Suh visiting Rams per source

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just not getting what’s not to like here if Suh indeed joins

My God what an absolute terror the Rams would have in THE very most important aspect of dominant defense

Yes, Suh can be a dominating player. If it takes too much money to sign him, that means the Rams won't have resources to fill other holes, and it also means that signing AD won't be as frontloaded, meaning that the Rams could end up in cap hell in a year or two. Plus some people fear he'll be a bad influence in the locker room, though I'm not as worried about that.

Signing Suh means the Rams would be going for it in a narrow window, and if it doesn't work they will need to reload quite a bit. That's a decision that management has to make, but it makes many long suffering Rams fans nervous.

Ranma

Rookie
To me, it's all about the cost. I'd rather pay $8M for Hankins than $20M for Suh, but if the range tightens up, I'd love it.

It's highly unlikely that Suh will get $20 million in a single season now. It's not even expected that he'll get that amount in a multi-year contract at this point because teams are pushing for a 1-year "prove it" deal.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I think our defensive line is pretty close to what it needs to be, and we can complete it for less $$. Rather extend Donald and set something aside for Brockers, his extension is on the horizon now as well.

On the other hand, I'm not happy with our linebacker corps at all. We need more talent, depth, leadership. Rams haven't shown any interest that I know of, but I'd prefer they go after Navarro Bowman.

Bowman?

Not sure I’d buy into the 2018 version

HellRam

Starter
It's highly unlikely that Suh will get $20 million in a single season now. It's not even expected that he'll get that amount in a multi-year contract at this point because teams are pushing for a 1-year "prove it" deal.

Yeah I think people are forgetting. If a team was willing to pay Suh that much, they could have just traded for him.

I'm hoping it works out with Suh. Having Suh and Donald on the same line is just to good to pass up. The linebacker deal will get figured out. Its not like the Rams we're getting major production there anyways.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I think we'd be shocked to know exactly what goes on in the pile just about every play. I'd venture to guess, if you aren't being a little dirty, you are getting your ass kicked.

I may have been a little dirty in my days of playing soccer. I for one certainly have kicked a couple of people - each time after they absolutely cheap shotted me. I got a red card for spitting in a dudes face, after he sucker punched me in the jaw. My immediate reaction was he knocked a tooth out so my idea was to spit that tooth in his face.

Am I proud of these moments? No! But I it is what it is. I have tamed out a lot but I used to be an ultimate competitor, no one in my family would play games with me. If I lost - we were playing again and again until I won.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@NJRamsFan how the hell have you been!?!?!?

I miss you!

Don't be such a freakin' stranger.

The Titans and Seahawks are looking to make the postseason if things go well for them next year.

Saints and Rams?

They have the SB in their sights.

So you are correct IMO, there are only two places and one is the Rams.

Foles was a good starter with a good OC. Keenum is a solid player who doesn't make dumbass mistakes. So yes it a league that leans towards the O, and almost every rule change in 20 years has helped the O. But you still need at least above average QB talent to get to the playoffs and to have a shot at going deep into the playoffs and to the end of the playoffs you generally need really good quality talent.

He's a dork, a dirty player, and a crap driver.

Google Suh dirty plays. It's almost as long as his highlight film.

Ask me about my Oscar Meyer Weinermobile story. Hahaha if you dare.

No, he's a dirty freaking player.

He is dirtier.

C'mon jrry, there is a difference between "an edge" and a guy who kicks players in the balls and steps on heads, arms, face/head, ankles and all the other crap he has done isn't an edgey guy.

It's a cheap shot artist who is worse than anyone else in the league right now.

So you can't say "very dirty player" and then claim he just has "an edge".

LOL no sale counselor.
Miss you too buddy...I’m good man hope all is well with you and yours....I’m back stateside so I should be around more often now

tempests

Hall of Fame
The linebacker deal will get figured out. Its not like the Rams we're getting major production there anyways.

Poor linebacker play can cost you a playoff game.

Rams are running a 3-4. It's got to be a team strength.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Count me out on Suh then if he’s a terrible driver.

I know it sounds strange, but I firmly believe in you can tell a lot of a person based on their driving habits. Whether it be frantic and panicky like an overbook soccer mom or an arrogant ass who think he owns the road.

Much of that was overblown by media with a disgustingly biased agenda.

In full context, he’s not much different than Peters in that when he was young, he allowed himself to be provoked.

Truly dirty players instigate. Rodney Harrison comes to mind.

I could be wrong, but I don’t see Suh in the same light as Harrison.

I don't care about media. I sees what I do. And when you purposely kick another player in the nads, purposely smack his head and then stomp on him...yeah that = dirty. Compare that to a guy like Cortland Finnegan or Aqib Talib. Those dudes = irritants that piss you off. Not dirty, though.

But beyond all that like I said earlier, he doesn't come like a guy that goes balls in and out every play. He's just..there.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy

The thing is with the back end that we have as of right now.

We are going to be able to afford running a man defense on the back end - we are deep with coverage all of a sudden.

That leaves us with 6/7 guys in the box to attack the offense. We are going to have more guys than they have guys to block.

Peters - Talib - NRC - Joyner - Johnson

dang

Legend
I may have been a little dirty in my days of playing soccer. I for one certainly have kicked a couple of people - each time after they absolutely cheap shotted me. I got a red card for spitting in a dudes face, after he sucker punched me in the jaw. My immediate reaction was he knocked a tooth out so my idea was to spit that tooth in his face.

Am I proud of these moments? No! But I it is what it is. I have tamed out a lot but I used to be an ultimate competitor, no one in my family would play games with me. If I lost - we were playing again and again until I won.
You lost me at "soccer".

fearsomefour

Legend
I know it sounds strange, but I firmly believe in you can tell a lot of a person based on their driving habits. Whether it be frantic and panicky like an overbook soccer mom or an arrogant ass who think he owns the road.

I don't care about media. I sees what I do. And when you purposely kick another player in the nads, purposely smack his head and then stomp on him...yeah that = dirty. Compare that to a guy like Cortland Finnegan or Aqib Talib. Those dudes = irritants that tick you off. Not dirty, though.

But beyond all that like I said earlier, he doesn't come like a guy that goes balls in and out every play. He's just..there.
In fairness to Suh don't know if he was paying someone back for something.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I don't care about media. I sees what I do. And when you purposely kick another player in the nads, purposely smack his head and then stomp on him...yeah that = dirty. Compare that to a guy like Cortland Finnegan or Aqib Talib. Those dudes = irritants that tick you off. Not dirty, though.

Just using the "stomp" involving Suh and Dietrich-Smith, as I've said repeatedly, I not only think what Suh did was minor in comparison, but I woulda done MUCH more...because try to break my back and it's on.

I really don't care to go through incident by incident (although I probably could) other than to say that I am not familiar with a single incident involving Suh where he wasn't responding to something dirty done to him.

Does that make the response proper? Nope. Absolutely not. It actually foments further acts of dirty aggression and provocation.

But I'm not gonna act like the damn refs and ignore all the dirty stuff done to him and further act like the instigators are victims.

F THAT.

If we sigh Suh, I'll go through it if it helps people get on board with the signing, but it's honestly too much effort for a guy we might sign.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You don't need All Pros at every position. If we land Suh, our defense will feature 4 members of the 2016 All Pro team. With a top 3 secondary and the #1 DL, we don't need an elite LB corp. Regardless, we have the Draft to help us fill in the gaps at LB. Suh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any LB out there.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Britt Hager could be sufficient while a younger later roubd LB, that might have more raw talent, is groomed. Suh would allow that to be doable.

BTW, if they add Suh, maybe they feel they can spend a higher pick on a LT project like Kolton Miller who would strictly be a back up. Could possibly justify that even as a late 1st, likely after a trade down and then adding another late 3rd to possibly get a LB.

I am sure the future LT is a position McVay is desperate to address and having a kid like Miller around Whitworth for a yr would be invaluable.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Would signing Joyner to a long term deal save us some cap space that we can use to help make this happen?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You don't need All Pros at every position. If we land Suh, our defense will feature 4 members of the 2016 All Pro team. With a top 3 secondary and the #1 DL, we don't need an elite LB corp. Regardless, we have the Draft to help us fill in the gaps at LB. Suh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any LB out there.

Not only that but to the extent they did want to bring in a veteran MLB who wants a run at a ring - who wouldn’t want to play behind that line?

HellRam

Starter

I agree. I was just saying it's not going to be that hard to improve the positon from last year.

I'm hoping for Bowman if Suh doesn't work out.