Stadium update article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
It should be sturdy enough for workers to walk on it with rigging and spray wash it.
Omg I’m so scared of heights I can’t even imagine that... they will be walking every Sat! Where did u hear that it would be that strong?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For a change of pace lets take a look at the makeover going on at our current home.

I hope they get it done by the Time the pre-season starts!

Looks like there will be a significant section of the seats taken out for the 2018 season. Interesting.
img-2018-construction.png

That Damn Construction zone is right were I usually sit!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Omg I’m so scared of heights I can’t even imagine that... they will be walking every Sat! Where did u hear that it would be that strong?
I have to say it would be pretty cool and a bit eery to be walking around up there. But I’m sure they have plans for how to keep it clean. It’s not like building maintenance is a new thing for a developer like Kroenke.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

It would be unheard of in an earthquake-safe megastructure like the new stadium that the roof would be so fragile that a 250# man would break one of the ETFE tiles.

Considering the pressure as well as lateral and torsional forces each panel has to endure just on a daily basis let alone during a minor earthquake... the weight of a person would be pretty minor in comparison.

They'd probably want to stick to the metal grid, but I'd be shocked if a person's weight were a concern. It just wouldn't make any engineering sense...at all.

That said, they may insist on special footing because just because it's strong doesn't mean it's scratch resistant and boots with little bits of gravel in them would scratch that roof all to hell and gone.

So I could see them requiring special footwear that is ONLY worn on the roof and is cleaned both before and after a roof walk. That's pretty typical of special materials.

Also, while I love heights, I have wicked bad vertigo. So much so that in some video games or movies (looking at you, Avatar...the scene where he first flies the pterosaur looking thing? oof...), it really kicks in.

When I would raid in World of Warcraft, during one fight we did every week, I'd have to specifically buy ginger ale and saltines because the nausea was almost overwhelming.

So I get you. Just like some people in the old days could walk the "high steel", there are people that can do that today.

Not me. I'd be sliding off the roof...face first...

Ladoc

UDFA
Name
Garth
It would be unheard of in an earthquake-safe megastructure like the new stadium that the roof would be so fragile that a 250# man would break one of the ETFE tiles.

Considering the pressure as well as lateral and torsional forces each panel has to endure just on a daily basis let alone during a minor earthquake... the weight of a person would be pretty minor in comparison.

They'd probably want to stick to the metal grid, but I'd be shocked if a person's weight were a concern. It just wouldn't make any engineering sense...at all.

That said, they may insist on special footing because just because it's strong doesn't mean it's scratch resistant and boots with little bits of gravel in them would scratch that roof all to hell and gone.

So I could see them requiring special footwear that is ONLY worn on the roof and is cleaned both before and after a roof walk. That's pretty typical of special materials.

Also, while I love heights, I have wicked bad vertigo. So much so that in some video games or movies (looking at you, Avatar...the scene where he first flies the pterosaur looking thing? oof...), it really kicks in.

When I would raid in World of Warcraft, during one fight we did every week, I'd have to specifically buy ginger ale and saltines because the nausea was almost overwhelming.

So I get you. Just like some people in the old days could walk the "high steel", there are people that can do that today.

I really enjoyed your response!! Thank you

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Omg I’m so scared of heights I can’t even imagine that

I have to say it would be pretty cool and a bit eery to be walking around up there.

The CN Tower in Toronto has a glass floor 1100 feet up and it took me a moment to step out onto it and holy shit my heart rate elevated right away. It was really a weird feeling.

Now they have a thing called Edge Walk.

Fuck that........NO WAY

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
The low price stuff is 15K per seat.........and the nosebleed crap seats will be 500-1000

And you say "I told you so"?

And that is based on CURRENT PSL costs which is a pipe dream if anyone thinks they will do that in the new stadium just because they did it in the Colosseum.

Let's pick this up when the sales kits come out.

that low price of 15k for an SSL for premium seats...

it's $1,500 down, and $1350 per YEAR for 10 years.... little over $100 per month....for a premium SSL...

and yes, I'm saying I told you so....

Reasonably priced SSLs...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
that low price of 15k for an SSL for premium seats...

it's $1,500 down, and $1350 per YEAR for 10 years.... little over $100 per month....for a premium SSL...

and yes, I'm saying I told you so....

Reasonably priced SSLs...

Premium?

Psycho_X

Legend

The CN Tower in Toronto has a glass floor 1100 feet up and it took me a moment to step out onto it and holy crap my heart rate elevated right away. It was really a weird feeling.

Now they have a thing called Edge Walk.

freak that........NO WAY

Yeah, no way for me. I get tense and like instant sweat inducing vertigo when watching those videos of the idiots who like to climb to the tip of buildings and take videos/selfies. Trying to do jumping puzzles in games gives me sweaty palms lol.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ium-now-expected-to-cost-more-than-4-billion/

L.A. stadium now expected to cost more than $4 billion
Posted by Mike Florio on May 17, 2018

gettyimages-848593640-e1526552258273.jpg

Getty Images

At last check, the cost of the new L.A. stadium and the entire surrounding business and residential area was expected to exceed $5 billion. The centerpiece of the project is now expected to have a price tag at more than 80 percent of the prior estimate for the whole place.

According to Daniel Kaplan of SportsBusiness Journal, the cost of the stadium itself has moved north of $4 billion. Rams owner Stan Kroenke and his wife, Ann Walton Kroenke, will contribute $1.6 billion of their own money.

To put that in perspective, and as Kaplan notes, Terry and Kim Pegula paid $1.4 billion for the Bills franchise.

In January 2016, when Kroenke first secured approval to build the stadium and to move the Rams from St. Louis to L.A., Kroenke expected a $2.3 billion expense. That quickly moved to $2.6 billion and then to $3 billion. Kaplan explains that the cost increase partially arises from efforts to ensure that the new stadium will withstand an earthquake. The estimate also now includes “soft costs,” like access roads and utilities.

Whatever the stadium eventually costs, Kroenke will surely make it back, with 20 Rams and Chargers games played there every year, a periodic Super Bowl, and plenty of other events.

It also helps that Kroenke has plenty of other money. Still, no matter how many billions a person has, it always hurts to have to spend more than expected — especially when the expectation has nearly doubled.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They’re mixing so many things in these estimates it’s hard to tell what the actual number will be. That said he’s definitely spending money on the construction. I remember in the last video that had LT and Dickerson the guy said it was going 24/7 construction, that’s going to drive the cost through the roof.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
New drone tour by this guy. He seems to do regular updates if you want to follow him on youtube.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Comin' together now my friends!!! Can't wait to see this complex when it's all buttoned up....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It amazes me on megastructures that things actually line up when they put them together with the finishing touches. As a weekend woodworker type it sorta blows my mind how exact they are. I mean the larger the scale the more that one degree of deviation could screw things up, it's fascinating how they pull that off.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It amazes me on megastructures that things actually line up when they put them together with the finishing touches. As a weekend woodworker type it sorta blows my mind how exact they are. I mean the larger the scale the more that one degree of deviation could screw things up, it's fascinating how they pull that off.
Great point. A highway project with what was supposed to be the tallest bridge in Oregon got scrapped because the supports were 3” outside of acceptable tollerances. They ended up rerouting the highway to eliminate the bridges. A ten mile stretch of highway cost over $3 billion and took 14 years to complete.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Great point. A highway project with what was supposed to be the tallest bridge in Oregon got scrapped because the supports were 3” outside of acceptable tollerances. They ended up rerouting the highway to eliminate the bridges. A ten mile stretch of highway cost over $3 billion and took 14 years to complete.

Holy crap. I'd hate to be the supervisor on that project.

Won't feel so bad now when my wooden picture frame or whatever has to be bent and glued to be somewhere close to true lol.