Stadium update article

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I disagree.... The price for season tickets for the Los Angeles Rams today are the same as they were for St Louis Rams in 2015 in the dome.

They aren't going to stay that way.

Stan Kroenke committing to a privately funded stadium in Inglewood means a couple of things. Although Kroenke is spending a lot of money himself, the stadium, and the overall development provides him with numerous revenue sources that literally no other sports team owner has ever had access to related to a stadium project. Kroenke as the team owner but also the primary developer in the overall project means that the residential, commercial, and entertainment venues all in the overall project are revenue producers for him and his partners. The advertising and naming rights opportunities are also unique here because you have a canopy over the stadium that is seen by literally thousands of people a day coming into one of the busiest airports in the world. You already have a commitment for the Final Four, the PAC 12 Championship football game, BCS Championship football Game, The Summer Olympics, ....the Chargers are leasing the stadium for basically nothing, but the revenues generated on their game days are split with Kroenke, there is talk that UCLA boosters will buy out the Rose Bowl lease, and UCLA football will move to Inglewood......

This stadium doesn't really have anything that other stadiums have as far as revenue streams. IIRC the stadium is a separate project and even if it wasn't the fact that office buildings and town homes and retail stores are there doesn't have anything to do with selling sponsorships in and on the stadium. Domes often have logos on top so this stadium isn't unique in that fashion. Mercedes is on two I believe.

I don't recall the arrangement for concessions but I think Spanos gets the concessions, and sells his own sponsorships and luxury boxes and that's his money.

Other events at the venue won't have anything to do with how PSL's are priced and how game day tickets are priced. Or for that matter concessions and parking or anything else. Kroenke is in this for the money and will charge the highest amount he possibly can.

Buying out the Rose Bowl lease would probably cost the equivalent to some nations GDP since they sell out and the concessions are parking are gigantic. Good luck with that UCLA boosters..........if they do that how will they be able to pay players to play for UCLA??? Ha had to get that in based on the FBI stuff.

There is a ton of revenue sources involved in this .... unique to this project, and haven't available to other stadium projects... All that tells us that the role of PSLs is drastically different with this stadium than other newer stadiums. Other newer stadiums rely on PSLs as part of the overall financing of a stadium project being built....it's a PRIMARY revenue source that is needed to progress through the process of getting a stadium built. PSLs aren't playing that role at all in Inglewood That PSL revenue along with whatever amount of public money are part of the FRONT end of the financing to build those other stadiums. Again...not in Inglewood... and as I mentioned those other stadiums don't have the number and variety of revenue sources involved....

Again there really isn't anything unique to this. And the role of PSL's has nothing to do with their pricing. Only what they get used for, as you say their role. With the amount of money being spent on new stadiums the PSL sales recover that to varying degrees..........this stadium venture is no different. It's a for profit affair.

all that points to the PSLs in Inglewood being reasonably priced.

I can assure you they price the PSL's and tickets at the very highest dollar amount they possible can.

And it won't be a reasonable cost.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
They aren't going to stay that way.

Ok... so my point is that they could have raised prices at any time up until now, and the fact that they haven't kind of disproves your point that ticket prices are just set to the "highest dollar amount" they could possibly be raised to.

that hasn't happened yet, and if you were right..it would have already happened.

This stadium doesn't really have anything that other stadiums have as far as revenue streams. IIRC the stadium is a separate project and even if it wasn't the fact that office buildings and town homes and retail stores are there doesn't have anything to do with selling sponsorships in and on the stadium. Domes often have logos on top so this stadium isn't unique in that fashion. Mercedes is on two I believe.

You're not recalling correctly at all.
Inglewood-description.jpg

This ENTIRE development... not just the stadium within the development..but the ENTIRE development is owned by the Hollywood Park Land Development Company..of which the Kroenke Group is the primary developer.

Kroenke owns not just the stadium..but the entire district ...just the 2,500 residential units...at California Real Estate prices...... I mean just that we're talking about some substantial revenue for Kroenke.

There literally isn't and has never been a sports team owner who was involved in a "stadium" project for his team that involved this scale of a development that he is also the primary developer for.

It's never happened..

I don't recall the arrangement for concessions but I think Spanos gets the concessions, and sells his own sponsorships and luxury boxes and that's his money.

There is only an arrangement for the Charger games played there. But "Stan's Money" is literally the entire development....and all of the events ..Olympics...final four....and scores of other events..

ALL of that is "Stan's Money"

Other events at the venue won't have anything to do with how PSL's are priced and how game day tickets are priced. Or for that matter concessions and parking or anything else. Kroenke is in this for the money and will charge the highest amount he possibly can.

This is a Privately Funded stadium project and overall development. ALL....not some...but ALL other stadium projects have been a combination of public money..private money....and PSL money is on the front end of the actual building of the stadium....

as a privately funded project..within a development that Kroenke is the primary developer of...the role of PSLs is completely different when compared to other stadium projects.

Stan Kroenke is going to make plenty of money off of Olympics...Final Fours....NCAA Championship football.... not just on the events..but the revenue from the overall development.... PSL money isn't as high on the list of revenue for ownership here....

He's not going to price out the common fan.... not just because that would be horrible business to do so in a place that was without the NFL for 20 years..where you are literally building a fan base.... but Kroenke doesn't have to ratchet up the PSL pricing ...sure your corporate suites and prime seating with have hefty PSL prices...but for the common fan it's not going to be ridiculous...

the Stadium in Santa Cruz ....with all those empty seats.... had some pretty high PSL prices..because THEY NEEDED THAT MONEY TO BUILD THE STADIUM.....

not here.

Buying out the Rose Bowl lease would probably cost the equivalent to some nations GDP since they sell out and the concessions are parking are gigantic. Good luck with that UCLA boosters..........if they do that how will they be able to pay players to play for UCLA??? Ha had to get that in based on the FBI stuff.

Not at all. Pasadena doesn't make that much off of UCLA being there... the residents really don't want them there. It wouldn't be that difficult at all..

and UCLA is not part of the FBI investigations at all...

you see when you have a prestigious campus in beautiful Southern California...you don't have to pay guys to come here...

similar to the NFL returning to LA.... we didn't have to put up Public money.... we've shown the value of the region. No other region supports more pro and big time college sports programs than the LA region.

if you maintain your value.....they will come.

Again there really isn't anything unique to this. And the role of PSL's has nothing to do with their pricing. Only what they get used for, as you say their role. With the amount of money being spent on new stadiums the PSL sales recover that to varying degrees..........this stadium venture is no different. It's a for profit affair.

I can assure you they price the PSL's and tickets at the very highest dollar amount they possible can.

And it won't be a reasonable cost.

I've noted all of the numerous ways this privately funded stadium within this huge privately funded development is completely different than any other stadium related project ever built..

completely unique situation

PSL pricing will be reasonable....that's not saying it will be cheap...but it will not price out the fans who have been spending money in the coliseum the last 2 years will continue to do so the next 2.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ok... so my point is that they could have raised prices at any time up until now, and the fact that they haven't kind of disproves your point that ticket prices are just set to the "highest dollar amount" they could possibly be raised to.

that hasn't happened yet, and if you were right..it would have already happened.

Well maybe they are already priced at the amount they can get.

Keep in mind this team has been shit for years and years. It's not like the Rams have been a huge draw.

Even last year.

Kroenke owns not just the stadium..but the entire district ...just the 2,500 residential units...at California Real Estate prices...... I mean just that we're talking about some substantial revenue for Kroenke.

There literally isn't and has never been a sports team owner who was involved in a "stadium" project for his team that involved this scale of a development that he is also the primary developer for.

It's never happened..

All the stuff on the periphery has nothing to do with the stadium. Nothing to do with the sales of merchandise and tickets and PSL's and if you think because they are making loads of money on that end that they will lower prices on the other your hoping for something that has not yet happened.

I've noted all of the numerous ways this privately funded stadium within this huge privately funded development is completely different than any other stadium related project ever built..

It's not that different than what got built in STL next to the Cardinals new stadium. And this really isn't a one of a kind thing. It's the biggest and newest.

Which ALWAYS means most expensive. And it's in LA, already expensive.

Look at what Jerruh is doing with his practice facility.

I'm sorry but you are wrong, this is not a new concept or idea. It's been done in other cities.

PSL pricing will be reasonable....

Yes, because Kroenke and his partners are benevolent and want you to enjoy yourself for a fair price.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm sorry but you are wrong, this is not a new concept or idea. It's been done in other cities.

Gotta disagree with you there Les, Jerry Jones privately funded his stadium along with Robert Kraft, however, those are the exceptions, not the rule. Atlanta & Minnesota was subsidized by public funding along with every other stadium constructed in the last several years. Now Enos Stanley Kroenke footing the whole bill on his own without raising taxes in a State that has the highest taxes, is quite impressive and it's also why that Alexander Gus Spanos is now his bitch.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Gotta disagree with you there Les, Jerry Jones privately funded his stadium along with Robert Kraft, however, those are the exceptions, not the rule. Atlanta & Minnesota was subsidized by public funding along with every other stadium constructed in the last several years. Now Enos Stanley Kroenke footing the whole bill on his own without raising taxes in a State that has the highest taxes, is quite impressive and it's also why that Alexander Gus Spanos is now his bitch.
AT&T stadium is owned by the city of Arlington but Gillette Stadium is 100% owned by the Kraft Group.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’m wondering if they are going to go with the NFL shield at midfield or are they going to swap out team logos for home games? I really want to see the HORNS at midfield.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Well maybe they are already priced at the amount they can get.

Keep in mind this team has been crap for years and years. It's not like the Rams have been a huge draw.

Even last year.

All the more reason to keep the ticket pricing reasonable while establishing your foothold in a region that hasn't had the NFL in 20 years, and already had multiple historic franchises in multiple sports.

All the stuff on the periphery has nothing to do with the stadium. Nothing to do with the sales of merchandise and tickets and PSL's and if you think because they are making loads of money on that end that they will lower prices on the other your hoping for something that has not yet happened.

The revenue sources for the owner of the team...who is also the developer of the overall project are completely different than any other team owner who has recently built a stadium.

I've already listed the various ways that its different.

Not sure why you're so determined to say that Stan Kroenke, a man who has literally made billions of dollars, why on earth he would set up pricing that would cause his business to be unsuccessful.

There is a way to run a successful franchise here in Los Angeles. It's been done many times by some pretty famous sports team owners.

I'm pretty certain that Stan Kroenke will operate in that same manner. Part of the reason for that confidence is the various moves he's made to get the Rams back here in the first place. We don't do public money for sports stadiums out here...and have obviously been more than willing to go without an NFL team if it meant giving public money to a guy like Dean Spanos. The ONLY way the NFL was returning to Los Angeles was with a privately funded stadium, and the 2nd richest owner in the NFL not only had LA's historic Pro Football franchise, but he had the resources and the business acumen to put a project together that would be worth it for him to build a privately funded stadium.

THAT is why the small city that he's developing around the stadium is important. It's one of the primary reasons all this is possible as a privately funded venture. Because he sure the hell isn't going to make it profitable from public funds and outrageous PSL prices... It doesn't work like that out here... and we have numerous pro sport examples of that.

It's not that different than what got built in STL next to the Cardinals new stadium. And this really isn't a one of a kind thing. It's the biggest and newest.

Which ALWAYS means most expensive. And it's in LA, already expensive.

Look at what Jerruh is doing with his practice facility.

um...yeah...

basic difference with what's around the dome and the Inglewood project is that Stan Kroenke owned neither the Dome, nor what was around it.. Public money paid for the Dome.....and it will continue to pay for the dome for some time to come..

but I'll make it easy...

hw0lk1.jpg

So if it's just like all the other stadiums.... go ahead and show me...google some pictures...post a description of ....

The column on the right..

Owner of the team that plays in the stadium...

Builds the stadium privately funded (NO public money)....

Builds the surrounding development.....

and said development has the following:

60K seat performing arts venue...

890K sq. Feet of retail space...

300 Hotel Rooms...

25K modern residential units...

Corporate office space.....

All of that....

1 owner of a team that also owns the stadium and a surrounding development with all that listed..

So please...If I'm wrong...name the specific situation that fits the bill....

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That would make it not unique and one of a kind.

And I know some people like to say Spanos is his "bitch" but that is MILES from the truth. Spanos essentially got a free stadium to sell sponsorships and luxury boxes into. Not a dime out of his pocket, and 1 dollar a year. It would be more accurate to say the NFL was SPanos's bitch since they held Kroenke's feet to the fire and told him he had to take the Raiders or Chargers.

Spanos is a BIG winner here..........his franchise value went up in the event he wants to sell and he has a stadium where he can sell a shit-tom more dollars worth or suite and sponsorships.

Not sure why you're so determined to say that Stan Kroenke, a man who has literally made billions of dollars, why on earth he would set up pricing that would cause his business to be unsuccessful.

Two things.

He's made billions and not by not charging as much as he could get.

And I never said he would charge an amount that would make his business unsuccessful, you are not listening. I said he will charge as much as he can and it will be BIG money for PSL's and tickets, they won't be "affordable" or "modestly priced" or anything of that sort. They will be expensive, probably the most expensive we have ever seen.

He's not the benevolent dude you think he is and he is in the business of fleecing his local fanbases for as much as he possibly can.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Spanos is a BIG winner here..........his franchise value went up in the event he wants to sell and he has a stadium where he can sell a crap-tom more dollars worth or suite and sponsorships.

We can agree to disagree, Spanos has always felt entitled and he's a first class jackass, sorry Les, no love for Spanos and all that ESK has done is bring football back to Los Angeles all on his dime, in the end, history will forget about Spanos and revere ESK, IMHO, and I also believe in the end, the Rams will win more than the Chargers.

Alex Spanos your classic chadrule and always a day late and a dollar short!

A little joke for Alex Spanos and his entourage.

Last edited:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We can agree to disagree, Spanos has always felt entitled and he's a first class jackass, sorry Les, no love for Spanos and all that ESK has done is bring football back to Los Angeles all on his dime, in the end, history will forget about Spanos and revere ESK, IMHO, and I also believe in the end, the Rams will win more than the Chargers.

Alex Spanos your classic chadrule and always a day late and a dollar short!

A little joke for Alex Spanos and his entourage.

I agree with you here, he is a turd a complete turd. He is in the group of predatory owners who fuck over fanbases for the opportunity to make more and more millions. Out of the group of 32 pigs that are owners he is among the worst.

But he is not in any way shape or form anyone's bitch.

Also..........

Kroenke is not bringing football back "all on his dime". He is getting massive tax breaks from Inglewood, money from the NFL, and will get zillions from PSL's.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kroenke is not bringing football back "all on his dime". He is getting massive tax breaks from Inglewood, money from the NFL, and will get zillions from PSL's.

It's an investment Les, it takes money to make money, but he's been the first owner to offer up a Stadium in Southern California without public financing, at the very minimum Les, you have to give him that. Also maybe I was just sour of having a Spanosesque owner in Georgia Frontiere, I'm just pleased the owner of the Los Angeles Rams mouth can write a check that his ass can cash!

nighttrain

Legend
It's an investment Les, it takes money to make money, but he's been the first owner to offer up a Stadium in Southern California without public financing, at the very minimum Les, you have to give him that. Also maybe I was just sour of having a Spanosesque owner in Georgia Frontiere, I'm just pleased the owner of the Los Angeles Rams mouth can write a check that his ass can cash!
ehhhh, Dodger Stadium and a guy named Walter O'Malley

train

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
ehhhh, Dodger Stadium and a guy named Walter O'Malley

train

Football Stadium, but I stand corrected...Still the best real estate deal in the history of the Untied States...Many will debate the Louisiana Purchase or Manhattan Island, but IMO, the best Real Estate Deal in American History was Walter O'Malley getting 400,000 acres of land in Southern California for nothing! It was his for just moving his Brooklyn Dodgers to Los Angeles.

nighttrain

Legend
Football Stadium, but I stand corrected...Still the best real estate deal in the history of the Untied States...Many will debate the Louisiana Purchase or Manhattan Island, but IMO, the best Real Estate Deal in American History was Walter O'Malley getting 400,000 acres of land in Southern California for nothing! It was his for just moving his Brooklyn Dodgers to Los Angeles.
winner winner chicken dinner

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m wondering if they are going to go with the NFL shield at midfield or are they going to swap out team logos for home games? I really want to see the HORNS at midfield.
These are the important questions. No sarcasm.

Everything i've seen and heard is that we're going to get the shield [bleh]
There's no good reason they can't paint the field every week....but like every thing else these days it's probably linked to money and licensing.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
That would make it not unique and one of a kind.

And I know some people like to say Spanos is his "bitch" but that is MILES from the truth. Spanos essentially got a free stadium to sell sponsorships and luxury boxes into. Not a dime out of his pocket, and 1 dollar a year. It would be more accurate to say the NFL was SPanos's bitch since they held Kroenke's feet to the fire and told him he had to take the Raiders or Chargers.

Spanos is a BIG winner here..........his franchise value went up in the event he wants to sell and he has a stadium where he can sell a crap-tom more dollars worth or suite and sponsorships.

wouldn't call Spanos a winner.. He's able to piggyback on an owner who actually had the resources to make something happen in LA...which he didn't.

but as with the sparse crowds in a stadium that doesn't even hold 30K.... there is no real Charger fan base in Los Angeles....and Spanos knows that..which is why he back out of a deal to share the Coliseum because he knew that he'd be embarrassed by the much larger Rams crowds.

Spanos is paying next to nothing to share a stadium with a team that is much more popular in the city than his team. Valuation did go up...but he's playing a major 2nd fiddle...

Two things.

He's made billions and not by not charging as much as he could get.

And I never said he would charge an amount that would make his business unsuccessful, you are not listening. I said he will charge as much as he can and it will be BIG money for PSL's and tickets, they won't be "affordable" or "modestly priced" or anything of that sort. They will be expensive, probably the most expensive we have ever seen.

He's not the benevolent dude you think he is and he is in the business of fleecing his local fanbases for as much as he possibly can.

actually it's you that isn't listening... I never said that Kroenke was "benevolent" ...never used the term "modestly priced" or "affordable" ...

I said they would be REASONABLY PRICED.... Which means that he isn't going to set a pricing standard that would make the endeavor unsuccessful.....

it's not going to be cheap....

but Kroenke is playing by the rules of Los Angeles....The template for success here is pretty established.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These are the important questions. No sarcasm.

Everything i've seen and heard is that we're going to get the shield [bleh]
There's no good reason they can't paint the field every week....but like every thing else these days it's probably linked to money and licensing.

6FF40CA1-441D-4C3F-98DF-64BF62D279D5.gif

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
As long as the seats are a Rams color (not freaking red), I will be happy. Everything else is icing.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Spanos is paying next to nothing to share a stadium with a team that is much more popular in the city than his team. Valuation did go up...but he's playing a major 2nd fiddle...

He's making millions upon millions a year.........he doesn't care what anyone thinks.

We'll see about "reasonable"...........I think I'd wager it won't be close.

I think it's funny that people say Spanos is Kroeke's "bitch".

If your coworker built a luxury home and you got to live in it rent free who would be the "bitch"?