St. Louis Cardinals Discussion Thread.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, the season looks to be a bust. A lot of players (Jack Flaherty, Yadier Molina, Jordan Hicks, Tyler O'Neill, Harrison Bader, Paul DeJong, and many many others) have been injured, including almost all of our starting rotation (we literally have only four starters left in the Major League system, not that Miles Mikolas and Carlos Martinez have been any good), and only Johan Oviedo, Jake Woodford, and Angel Rondon are on the 40 man roster and not injured. Matthew Liberatore and Zack Thompson aren't ready yet. I don't want to see Wade LeBlanc, Brandon Waddell, Justin Miller, or Luis Garcia pitch another game for us, but they're the best we have. And to top it all off, Nolan Arenado may end up opting out.

But there are a lot of bright spots. Alex Reyes is one of the best closers in baseball (although they may end up shutting him down to preserve his arm, which, given the state of this year, I hope they do, and he becomes a starter next year.). O'Neill has emerged in left, while Dylan Carlson continues to grow and show potential from the leadoff spot with his power, speed, and approach. Flaherty was pitching extremely well before the injury during an at bat (that's why I want a DH, mostly; I'm sick of seeing pitchers get hurt during at bats and running bases). Oviedo's pitched well, but hasn't gotten a win at the Major League level yet. Ryan Helsley and Genesis Cabrera are flamethrowers out of the pen, and if Hicks comes back healthy and we add some good players in relief (maybe Thompson next year?), we could end up having a solid pen.

And then we have the prospects! The fact that Liberatore and Thompson are already at Triple-A Memphis is awesome. Gorman killed it in Double-A Springfield and is currently killing it in Triple-A. Jordan Walker, at nineteen, has been an absolute revelation. He outhit Low-A Palm Beach (a hard park to hit at) and is currently crushing High-A Peoria. Nick Plummer and Delvin Perez, our first round picks in 2015 and 2016, are dominating Double-A. Ivan Herrera, the catcher of the future has started most of the games at Double-A, and while he hasn't been hitting well, he's walked a lot, and has been rock-solid defensively. Alec Burleson's hit across two leagues and been nothing short of amazing. Malcom Nunez has regained the form of his Triple-Crown winning in the Dominican League, and has been great. Edwin Nunez, a nineteen-year-old flamethrower from the DR, has started in Low-A, along with left-handed pitcher (and overall strikeout leader) Levi Prater and two-way player (though only shortstop this year) Masyn Winn. Jhon Torres, Tink Hence, Tre Fletcher, Brady Whalen, Juan Yepez, Michael YaSenka, Lars Nootbaar, Brendan Donovan, Todd Lott, Andre Pallante, Connor Thomas, the list literally goes on and on.

And then there's the first two picks of the draft (if we sign them): Michael McGreevy and Joshua Baez, both of whom are great prospects. I don't know what'll happen at the trade deadline, but the future is bright.

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still early Mems.

It's July, and the Brewers are eight games ahead. And we've had too many injuries, especially to the starting rotation and bullpen; guys like Wade LeBlanc are starting for us, and even with the bodies we have, it's not enough to field a competitive rotation.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
DBBD559A-61C9-45FC-8A0C-8AB80F5E9D92.gif

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I live close to St.Louis and you should see the looks I get when I tell people I hate baseball and fuck the cardinals. Lol it's a sin. Cardinal fans think they are the best fans in baseball. I love fucking with them.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I live close to St.Louis and you should see the looks I get when I tell people I hate baseball and fuck the cardinals. Lol it's a sin. Cardinal fans think they are the best fans in baseball. I love fucking with them.

But we are, Juggs. How many other places would cheer for a visiting home run like we did for Albert, like we did for Griffey Jr.'s 500th on Father's Day? How many would acknowledge an excellent defensive play from an opposing team? We're not just passionate about our Cardinals; we're passionate about the sport, period.

Of course, the Cards aren't my favorite team in sports; that would be the Rams, followed by the Blues. But I love the sport, and I love the team even more.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Nice 4th Innings for the Cards there ...

Ledger back to 47-47

I still don't think we catch the Brewers/Reds unless they both collapse, and we're tied with the Cubs, but I have more hope than I did.

Also, Joshua Baez signed for a price less than I thought he'd get.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So far I haven’t read a single Cards fan is happy with your GM. You the exception?

Memento

Name
Jemma
So far I haven’t read a single Cards fan is happy with your GM. You the exception?

Honestly? I think we could do a hell of a lot worse than Mozeliak. Yes, he's made some absolutely stupid moves (extending Carpenter, the Ozuna trade), but he's also really helped build up our farm system (under Jocketty, our farm system was consistently the worst, and now I'd gladly put them top five) , and he's made some really shrewd trades (Arenado, Goldschmidt, Liberatore).

And given the Lester and Happ trades that just happened, where we gave up literally nothing to get them (Gant walks far too many people, Lane Thomas is a AAAA outfielder, and Sisk is just a guy), I'd say that I'm fine with Mozeliak.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope they lose for the next hundred years.
They have a very nice farm system thanks to this week. Not a lot of to end taken but they traded for a guy from the Padres for example. He was 8th on their list he’s 29th for the Cubs.

Most fan bases would agree a title is worth everything and they can handle some listing if they get one. Them and the Nats are going to be put to that test.

Memento

Name
Jemma
They have a very nice farm system thanks to this week. Not a lot of to end taken but they traded for a guy from the Padres for example. He was 8th on their list he’s 29th for the Cubs.

Most fan bases would agree a title is worth everything and they can handle some listing if they get one. Them and the Nats are going to be put to that test.

They do have a nice farm, but I still hope they lose for the next hundred years.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They do have a nice farm, but I still hope they lose for the next hundred years.
I hope everybody not named the Dodgers do that especially those guys in SF.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I hope everybody not named the Dodgers do that especially those guys in SF.

This is a St. Louis Cardinals discussion! You have a whole Dodgers thread to say this in!

Kidding. :p Still, I disagree. The Cardinals will remain the NL WS record holder (as I don't think anyone beats the Yankees).

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
This is a St. Louis Cardinals discussion! You have a whole Dodgers thread to say this in!

Kidding. :p Still, I disagree. The Cardinals will remain the NL WS record holder (as I don't think anyone beats the Yankees).
We could trade you the two best players on the planet...honestly I wish we could but then Shohei ( as an NLr) would have to decide if he wants to be an OFr (which I promise you he can) or a full time pitcher.

If it were me, I’d go pitcher, he could be upper top tier

Trout and Ohtani would be legends with a great organization

Last edited:

Memento

Name
Jemma
YADI"S BACK!!!

One year extension.