So Now that Watkins is Headed for the Chiefs...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I knew someone would pay him the franchise tag salary over several years. Bummer. I was hoping we could lure him back

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I disagree that KC is loaded , media can say all they want about mahomes but he is a rookie qb .
Ok.....you don't like the KC offense....your prerogative...Just take a peek at their first 8-9 games in 2017...

And he's not a rookie....don't care that he didn't play....he's a 2nd year player.

Should be interesting side note to track during the season.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
There was a stat posted on another site showing WR’s being covered by top corners. Woods was third on the list of top 10at 41%, Sammy wasn’t on the list.

Maybe because defenses had their 2nd corner and a FS for Sammy while using their top CB one on one with woods. Right now id have my 2nd corner and a safety on woods with my top CB one on one with kupp and my 3rd CB on josh

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Maybe because defenses had their 2nd corner and a FS for Sammy while using their top CB one on one with woods. Right now id have my 2nd corner and a safety on woods with my top CB one on one with kupp and my 3rd CB on josh

I'll take that all day long. Kupp will be better in year 2, and he can get open against just about anyone.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'll take that all day long. Kupp will be better in year 2, and he can get open against just about anyone.

Yeah kupp is great at getting open but lining up against a teams top CB all game wouldn't be happenning with someone like Sammy on the field so whatever we think kupp can do against every teams top corner just imagine if he never saw that guy. In this situation I think kupp has a very hard time improving his production.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I'd like to see us pivot in FA now. Resign Nickel Robey. Pursue a NT, ILB possibly. All doable in FA. That way we can focus on OLB, WR and Oline in the draft.

I expect the Rams were looking to pay 14-15 mill this year for Watkins. That can definitely get us some second tier FAs this year.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'd be happy with using that Sammy money on Williamson and Graham then dropping a few spots to land LVE and moving up to take settle in the 2nd round. Oh....and praying like hell that josh makes an impact.

jap

Legend
Sammy: "SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

Aaron: "After I get my very healthy cut, Bro. Nothing personal at all!"

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I'm looking at D.J. Chalk - LSU - 6ft 3 / 187 /4.34 40 Time in the 3rd-4th round!!(y);)

I wouldnt mind this at all. This guy is probably the best vertical WR in the draft. He can fly! I wonder if he raised himself into the 2nd round though after his combine?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We played a last place schedule.

Despite going 11-5, the average winning percentage of the Rams' opponents in 2017 was .504. As usual, they had a tougher than usual schedule. I'm not panicked by a "First Place Schedule" in 2018.

The Seahawks opponents averaged .492. That's despite having to play the Rams twice.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
At the end of the day, we are fine. Our team has been making moves toeards a Super Bowl run NOW! You don't think they would of let SW walk if he was an intricate part of that plan do you? Trust the plan even though you don't know what it is because we are ascending to elite status.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Not worried one bit. If McVay could take an offense that was one of the worst in history and turn it into the the #1 offense in the NFL, how can we not have faith? They don't need SW

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmmmm....maybe....but I doubt it.
KC won the division in 2016....Just like 2017...They played a #1 type schedule in 2017 too. They were one of the most exciting teams in early 2017....With what some call a limited QB....

Reid wasn't happy with the offense and drafted a QB high, and plan to play him in 2018.

Our offense took the league by storm....We played a last place schedule....Over our final 6 games we played better teams...better defenses...Our offense slowed down. In the playoffs we played an outstanding secondary/pass defense....We we contained rather easily....Sammy hardly touched the ball. We will play a 1st place schedule in 2019.

Really???
Hill is a great weapon....KR, PR...and wideout.

Sammy is a excellent wr.....Runs routes and has speed and power....Some of the best hands in the game.

I don't think it's close at the moment....Sammy is an ALL-Pro talent....Hill is an exciting weapon.
Andy Reid believes.....I believe too. Dude looked great in preseason...pretty good in the one game he started too.
We did not play a last place schedule last year. Niners were last we took 3rd.
Also I hope we play a first place schedule in 2019, that means back to back division titles.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
So we only average 26 pts per game.
With the CB additions we made were only gonna give up 10 a game ;)

Ram65

Legend
Sorry I'm a little late to the funeral. There was a 99.99% chance that Sammy was leaving the Rams.

I'm sure the Rams knew it too. One thing about Snead and Company is they will have alternate plans now. Trey Burton is a nice possibility. I know he is not the same as having Sammy Watkins. He also won't cost 16 Million a year for three years. Rams can't pay everyone. Donald, Gurley and Goff have to get paid soon.

I wish it was a trade and sign deal for Watkins last year or even an in season extension. Sammy didn't have a great start so that extension never happened. I wonder if Snead and McVay would do it over again? For me the trade had positives and negatives which kind of even out depending how you want to look at it.

Looking forward the Rams have Mike Thomas, 3 catches 75 yards last game of the season, to compete for Sammy's snaps. They also have Josh Reynolds last years rookie wideout with great upside potential. Good competition which should make both players better. Mike Thomas was the early camp star until he got suspended early last year. These two should fill some of the Sammy void. It's still really early in the off season. Rams could sign Burton who along with a year's experience should improve the TE group. Moves are still to be made.

A big defensive improvement is important to can keep the Rams moving forward. So far so good.