Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Gonna go on record as probably the only poster here who would not want Suh added to this locker room. He's a selfish POS who does his own thing, collects his money and could give a flyin F about the rest of the players in the locker room.

IMO all I can say is IF they utilize resources to sign this dude, instead of getting a deal with AD done, it's going to be a terrible indicator about this front office's ability to sustain success in their roster building.

So bring on your difference of opinion or chill ratings on this one. I could care less. I hope this doesn't happen.

He took a massive payday. Other than that what makes you say he’s selfish who does his own thing. This is the first I’ve heard of that. Because of his viciousness and playing after the whistle? It’s been over 3 years.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He took a massive payday. Other than that what makes you say he’s selfish who does his own thing. This is the first I’ve heard of that. Because of his viciousness and playing after the whistle? It’s been over 3 years.
Was going to ask a similar question. I cant say I follow him, or his history all that much, but his "issues" that I'm aware of, all took place on the field. As far as I know he isn't a locker room distraction or anything like that.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was going to ask a similar question. I cant say I follow him, or his history all that much, but his "issues" that I'm aware of, all took place on the field. As far as I know he isn't a locker room distraction or anything like that.

Agreed.

And just to add on...reports are that he hasn't even discussed money and wants to play for a contender - we should absolutely be going after him.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The thing about Donald, Brockers, Easley, and Suh is that they can all play more than one technique so Phillips can get as creative as he wants. Brockers and Suh are both capable of playing nose or 5 tech. On passing downs, Phillips can even employ all four and let them all rush the passer...how nasty is that? Hell, they wouldn’t have to blitz, the corners lock down the outside and everyone else could flood the inside zones. If our offense gets early leads, the sack record would be in serious jeopardy.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People keep saying this is unlikely to happen, and that might be true, but the reasoning people have is not.

Suh is deciding between the Titans, Rams, Seahawks and Saints.

In terms of contention, the Rams and Saints are clearly a tier (or two) above Tennessee and Seattle.

Between the Rams and Saints, we have a LOT more cap space and thus could offer Suh $8 mil for one or two seasons.

On top of that - Suh would be playing next to the best defensive player in the NFL - i.e. if Suh's motivation is to play for one or two years with a contender and then sign one last contract somewhere, his production will likely be the best playing next to Aaron Donald.

No matter how you slice it, the information we know all points to the Rams. The things we don't know: which coach will he like the best? Which team is putting in the most effort to recruit him? These things may sway his decision, but from what we know to be true, the Rams make the most sense.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
Another reason to trade TA. With Suh I would not be be so concerned about the 49rs winning the division, they've improved so much.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Another reason to trade TA.

Why is that?

At this point, his cap hit is mostly firm whether on the roster or not. In fact, it's now cheaper to keep him than sign another player, in terms of cap savings.

fearsomefour

Legend
Another reason to trade TA. With Suh I would not be be so concerned about the 49rs winning the division, they've improved so much.
After Austin re did his deal it is more likely that Barron would go.....but, the Rams do need someone at LB no matter who is on the D line.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I don't want Barron gone unless it is absolutely necessary. He has good coverage skills at the LB spot and his run support is good for someone his size. Obviously taking on blockers is tough, but he can get to spots quick and tackle well. Plus he can go sideline to sideline. Don't need another hole opened up in the LB corps.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't want Barron gone unless it is absolutely necessary. He has good coverage skills at the LB spot and his run support is good for someone his size. Obviously taking on blockers is tough, but he can get to spots quick and tackle well. Plus he can go sideline to sideline. Don't need another hole opened up in the LB corps.
And would taking on blockers be as big of an equation with THAT line? I would think not.

LuvMeThemRams

Rookie
Why is that?

At this point, his cap hit is mostly firm whether on the roster or not. In fact, it's now cheaper to keep him than sign another player, in terms of cap savings.

Oh, don't know much on how that all works. Thought if TA was traded new team took on all finances.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I hope the Rams are exploring Hankins as well. A lot younger and probably cheaper and plays at a High if not Elite level.

Depending on the alignment, they could rotate AD, Brockers and Suh having any of them at the 1,3,and 5. Each of them can and hav3 played all of those techniques and well.

I suspect they’d put Suh primarily at the 1 tech because if he’s next to AD, you can’t double both.

I dunno why, but the moment I heard Suh was going to released, I felt he’d be a Ram.

Same with Talib.

Tomorrow is gonna be crazy waiting for info.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

When he was younger, he was very strident. He let the OLs get to him, especially GB. They did some of the dirtiest shit to him and they knew he’d retaliate, he’d be blamed an$ damage his rep further. Every single instance stemmed from someone being dirty to him almost assuredly because he responded.

That hasn’t happened in awhile in part because he realized the math of it and in part he didn’t have to deal with those dirty POSes in GB.

Suh’s yet another hyper competitive person who had to focus more on the goal.

He’s at the age now where he needs to focus on winning because his after football career depends on it. There’s more on Suh if anyone’s interested, but McVay, Wade, LA, playing on a potentially all time great D and winning the Super Bowl are HUGE positives.

Seattle’s not close anymore and the Titans are a ways from getting past NE and Pitt, so at best, they’re third in the AFC.

The only team among those he’s considering that can win now and sustain success is the Rams.

We’ll see what he does.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

It's been reported in the past that he's a dirty AF player. Plus he drives like a moron.

I'm not really caring for this potential signing. It will get headlines, for sure but I don't think he's magically going to become a team-first, win or bust type guy.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I want this more than another receiver at this point. That defense would be absolute terror.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It's been reported in the past that he's a dirty AF player. Plus he drives like a moron.

I'm not really caring for this potential signing. It will get headlines, for sure but I don't think he's magically going to become a team-first, win or bust type guy.

Much of that was overblown by media with a disgustingly biased agenda.

In full context, he’s not much different than Peters in that when he was young, he allowed himself to be provoked.

Truly dirty players instigate. Rodney Harrison comes to mind.

I could be wrong, but I don’t see Suh in the same light as Harrison.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I feel this would be a coup.

Like if a team had Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters in the secondary.