Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Am I correct that signing Suh wouldn’t affect compensatory picks at all since he was cut by the Fins?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, don't know much on how that all works. Thought if TA was traded new team took on all finances.

The roster bonus had to be paid a few days ago. From the sounds of it, the $5 million bonus was shrunk a bit and converted to some salary (he has to have at least the minimum for his experience) and the $3 million in salary converted to achievable bonuses. We don't have the exact details yet, but I'd guess a bit over $4 million was paid to him already, and is a cap hit that sticks with the Rams. Of course, it's also possible that he has a no-trade now - I'd probably have insisted on that if I were him.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
When he was younger, he was very strident. He let the OLs get to him, especially GB. They did some of the dirtiest crap to him and they knew he’d retaliate, he’d be blamed an$ damage his rep further. Every single instance stemmed from someone being dirty to him almost assuredly because he responded.

That hasn’t happened in awhile in part because he realized the math of it and in part he didn’t have to deal with those dirty POSes in GB.

Suh’s yet another hyper competitive person who had to focus more on the goal.

He’s at the age now where he needs to focus on winning because his after football career depends on it. There’s more on Suh if anyone’s interested, but McVay, Wade, LA, playing on a potentially all time great D and winning the Super Bowl are HUGE positives.

Seattle’s not close anymore and the Titans are a ways from getting past NE and Pitt, so at best, they’re third in the AFC.

The only team among those he’s considering that can win now and sustain success is the Rams.

We’ll see what he does.
I see a lot of posts worried about Suh's character. I'm not sure where this comes from other than his NASTINESS on the field because he hasn't had any off field trouble. He is evidently a terrible driver. He had a couple of accidents while at Nebraska where he hit multiple vehicles and wasn't drunk. He has given back in a big way at Nebraska though and I think he is anything but selfish. Of course, he has been targeted since coming to the NFL which has frustrated him and he didn't always handle it well. But, a majority of his bad penalties were reactions to low blows dealt him. I'm thinking going to the Rams at this stage of his career may see a different Suh emerge. And we just might like the results.

jjab360

Legend
Am I correct that signing Suh wouldn’t affect compensatory picks at all since he was cut by the Fins?
Yes. And on top of that, assuming we sign him to a one-year contract and he leaves in 2019, that's another 3rd pick coming our way.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
It's been reported in the past that he's a dirty AF player. Plus he drives like a moron.

I'm not really caring for this potential signing. It will get headlines, for sure but I don't think he's magically going to become a team-first, win or bust type guy.

Count me out on Suh then if he’s a terrible driver.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Count me out on Suh then if he’s a terrible driver.

Wait a second....are you suggesting that throughout his entire career he was a terrible driver? Why wasnt this vetted during the draft process? Or did teams know but looked the other way? Mel kiper never mentioned it.

Did his agent pay hush money? Were driving records forged? For the love of god someone get me the DMV!!

And I'll be expecting your offer to be recinded, Mr Dickerson!

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Much of that was overblown by media with a disgustingly biased agenda.

In full context, he’s not much different than Peters in that when he was young, he allowed himself to be provoked.

Truly dirty players instigate. Rodney Harrison comes to mind.

I could be wrong, but I don’t see Suh in the same light as Harrison.

Suh is a very dirty player, but great teams generally have a couple guys who play with an edge.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He took a massive payday. Other than that what makes you say he’s selfish who does his own thing. This is the first I’ve heard of that. Because of his viciousness and playing after the whistle? It’s been over 3 years.

He has a long history man. Not a headline grabbing type guy in terms of the negatives, but he has always been known for doing his own thing, and there have been plenty of reports like that wrt players in the locker room either not liking him, or not gettin along with him, etc. He's just a ME type player, which for my money is not something the Rams need to do given their addition of Peters in particular already.

This team is We Not Me. IMO adding Suh would run counter to that, and it would demonstrate poor teambuilding. And it's ok if you don't agree, as I mentioned earlier in the thread I expect that with a guy like Suh who is viewed positively by many.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
GET IT DONE!

@NJRamsFan how the hell have you been!?!?!?

I miss you!

Don't be such a fuckin' stranger.

This has to make us one of his two preferred destinations right?

The Titans and Seahawks are looking to make the postseason if things go well for them next year.

Saints and Rams?

They have the SB in their sights.

So you are correct IMO, there are only two places and one is the Rams.

Keenum and Foles....make me doubt this....it is an offensive league....and the QB coach...OC...have as much to do with success as actual QB talent....

Foles was a good starter with a good OC. Keenum is a solid player who doesn't make dumbass mistakes. So yes it a league that leans towards the O, and almost every rule change in 20 years has helped the O. But you still need at least above average QB talent to get to the playoffs and to have a shot at going deep into the playoffs and to the end of the playoffs you generally need really good quality talent.

Was going to ask a similar question. I cant say I follow him, or his history all that much, but his "issues" that I'm aware of, all took place on the field. As far as I know he isn't a locker room distraction or anything like that.

He's a dickhead, a dirty player, and a shit driver.

Google Suh dirty plays. It's almost as long as his highlight film.

Frank is amazing. I like the original better, but I would enjoy Frank singing the Oscar Meyer jingle.

Ask me about my Oscar Meyer Weinermobile story. Hahaha if you dare.

Much of that was overblown by media with a disgustingly biased agenda.

No, he's a dirty fucking player.

I could be wrong, but I don’t see Suh in the same light as Harrison.

He is dirtier.

Suh is a very dirty player, but great teams generally have a couple guys who play with an edge.

C'mon jrry, there is a difference between "an edge" and a guy who kicks players in the balls and steps on heads, arms, face/head, ankles and all the other shit he has done isn't an edgey guy.

It's a cheap shot artist who is worse than anyone else in the league right now.

So you can't say "very dirty player" and then claim he just has "an edge".

LOL no sale counselor.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
C'mon jrry, there is a difference between "an edge" and a guy who kicks players in the balls and steps on heads, arms, face/head, ankles and all the other crap he has done isn't an edgey guy.

It's a cheap shot artist who is worse than anyone else in the league right now.

So you can't say "very dirty player" and then claim he just has "an edge".

LOL no sale counselor.

I don't know what you're even arguing. Suh is a very dirty player who plays with an edge. Everything I said was accurate. I'm fine with having a guy like that on my team. We have a strong enough culture that he won't be a problem. His talent is worth it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don't know what you're even arguing. Suh is a very dirty player who plays with an edge. Everything I said was accurate. I'm fine with having a guy like that on my team. We have a strong enough culture that he won't be a problem. His talent is worth it.

I'm arguing that there is a BIG difference between what a dirty player is and a player who plays with an edge.

You seem to equate the two things. Now you are saying he is dirty and plays with an edge.

He's just dirty.

Yeah he has significant talent and value. But he doesn't have an edge, he's dirty.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I 100% agree Suh is a dirty player. But two things standout for me. We need a couple of "dogs" on our defense.
I think we can control the amount of b.s. he does

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It may be a tie..........
I get what your saying Les and it's not going to break my heart if he doesn't sign with us. He is a dirty player. He's also a very good player.
Still, the thought of him playing next to Brockers and Donald is intriguing.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It may be a tie..........
Not even the same guys. Suh gets dirty when he is getting cheap shots. I know in college he didn't know his own strength and played 100% all the time. So he ended up punishing people. Just plain NASTY, a lot like Deacon Jones used to play. He's definitely old school.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's a dork, a dirty player, and a crap driver.

Google Suh dirty plays. It's almost as long as his highlight film
I get that, well aware of his on field activity. What I was asking was as far as a teammate goes, I don’t recall any complaints