Songs that literally irritate you

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Every mumble rap song ever created. Hell, everything i consider "rap". I only listen to hip-hop (yes, there is a difference).
Auto-tune will make me wretch every time I hear it.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe someone else mentioned it. The night Chicago died. And songs like Shannon and Seasons in the Sun. But let us not forget what I call artist overload. Three come to mind. John Denver the mid to late 70s, The Bee Gees mid 70s thru the 80s and Michel Jackson's Thriller. Now I like all three of these artists. . But there was a time when you could not escape them. Oh and that song Honey. Sets my teeth on edge. You music experts may have to look that one up.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Auto-tune will make me wretch every time I hear it.

Funny you mention autotune. Recently I bought one called NewTone for my recording setup. It's purpose is to bring flat and sharp notes back to the proper pitch. Why anyone would purposely fluctuate their voice to make that horrible autotune sound is beyond me.

Legend has it that the hideous Cher is responsible for that. Of course. Who else would it be?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0chD8U8fA

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Funny you mention autotune. Recently I bought one called NewTone for my recording setup. It's purpose is to bring flat and sharp notes back to the proper pitch. Why anyone would purposely fluctuate their voice to make that horrible autotune sound is beyond me.

Legend has it that the hideous Cher is responsible for that. Of course. Who else would it be?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4p0chD8U8fA

I used to rip on my friends who liked this garbage: So do you believe in life after love?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Brandy belongs with Seasons in the Sun

Hurts my head.

My wife says that I haven’t listened to popular music since 1992!

Sports radio took over about then.

Not an Eagles fan either.

The wife hates Sammy Hagar, in case anyone gives a shit.

LOL

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I believe someone else mentioned it. The night Chicago died. And songs like Shannon and Seasons in the Sun. But let us not forget what I call artist overload. Three come to mind. John Denver the mid to late 70s, The Bee Gees mid 70s thru the 80s and Michel Jackson's Thriller. Now I like all three of these artists. . But there was a time when you could not escape them. Oh and that song Honey. Sets my teeth on edge. You music experts may have to look that one up.

Seasons in the Sun - yes!
All those songs remind me of being in back of the metallic pea station wagon without a seat belt going to the drive in movies to see Airplane

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
For me, the song that gives me a twitch is “Imagine” by Lennon.

It took me a second to get it, and I can understand someone with your faith not liking it. But overall the structure and sentiment are excellent. Most of the song has the feel of asking questions, posing different ideas about how to think of the world.

If you look at it that way it's different.

Not an Eagles fan either.

I never understood why they gained the ginormous popularity that they did.

I always found them mostly boring and unimaginative.

No but close. The song is called Honey (I miss you). The first time you hear it you want to puke. If you hear it twice you want to blow your brains out .

Post it? :neener:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
It took me a second to get it, and I can understand someone with your faith not liking it. But overall the structure and sentiment are excellent. Most of the song has the feel of asking questions, posing different ideas about how to think of the world.

If you look at it that way it's different.
Yeah, I considered that, Les. I'm sure it's partly that I am a Christian. "Imagine there's no heaven..." but also, I generally think the song is irritating, and the sentiment, "Imagine there's no Countries, no possessions" etc. is nauseating and naïve.

How's this for a fresh entry. I'll dive for the knob and crash my car into a tree, to avoid this one invading my brain:

View: https://youtu.be/EK_LN3XEcnw

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron

It wouldnt be bad if he didnt repeat lyrics 876976897689768976755426534265 times. Annoys the fuck out of me

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

It wouldnt be bad if he didnt repeat lyrics 876976897689768976755426534265 times. Annoys the freak out of me

That's pretty much every Lenny Kravitz song, except American Woman which he didn't write. However I think that one might also be repetitive. I don't remember.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's pretty much every Lenny Kravitz song, except American Woman which he didn't write. However I think that one might also be repetitive. I don't remember.
it is horribly repetitive as well