Stadium update article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Hate to say I told you so..... but from Vinny B's article today...

Los Angeles fans have been bracing for the worst while awaiting the Rams and Chargers seat license pricing plan for the $2.6 billion stadium they’ll eventually share in Inglewood.

They might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Beginning this week, the Rams and Chargers are each making their 13,000 premier club seats situated primarily in the lower bowl of the stadium available to their current season-ticket holders. And with them their SSL pricing. Granted the high point is way up there – $100,000 for the Rams and $75,000 for the Chargers on their 500 exclusive all-access seats. But it’s not Cowboys expensive.

And based on the low point for club seat pricing – $15,000 for the Rams and $10,000 for the Chargers – one thing is clear: The SSL’s for the vast majority of season seats for both clubs – or roughly 75 percent of the stadium’s 70,0000 capacity – will be under $15,000 dollar

The Rams and Chargers will announce season ticket and SSL pricing for non club seating at a later date, but based on their premium seat pricing some season tickets could come with an SSL price as little as $500 to $1,000.

That's what I meant by Reasonably Priced...

The low price stuff is 15K per seat.........and the nosebleed shit seats will be 500-1000

And you say "I told you so"?

And that is based on CURRENT PSL costs which is a pipe dream if anyone thinks they will do that in the new stadium just because they did it in the Colosseum.

Let's pick this up when the sales kits come out.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Confusing. I guess they can double the number of 'premier club seats' if required. How else can guarantee the right to purchase tickets to every stadium event to both Rams and Chargers season ticket holders (or when the Rams play the Chargers).

The right to purchase tickets to every stadium event I took to mean that they would be able to buy Super Bowl tickets - but that doesn't mean that they will necessarily get their usual seats. Just that they'll be able to get some seats. I remember when the Super Bowl was in Arizona a few years back, there was a lottery for season ticket holders to be able to buy tickets - the ones who won got tickets, but NOT their good seats. Those went to corporate sponsors, NFL big wigs, etc. I'm sure that's in the fine print of the PSL

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, what? I don't understand this paragraph. So if someone bought a psl for 50 straight years and were actually still alive, which would be rare, they get 50 years of payments refunded? So confused by that line. And how does that make it tax free for the teams which seems ridiculous too?

I read that to mean that if you pay $100k (which is a one time payment) in 50 years you (or your heirs) get $100k back. Of course, after 50 years of inflation that would be worth about $25k in today's dollars.

I'm not an accountant, but the tax free status is likely because it is a loan, and not income. Just a long term, interest free, loan. Which would allow Kroenke to invest the money he would have had to pay in taxes, and come out even further ahead.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
The low price stuff is 15K per seat.........and the nosebleed crap seats will be 500-1000

And you say "I told you so"?

And that is based on CURRENT PSL costs which is a pipe dream if anyone thinks they will do that in the new stadium just because they did it in the Colosseum.

Let's pick this up when the sales kits come out.

A pipe dream???

The article is quoting Kevin Demoff...these are the prices for the PSL..or now called SSLs ....

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/...eason-tickets-cost-in-inglewoods-new-stadium/

The Rams and Chargers will announce season ticket and SSL pricing for non club seating at a later date, but based on their premium seat pricing some season tickets could come with an SSL price as little as $500 to $1,000.

“We’ve tried to be very thoughtful about how to price this building,” said Rams Executive Vice President and COO Kevin Demoff.

People were saying that you wouldn't be able to get season tickets for less that 25K in the Inglewood stadium... using other stadiums as examples... The Inglewood stadium financing...and its place within an overall development with Kroenke as the primary developer.... this was a completely different situation...this is a Privately Funded stadium within an expansive mutli use development with scores of revenue sources for Kroenke and the developers. A deal that hasn't cost the City of Inglewood a dime to develop, and had already brought..and will continue to bring huge revenue to the city.....

They weren't going to gouge fans for outrageous SSL pricing.. It wouldn't have worked...and there's no need to.

you have events already scheduled that along with the naming rights is going to make Stan Kroenke back pretty much everything he's paying out to build this.

$3,000 - $5000 ...as an existing season ticket holder is going to get you some pretty good seats in the new stadium....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Demoff.............

not so trustworthy
Sigh. That's your response to an article that pretty much dismisses your whole argument? Come on Les. Let the past go and look to the future of Rams football. It's going to be a fun ride.

nanotech

Rookie
I read that to mean that if you pay $100k (which is a one time payment) in 50 years you (or your heirs) get $100k back. Of course, after 50 years of inflation that would be worth about $25k in today's dollars.

I'm not an accountant, but the tax free status is likely because it is a loan, and not income. Just a long term, interest free, loan. Which would allow Kroenke to invest the money he would have had to pay in taxes, and come out even further ahead.

Based on the last 50 years, more like $13,750 in today's dollars. Kind of negative amortization.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Which would allow Kroenke to invest the money he would have had to pay in taxes, and come out even further ahead.
You know the axiom... "Other Peoples' money". But the tax free status is an interesting loop hole if he is indeed able to use it. What I don't get is that it says the Chargers SSLs will also go toward construction costs. I think there may be a whole lot about this deal to allow the Chargers to share the Rams stadium that we don't know and has not been made public.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
upload_2018-3-14_13-46-46.png

This just makes my stomach turn! :puke:It was on NFL.com site and when I clicked on link it took me the "chargirls" website.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So someone explain to me laments terms. My buddy and I want to go to an a game in LA this year. Just average seats. How much would it run us?

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
So someone explain to me laments terms. My buddy and I want to go to an a game in LA this year. Just average seats. How much would it run us?
Last year seats on stub hub went for between $50-300 We averaged about $225 per seat for between the 40 yd lines 3/4ths the way up. We went to every game inc. preseason.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last year seats on stub hub went for between $50-300 We averaged about $225 per seat for between the 40 yd lines 3/4ths the way up. We went to every game inc. preseason.

man, you were thirsting for some football back in la.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/29/inglewood-stadium-has-5-billion-price-tag/

Inglewood stadium complex has $5 billion price tag
Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2018

They say it takes money to make money, but the new NFL stadium being built in L.A. will need to make a lot of money to justify the money it will take to build it.

Via Vinny Bonsignore of the L.A. Daily News, the complex being privately financed by Rams owner Stan Kroenke currently has an estimated price tag of $5 billion. That includes everything that goes along with it in a 298-acre development that will have the stadium as its nucleus.

The project, where both the Rams and Chargers will play, also will have 200,000 square feet for use by NFL Media, making it the rent-free home of NFL.com and NFL Network. That surely went a long way toward getting the owners to pick Inglewood over the Chargers-Raiders proposal in Carson.

For Kroenke, the revenue will come from plenty of things other than 20 Rams and Chargers home games. He wouldn’t be spending the money, with zero public dollars involved, if he didn’t think a significant return on the investment were looming.

For the Rams, the enhanced game-day experience coming from a state-of-the-art stadium should result in more fans showing up for the game, and in turn more noise. Rams G.M. Les Snead addressed this dynamic during a recent visit to PFT Live.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Btw@ Merlin, I hope we can watch a game together before you head to Missouri.

Didn't see this post before VR... Yeah we'll definitely catch a game this season.

And re: a ROD trip to see the Rams in the new stadium I'm definitely in, whenever you guys set it up. I'll have to fly out and all, but I have family with condos and whatnot in Long Beach and Huntington so I'm all for a road trip! :D

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Does anyone know if the additional 2BIL is for additions to the project that has retail/office and residential?

I would think it has to be because if the estimates for the complex being 3BIL have ballooned to 5BIL someone is getting fired.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Does anyone know if the additional 2BIL is for additions to the project that has retail/office and residential?

I would think it has to be because if the estimates for the complex being 3BIL have ballooned to 5BIL someone is getting fired.
These numbers they're listing are the whole complex not just the stadium.