So Now that Watkins is Headed for the Chiefs...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Chark's gonna go by the 2nd round.

This FA WR class is gonna put a premium on WRs and push RBs down even further...

I mean LeVeon Bell fighting to make $14M and Sammy Watkins just got $16M.

How does that make any sense?
There are a lot of Good WR's and RB's in this years Draft to pick from!

Watkins got waaaay over paid, and I think Reid will pay for it! JMHO

LeVeon Bell has made it clear he wants to get Paid, not just RB money, but for his WR talents too, plus he want to drive the Value of RB's Up! He is taking on a bigger fight than just his own payday!

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The Rams signing a bunch of cheap FAs won't hurt them. There's no indication right now that they're going after any of the big fishes. Tru and Sammy ought to net us a 3rd and a 4th barring a big splash signing.

Cheap free agents :yess:. I hope you are right about the Rams getting some bargain FA's and high comp picks but it is just not set in my mind. Too many ifs at this point for me to see the Watkins deal as even close to a draw. I expect the Rams to spend some $$ on defense, maybe not 16 mil type money but I still expect them to spend some coin and if those guys are productive that will be an also offset in the FA loss equation as well. Sammy also has to stay healthy and be very productive to warrant a pick in the third round stratosphere, which is not impossible, but with his injury history and historical production to this point it might be less likely.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd rather play the Falcons and Skins....than the Eagles and Saints...but that's just me..
Sorry I'm a little late to the funeral. There was a 99.99% chance that Sammy was leaving the Rams.

I'm sure the Rams knew it too.
If true....whenever we hear, "we are in serious negotiations with so-and-so's people...." it's all bullshit?

It's gone now, but what the hell did we give away a 2nd round pick for a rental??? Cripples the team going forward....If we do the same with Marcus Peters...that's just stupid business....I'm sure Snead would get replaced. Probably Demoff too.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's a great deal....atm....I'd start negotiating with him as soon as we lock down Donald....he's already the 2nd best player on the defense.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I don't. But then, that 2nd might have been parlayed into more than just one pick.
Well let me just say, after the years of no urgency, I for one am ok with the wheeling and dealing last year and this to make us contenders. The risk reward is worth it. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well let me just say, after the years of no urgency, I for one am ok with the wheeling and dealing last year and this to make us contenders. The risk reward is worth it. I don't think you can have it both ways.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more than one year for a trade in exchange for a premium pick..no matter how it's spun.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Has anybody thought of Watkins vs. Peters next season in Mexico yet? Holy shit! Going to be a lot of feels in that game for both sides! Lol

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams feeling light at WR at the moment.

I am all for pumping up Reynolds, Thomas, and Cooper... but we are an injury to Kupp or Woods away from a whole lot of projection.

Feels all too familiar... and not in a good way.

I suspect the Rams won’t go into the season without a move at WR or pass catching TE.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who disputes that? I dispute that the deal was a good one in that the Rams obviously expected to get more in the end and Watkins never intended to let us do that.

We got punked.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams wanted a good WR despite money being tight. They got that with the Watkins trade. They wanted to improve the offense, and improve everybody's confidence going forward. Achieved. They wanted to give Goff talent around him, so that he could develop after a lost rookie season. Check.

The Rams are better off for having made the trade. It's not as big a win as if Watkins had signed a way below market deal to stay in LA, but between the division title, the development of Goff, Kupp, and Woods, the general development of the team as a whole, AND the comp pick they will get - it worked out well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
What Chiefs fans think of Sammy Watkins...a mixed bag due to the cost.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314384

Chiefs Sign Sammy Watkins

99 Rams offense incoming
-----------
99 Rams without a top 10 defense is the 2003 Chiefs.
-------------
dammit!
----------
This offense....Lllllllllllllloaded llllllloaded.
-----------
This is the guy I wanted and I called for the begging so excited.
-----------
Waaaaaaaaait wait wait.

16m PER YEAR???

TELL ME I READ THAT WRONG
-----------
Damn. Veach/Reid must have a raging boner for the guy.
----------
THIS $$$ IS ASININE

I AM GOING ALL CAPS THIS THREAD
---------
He will be fun to watch for 5-6 games!
---------
This signing is sweet. Exactly the type of player mahomes needs to be successful
----------
Watkins is finally on a team where his talent can be put on display.
----------
**** it I’m stoked about this offense! Now go land Trumaine Johnson
----------
Were paying him like he's a damn superstar. wtf
----------
This guy has elite skills. Goff missed about SIX easy scores to this guy and he still had 8 TDs.
----------
If he stays healthy... DAMN!!
----------
I’m sad
----------
When I heard we might sign Watkins, my first thought was yeah! that's a guy with a lot of upside. Not at 16 million though. Thats already an every year superstar money. I don't get it.
----------
I wanted Sammy. More explosive and he finally has a guy that can get him the ball. Goff was propped by a system and could not hit an open Sammy for shit.
----------
That Rams game just got even more interesting.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who disputes that? I dispute that the deal was a good one in that the Rams obviously expected to get more in the end and Watkins never intended to let us do that.

We got punked.

i'm sure jared goff doesn't feel like the rams got punked.

after throwing to britt, quick and tavon in 2016 he must have felt he was in heaven throwing to sammy, woods and kupp in 2017.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What Chiefs fans think of Sammy Watkins...a mixed bag due to the cost.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314384

Chiefs Sign Sammy Watkins

99 Rams offense incoming
-----------
99 Rams without a top 10 defense is the 2003 Chiefs.
-------------
dammit!
----------
This offense....Lllllllllllllloaded llllllloaded.
-----------
This is the guy I wanted and I called for the begging so excited.
-----------
Waaaaaaaaait wait wait.

16m PER YEAR???

TELL ME I READ THAT WRONG
-----------
Damn. Veach/Reid must have a raging boner for the guy.
----------
THIS $$$ IS ASININE

I AM GOING ALL CAPS THIS THREAD
---------
He will be fun to watch for 5-6 games!
---------
This signing is sweet. Exactly the type of player mahomes needs to be successful
----------
Watkins is finally on a team where his talent can be put on display.
----------
**** it I’m stoked about this offense! Now go land Trumaine Johnson
----------
Were paying him like he's a damn superstar. wtf
----------
This guy has elite skills. Goff missed about SIX easy scores to this guy and he still had 8 TDs.
----------
If he stays healthy... DAMN!!
----------
I’m sad
----------
When I heard we might sign Watkins, my first thought was yeah! that's a guy with a lot of upside. Not at 16 million though. Thats already an every year superstar money. I don't get it.
----------
I wanted Sammy. More explosive and he finally has a guy that can get him the ball. Goff was propped by a system and could not hit an open Sammy for crap.
----------
That Rams game just got even more interesting.

oh man are these guys in for a shock. mahomes better be on target for those long bombs because sammy won't adjust an inch to them.