Stafford and those 2 first-rounders - worth it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
The whole second half they could have been a little more aggressive. How many targets did Beckham get in the second half?

they were plenty aggressive enough.... if akers doesnt fumble the ball at the end of the 1st half its 27-3 at half and basically over.

in the 2nd half Gay missed a fg with 6 min left that would have put the game away...

after the bucs fumbled the ball at our 30 with us up 27-13 we were in an empty set preparing to pass when allen snapped the ball over allens head...

we were passing on 1st down when kupp fumbled the ball..

when akers fumbled it looked like he was about to get the 1st down and end the game.

The game got close because the players fucked up... missed fg 3 fumbles a bad snap

it had nothing to do with the play calling on either side.

the only question is if Akers should be getting the majority of the carries after what he did in the 1st and and moving forward.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I don't agree that McVay got too conservative, players need to hold on to the ball. Akers was really bad today at ball security.

Agreed. If Akers holds onto the ball, he gets the first down and the game is basically over.

Ellard80

Legend
I thought when refs rule down by contact, it is not reviewable?
yeah... they determined the ball had started moving before he was down by contact....

i know the rams were arguing that the whistle blew and everyone stopped.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I only question the volume of carries for Akers being back only a couple weeks and all. Alas, a win's a win and hopefully now they learn from those mistakes and take nothing for granted!
I understand the reasoning behind Akers getting those vs Sony, his speed is an asset against a Run defense like the Bucks. He just needs to hold onto the ball but those were great defensive plays to get the ball loose. I can't tell you why OBJ wasn't featured more but Jefferson looked really good when called upon. We need to fix this sloppy play before next week's game

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't agree that McVay got too conservative, players need to hold on to the ball. Akers was really bad today at ball security.
Yep. IIRC, Cam's second fumble prevented the kneel down closeout. I liked McV's playcalling in the 2nd half today much more than i did vs SF two weeks ago. The defense was also miles better even when getting beat.

Tampa earned those turnovers today. That's a world champion defense. Stafford and Kupp erased all those mistakes in less than a minute. Incredible finish.

I'm drained.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yep. IIRC, Cam's second fumble prevented the kneel down closeout. I liked McV's playcalling in the 2nd half today much more than i did vs SF two weeks ago. The defense was also miles better even when getting beat.

Tampa earned those turnovers today. That's a world champion defense. Stafford and Kupp erased all those mistakes in less than a minute. Incredible finish.

I'm drained.
agree with you 100% and loved the game McVay/Morris called today. I thought it was aggressive and smart. They played to their strengths. I need a drink after this one but this Covid shit has really fucked up my week.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand the reasoning behind Akers getting those vs Sony, his speed is an asset against a Run defense like the Bucks. He just needs to hold onto the ball but those were great defensive plays to get the ball loose. I can't tell you why OBJ wasn't featured more but Jefferson looked really good when called upon. We need to fix this sloppy play before next week's game
I fully understand using him, I just question the volume. Has been active 2 weeks and gets bell cow duty? That seems a little risky to me, for any RB. 24 carries is the 3rd highest total of his career.
Win's a win and the first fumble was total bullshit, but still he's got to be eased in to things

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I fully understand using him, I just question the volume. Has been active 2 weeks and gets bell cow duty? That seems a little risky to me, for any RB. 24 carries is the 3rd highest total of his career.
Win's a win and the first fumble was total bullshit, but still he's got to be eased in to things
not arguing with you and agree that I definitely feel Sony should be used more but I can see the reasoning behind using Akers. Still don't believe McVay was conservative or that his play calling was bad.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As many have said, The Stafford trade will be justified if he wins a Superbowl.

He has the pieces around him and much more so than our 2018 team.

Kupp in his prime. OBJ back and hell bent on proving the doubters, Cam back knocking people the F out.

I will admit, I am starting to believe in Stafford. His performance vs the Cardinals was lights out. Showed the poise and focus needed to compete in big pressure games.

Can he play this way in 3 straight games? I sure hope so. We are about to find out. He has the ability, the coaching and surrounding cast.

In all fairness it takes the entire team and coaching staff to perform. But the trade will always be measured against Super Bowl wins.
You gotta be convinced now. Stafford was. A stud today and I don’t think Goff would have won the game this afternoon….certainly not the 2020 version of Goff and probably not the 2018 version (though Jared had a helluva NFCCG vs the Saints that year).

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Unless we win a ring the answer is no.
Your opinion is wrong. It's a team game. Every season has its challenges. Every game. Every play.

Even if it was only a QB game in a vacuum, the trade was uber successful in every aspect. The numbers, leadership, entertainment, wins, playoff wins, TD's, clutch play.

It's pretty clear that last years defense carried that team. Stafford has clearly put this team on his back.

Maybe you overvalue picks and think the Rams undervalue them. You've been on this board since McV was hired. How many #1 picks(players we drafted #1) have gotten this team where it is today?

All or nothing is a lazy take at this point.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I only question the volume of carries for Akers being back only a couple weeks and all. Alas, a win's a win and hopefully now they learn from those mistakes and take nothing for granted!
Agreed. I would have liked more touches for Sony in the 2nd half. That's the one-two punch i and others envisioned once Cam returned.

Maybe it was pure psychology from McV, to keep Cam's head from dwelling on the first fumble. Idk. It definitely backfired.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. I would have liked more touches for Sony in the 2nd half. That's the one-two punch i and others envisioned once Cam returned.

Maybe it was pure psychology from McV, to keep Cam's head from dwelling on the first fumble. Idk. It definitely backfired.
Have you been over to the Zona site yet? I imagine some are committing hari kari right now. They hate both the Rams and the 49ers with a white hot intensity…lol

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
If Gay doesn’t miss that FG it would have been over.
I thought he drilled it and was stunned to see the waving it off. Would be interesting to hear what he thinks happened to make it come up short.

Ellard80

Legend
I thought he drilled it and was stunned to see the waving it off. Would be interesting to hear what he thinks happened to make it come up short.
i heard announcers talking that he had tweaked something before the game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Have you been over to the Zona site yet? I imagine some are committing hari kari right now. They hate both the Rams and the 49ers with a white hot intensity…lol
I was in there this morning, scolding you for wanting to face our kryptonite in the NFCC. Lol.

This is the worst possible scenario to punch our Super bowl ticket. But i digress, tonight is about celebration my man.

Status
Not open for further replies.