Still no respect for Goff ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

so, yesterday i was watching nfl live and they have a segment when they bring in steve young to talk about the qbs and one of the questions is - which qb would you want no matter who the opponent is?

he usually picks brady but since they lost he said he has to go with someone else. so he picked jared goff. but not because of goff mind you, but because it's the rams. the best in the business. then he said something like you can put any qb in there and they could do the job. goff is very efficient, etc.

so now the narrative has changed from he's a bust, from mcvay tells him what to do in his helmet, to now it's all about mcvay's system and the team. any qb could do what goff's doing with that coach and that team. no respect indeed.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

so, yesterday i was watching nfl live and they have a segment when they bring in steve young to talk about the qbs and one of the questions is - which qb would you want no matter who the opponent is?

he usually picks brady but since they lost he said he has to go with someone else. so he picked jared goff. but not because of goff mind you, but because it's the rams. the best in the business. then he said something like you can put any qb in there and they could do the job. goff is very efficient, etc.

so now the narrative has changed from he's a bust, from mcvay tells him what to do in his helmet, to now it's all about mcvay's system and the team. any qb could do what goff's doing with that coach and that team. no respect indeed.

Sounds like Tom Brady’s career path minus the bust talk. I’ll take it as a positive.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Listen to this interview with Trent Dilfer by Cowherd, at 1:06. Dilfer trains young players and sounds like he dealt with Jared at some point in his life. Cowherd was comparing Goff to Maholms in KC, and whether Goff should be credited with his success, or whether McVay deserved full credit. This is good.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3G1lt2jjHM

I liked that. Thanks for posting.

A lot to agree with.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
The one person's feeling about Goff that I really pay attention to is McVay...Sportswriter head hunters, fans, couldn't care less what they think...That's not to say it's not interesting to me and surely everybody has a right to express themselves, I'm just not bothered by the naysayers who just use tired cliches to form opinions...

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
The one person's feeling about Goff that I really pay attention to is McVay...Sportswriter head hunters, fans, couldn't care less what they think...That's not to say it's not interesting to me and surely everybody has a right to express themselves, I'm just not bothered by the naysayers who just use tired cliches to form opinions...

I'll second this feeling. If you guys saw the All or Nothing on Amazon Prime, McVay literally uses the words "rare sh*t" describing Goff's toughness . I saw a match made in heaven watching that scene .

James Otto

Starter
Anybody who watched this game today, that can't see Goff is a top 5 NFL QB, well .....

Not a single QB in the league I'd replace Goff with if I had a choice today. ZERO.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-23_17-57-22.png
    upload_2018-9-23_17-57-22.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 103

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Looked like he had a great game today.
He is really getting in some quality passes and the Kupp TD was outstanding.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Meh, who cares. I'd rather people undervalue him and he stays under the radar. Better than having ESPN hype the crap out of him. He seems like the type of character that perfers the silent killer stigma than trying to hype his "brand". So hopefully people and the media keep down playing him and he keeps throwing 300+ with 2 tds per game.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I could care less if the talking heads don't want to give Goff any credit I bet you the coaches from the opposing teams have a much higher respect for the type of player Goff really is.

KayJay

Starter
Meh, who cares. I'd rather people undervalue him and he stays under the radar. Better than having ESPN hype the crap out of him. He seems like the type of character that perfers the silent killer stigma than trying to hype his "brand". So hopefully people and the media keep down playing him and he keeps throwing 300+ with 2 tds per game.
Going to agree here, I know what I see with my eyes. Any negative numbers he produces are always way overblown. People want a story, Goff isn't a good enough story for them right now. If the kid wins a superbowl, they'll be all over his d*ck talking about how amazing he is. Goff is boring to them, lol and I'm pretty sure Tom Brady was boring at one point too. Let them talk, we know what we have.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
what annoys me is the media are all up in mahomes jock (and the kid has been good) and he is the nexy big thing and our man is out there absolutely killing it ..making all the big boy throws and gets zero respect ,,

Rainram

Starter
Right...and Mahomes isn’t benefitting from Reid, the system he’s in and his supporting cast.

It’s a weak, unsubstantiated narrative. Goff is playing great.