Stadium update article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's making millions upon millions a year.........he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

We'll see about "reasonable"...........I think I'd wager it won't be close.

I think it's funny that people say Spanos is Kroeke's "bitch".

If your coworker built a luxury home and you got to live in it rent free who would be the "bitch"?
The free loader would be, no question.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
If your coworker built a luxury home and you got to live in it rent free who would be the "bitch"?

because every looks at Kato Kailyn as a rich successful guy, right??

no..

he's the guy that was crashing in OJs back house..

not sure if you're in California or not....but the perspective of people in California regarding Spanos is pretty first hand. In general, he's the guy who couldn't make anything happen with a new stadium in San Diego....he's the guy who couldn't make anything happen with a Stadium in Los Angeles..... and only got to LA because of piggybacking on Kroenke... LA respects people who make power moves.... That's the opposite of Dean Spanos.

He could have never made anything happen in LA .... that Carson plan was a smokescreen to try and block Kroenke from LA....or get as much of a handout because Kroenke moved to LA....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
because every looks at Kato Kailyn as a rich successful guy, right??

no..

he's the guy that was crashing in OJs back house..

not sure if you're in California or not....but the perspective of people in California regarding Spanos is pretty first hand. In general, he's the guy who couldn't make anything happen with a new stadium in San Diego....he's the guy who couldn't make anything happen with a Stadium in Los Angeles..... and only got to LA because of piggybacking on Kroenke... LA respects people who make power moves.... That's the opposite of Dean Spanos.

He could have never made anything happen in LA .... that Carson plan was a smokescreen to try and block Kroenke from LA....or get as much of a handout because Kroenke moved to LA....
I know of no one who respects Spanos as an owner or someone who has built anything on his own dime and that goes double for his father.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's not that different than what got built in STL next to the Cardinals new stadium. And this really isn't a one of a kind thing. It's the biggest and newest.
OK Les. This is a hilarious comparison. I was there partying with my Rams buddies. It’s not even in the same stratosphere as what’s going on with the Hollywood Park development. Ballpark Village is great and what they’ve done around it is pretty cool but it’s laughable to contend that they are close in scope.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
OK Les. This is a hilarious comparison. I was there partying with my Rams buddies. It’s not even in the same stratosphere as what’s going on with the Hollywood Park development. Ballpark Village is great and what they’ve done around it is pretty cool but it’s laughable to contend that they are close in scope.

Not saying close in scope, but it's not a new concept at all, it's just a larger one. Which IIRC was part of what the whole sleight of hand was going to involve STL.

Go to my hometown, CLE, and look at what got developed around the Cavs stadium and Browns stadium. Same shit, just not as large.

What is being built is larger yes, but that doesn't mean it's never been done. It's already been done. This is nothing new. It's just bigger, more expensive.

Psycho_X

Legend
Chargers are the amateur ticket in town.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/03/...eason-tickets-cost-in-inglewoods-new-stadium/

Los Angeles football fans waited more than 21 years to get the NFL back in town, and a brand new state-of-the-art stadium to go along with it. But it wasn’t without a little bit of trepidation. The concern came in the form of the personal seat license fee season ticket holders were going to have to pay to secure their preferred seats.

Or in the case of the Rams and Chargers, an SSL. Short for stadium seat license.

It’s a one-time fee season ticket holders pay for the right to buy and own a season seat over the lifespan of a new stadium. All revenue generated goes directly toward construction of the stadium, which is being financed by Rams owner Stan Kroenke. Chargers ownership – headed by Dean Spanos – also holds an interest in Stadco, the entity that will own the stadium.

The SSL is a tax, if you will, on hardcore fans to offset the price of erecting a new stadium.

And as we’ve seen across the NFL, the prices can be exorbitant. In Dallas, for instance, the top end of the PSL’s for Jerry’s World was $150,000. That’s on top of the yearly price for the actual ticket.

Los Angeles fans have been bracing for the worst while awaiting the Rams and Chargers seat license pricing plan for the $2.6 billion stadium they’ll eventually share in Inglewood.

They might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Beginning this week, the Rams and Chargers are each making their 13,000 premier club seats situated primarily in the lower bowl of the stadium available to their current season-ticket holders. And with them their SSL pricing. Granted the high point is way up there – $100,000 for the Rams and $75,000 for the Chargers on their 500 exclusive all-access seats. But it’s not Cowboys expensive.

And based on the low point for club seat pricing – $15,000 for the Rams and $10,000 for the Chargers – one thing is clear: The SSL’s for the vast majority of season seats for both clubs – or roughly 75 percent of the stadium’s 70,0000 capacity – will be under $15,000 dollars.

The Rams and Chargers will announce season ticket and SSL pricing for non club seating at a later date, but based on their premium seat pricing some season tickets could come with an SSL price as little as $500 to $1,000.

“We’ve tried to be very thoughtful about how to price this building,” said Rams Executive Vice President and COO Kevin Demoff. “We understand it’s a uniquely premium and unbelievable experience, but we tried to make sure that it takes into consideration what the commensurate value should be for the fan. We’ve done two years worth of focus groups and surveys and talking to fans and we feel this is a very thoughtfully priced map that provides the appropriate value for each seat.”

Said Chargers President of Business Operations A.G. Spanos: “A lot of thought went into the pricing of these seats. We conducted focus groups and surveys. We spoke to fans one on one. A lot of testing went into this. And it was absolutely done with the fan in mind.”

With one added bonus. Unlike previous PSL programs across the league, the Rams and Chargers SSL plan includes an innovative repayment program. All payments made under the SSL agreement, including any finance charges, will be treated as refundable deposits, with repayment from available funds to be made in 50 years.

In doing so, the fee becomes tax free to the teams. Which means every dollar generated by the SSL program will go directly to stadium cost and every penny will be returned to the buyer.

“I think the most simple way to put it is, if you buy a Rams season-seat licence, you’ll get your money back. And when you buy a Chargers season-seat license, you’ll get your money back,” said Demoff.

Starting this week and continuing over the coming months, Rams and Chargers season ticket members, as well as fans who signed up for the new stadium waitlist, will receive an invitation to make an appointment at the LA Stadium Premiere Center, located in Playa Vista to check out premium seat options.

Among the highlights:

• 500 all-access seats located on the second level between the 45-yard-lines that include all-inclusive food and beverage, access to two different clubs and the guaranteed right to purchase tickets to nearly every stadium event – including the Super Bowl.
  • 2,500 VIP seats located on the first and second levels between the 30-yard-lines featuring all-inclusive food and beverage access to two different clubs and first priority access to purchase tickets to nearly every stadium event – including the Super Bowl.
  • 10,000 club seats located from the 35-yard-line to the corners featuring access to one club, priority pre-sale to most events at the stadium and the opportunity to purchase premium parking.
  • All 13,000 tickets have a set cost – $375 for the Rams and $350 for the Chargers. The SSL range reflects seat location and access to various premium experiences.
  • The Rams premium-seat SSL pricing is $100,000, $80,000, $35,000, $25,000 and $15,000.
  • The Chargers premium SSL pricing is $75,000, $50,000, $25,000, $15,000 and $10,000.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-start-selling-premium-seats-at-new-stadium/

Rams, Chargers start selling premium seats at new stadium
Posted by Josh Alper on March 7, 2018

The Rams and Chargers are set to move into their new stadium in Inglewood, California in 2020 and the process of selling tickets to their games is getting underway now.

Both teams have set both one-time stadium seat license and per-game prices for 13,000 premium-level seats to their games. The highest SSL for the Rams comes in at $100,000 for “all access” seats that come with food and beverage included, club access and the guaranteed right to buy tickets to other events, including the Super Bowl, held at the stadium. The Chargers will sell SSLs at that level for $75,000 and both teams will have some 500 seats in that tier.

There will be around 2,500 “VIP” seats that have an $80,000 license for the Rams and $50,000 for the Chargers that offer similar perks without the guaranteed right to buy other tickets. There are also 10,000 “club” seats with SSLs ranging from $15,000-$35,000 for the Rams and $10,000-$25,000 for the Chargers. The tickets will cost $375 per game for the Rams and $350 per game for the Chargers.

“We’ve tried to be very thoughtful about how to price this building,” Rams executive vice president and COO Kevin Demoff said, via the Orange County Register. “We understand it’s a uniquely premium and unbelievable experience, but we tried to make sure that it takes into consideration what the commensurate value should be for the fan. We’ve done two years worth of focus groups and surveys and talking to fans and we feel this is a very thoughtfully priced map that provides the appropriate value for each seat.”

Both teams are pitching a new approach to the seat licenses by offering the chance to have the payment refundable after 50 years. That makes the fee tax-free to the teams, who say that all proceeds will be put toward construction costs.

Prices for non-club seats have not been announced yet. All season tickets will require a SSL, although the price for many of those seats is expected to be well below the prices announced this week.

Psycho_X

Legend
Both teams are pitching a new approach to the seat licenses by offering the chance to have the payment refundable after 50 years. That makes the fee tax-free to the teams, who say that all proceeds will be put toward construction costs.

Wait, what? I don't understand this paragraph. So if someone bought a psl for 50 straight years and were actually still alive, which would be rare, they get 50 years of payments refunded? So confused by that line. And how does that make it tax free for the teams which seems ridiculous too?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Wait, what? I don't understand this paragraph. So if someone bought a psl for 50 straight years and were actually still alive, which would be rare, they get 50 years of payments refunded? So confused by that line. And how does that make it tax free for the teams which seems ridiculous too?

I dunno. But if I'm still around in 50 years my seat will have to be in one of the bathroom stalls.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
wonder how much the suites are gonna go for...

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Confusing. I guess they can double the number of 'premier club seats' if required. How else can guarantee the right to purchase tickets to every stadium event to both Rams and Chargers season ticket holders (or when the Rams play the Chargers).

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Not saying close in scope, but it's not a new concept at all, it's just a larger one. Which IIRC was part of what the whole sleight of hand was going to involve STL.

Go to my hometown, CLE, and look at what got developed around the Cavs stadium and Browns stadium. Same crap, just not as large.

What is being built is larger yes, but that doesn't mean it's never been done. It's already been done. This is nothing new. It's just bigger, more expensive.
But we’re talking about how one NFL owner will benefit from far more revenue sources from building a stadium project. It’s not even close. No owner is taken on anything like this. To compare what is happening around other projects is missing the point. Something like this has never been done by any ownership group. And even considering outside interests improving the area around Ballpark Village, it still isn’t even remotely close. Then consider what is likely to happen around the Hollywood Park project by outside interests and.....holy crap!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
But we’re talking about how one NFL owner will benefit from far more revenue sources from building a stadium project.

Do you really think that'll make Kroenke sells PSL's below what he thinks he can get?

Never in life my dear.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Do you really think that'll make Kroenke sells PSL's below what he thinks he can get?

Never in life my dear.
Absolutely not. But if sales were not hitting their marks, I could easily see him opening up some lower tier PSLs. I predict that is going to happen anyway but they’re not going to do it before selling a substantial number of higher end contracts. What it allows for is the latitude to adjust his marketing plan and still have far more revenue sources than any owner ever has had.

No owner is going to lower prices simply out of the goodness of their heart.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Absolutely not. But if sales were not hitting their marks, I could easily see him opening up some lower tier PSLs. I predict that is going to happen anyway but they’re not going to do it before selling a substantial number of higher end contracts. What it allows for is the latitude to adjust his marketing plan and still have far more revenue sources than any owner ever has had.

No owner is going to lower prices simply out of the goodness of their heart.

This is what was being inferred though not by you.

My guess is the pricing for the luxury suites and premium seats will be the highest ever seen. But as you say there will be lower priced PSL's available if sales aren't brisk. In fact IMO he's going to offer some of them up front.

It's going to be interesting to see how the brokers react after losing their asses on PSL's in the 49ers stadium. They may drive the bargain market and shy away from premium seats.

EastRam

Pro Bowler

My guess is the pricing for the luxury suites and premium seats will be the highest ever seen. But as you say there will be lower priced PSL's available if sales aren't brisk. In fact IMO he's going to offer some of them up front.

It's going to be interesting to see how the brokers react after losing their asses on PSL's in the 49ers stadium. They may drive the bargain market and shy away from premium seats.

100,000 for the Rams and 75,000 for the Chargers premium
Seats.

Which is lower than Jerry World which was going for 150,000

But still. To go to a football game is freaking stupid.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...in-New-Stadium-for-Hefty-Price-476094663.html

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Hate to say I told you so..... but from Vinny B's article today...

Los Angeles fans have been bracing for the worst while awaiting the Rams and Chargers seat license pricing plan for the $2.6 billion stadium they’ll eventually share in Inglewood.

They might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Beginning this week, the Rams and Chargers are each making their 13,000 premier club seats situated primarily in the lower bowl of the stadium available to their current season-ticket holders. And with them their SSL pricing. Granted the high point is way up there – $100,000 for the Rams and $75,000 for the Chargers on their 500 exclusive all-access seats. But it’s not Cowboys expensive.

And based on the low point for club seat pricing – $15,000 for the Rams and $10,000 for the Chargers – one thing is clear: The SSL’s for the vast majority of season seats for both clubs – or roughly 75 percent of the stadium’s 70,0000 capacity – will be under $15,000 dollar

The Rams and Chargers will announce season ticket and SSL pricing for non club seating at a later date, but based on their premium seat pricing some season tickets could come with an SSL price as little as $500 to $1,000.

That's what I meant by Reasonably Priced...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Stay tuned.