesnt get his extension. I could see why AD would be very unhappy in that situation. In that case would Suh be insurance just in case the AD extension turns into a trade.

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gonna go on record as probably the only poster here who would not want Suh added to this locker room. He's a selfish POS who does his own thing, collects his money and could give a flyin F about the rest of the players in the locker room.

IMO all I can say is IF they utilize resources to sign this dude, instead of getting a deal with AD done, it's going to be a terrible indicator about this front office's ability to sustain success in their roster building.

So bring on your difference of opinion or chill ratings on this one. I could care less. I hope this doesn't happen.
I trust McVay to make sure he would be a good fit 'Team-wise', to make sure he would bye-into the "We-Not-Me" Team attitude. If he McVay doesn't feel he will do that F Suh!(y)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The NFL is a quarterback-driven league.
Allegedly....

Keenum and Foles....make me doubt this....it is an offensive league....and the QB coach...OC...have as much to do with success as actual QB talent....
Wait....what happened to all this "character" talk i hear everyone posting about regarding other players who have a bad image? This dude is a dick and i don't care how "incredible" our defense would be, this team needs to build for sustainability. Grabbing a crap ton of all stars who will all need to want to be paid larger contracts in the future only helps us win now, but screws us later.

If we win.....trust me...none of these guys would be a problem....

If we lose...well..that's what Hollywood is all about.....pressure doesn't build character...it reveals it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF I where McVay, my 1st question to Suh would be " Now that we have you here, can you tell me why you would like to Play for the Rams!?!" IF the answer was Money, I would say " Thanks for coming in ...

Bye-.png