Songs that literally irritate you

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was thinking about this today as I was driving (which I do 40% of the day). There are songs that, when they come on the radio, make me LUNGE toward the tune or preset buttons before I hear more than the first 3 notes I already heard. Besides *everything* by REO Speedwagon, this song takes the cake for me. It actually changes my countenance when I hear the first chord. :mad:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz61YQWZuYU

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Billy Ray Cyrus- “Achy Breaky Heart”

No, I won't post the video lest anyone here has their ears tortured by accidentally hearing it. I'm a mild-mannered guy for the most part but this song makes me want to punch things.

giphy.gif

True story: when this abomination first came out, I was a plumber's apprentice. The man that was training me had a pickup truck with a cassette player. He had a tape of this crappy song and the first time he played it I told him how much I hated it. Big mistake on my part.

Being the sadistic troll this guy was, he played it over and over every day just to piss me off. I only made it a month because homicidal thoughts kept popping into my fizzing brain. He won, I lost.

5c00a360068e2587883924.gif

But the guy had a mullet so I'm guessing the universe got even with him at some point.

A close second: any song sung by that evil witch Cher. :mad:

giphy.gif

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
My list is way too long. I'm very binary about my music. I pretty much love music (Pink Floyd) or I hate it all and can't stand it (Train, Third Eye Blind, Paul McCartney).

I can just barely stand my wife's country music, but when she tries for late 90's early 00's alternative, I lose it.

Oooh, wait. One that bugs me more than anything else Zombie by the Cranberries. I hate that song. I almost uninstalled Pandora for playing it once. Turns out it was a commercial for something else. I was very upset.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The list is WAY too long. My Sharona is a huge one for me. But there are just so many that used to make me wanna punch the tuner buttons. Now I just plug in my phone or listen to talk radio.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Girl Crush by Little Big Town. As a lesbian transwoman, I find it highly offensive and annoying. It didn't help that my then-roommate played country music that kept me up every night for two weeks. It played at least three times every fucking night.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anything by Bruce Springsteen.
And living in New Jersey I hear way too much of it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Now I just plug in my phone or listen to talk radio.
Don't forget to take your Relief Factor before going to sleep on your My Pillow.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Most songs by Journey and Aeorosmith, to borrow a phrase from my mother-in-law they're schlocky.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Manic Monday /Bengals
Tainted love / Soft cell.
As @Prime Time posted, Achy Breaky Heart
Everything by Big and Rich.

Too many others to list, but so far we're at a pretty good start

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That song doesn't bother me so much (reminds me of high school), and Marilyn Manson does a nice rendition.
I didnt care for it much when it 1st came out. It didn't bother me though. It has been so played over over the course of 30 plus years though. To the point where I actually hate it.
There is some great music from the period. Bands like Psychadelic Furs, Love and Rockets, Peter Murphy, The Cult.
All of which get pushed aside for a shit band like soft cell.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

This plays EVERYWHERE. And the girls have ultimate cringe dance moves (except for Gal Gadot).

Any other guy that makes a video like this would be seen as a creep. But not if Adam Levine does it!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Tron!! Say it ain't so!
Man, I hate that song too.
Most people I know hate it and i send them youtube videos of the song to annoy them lol. I dont know why but I have always liked it.