Sick of "The Story"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
I have been sick of this kind of thing for a long time. The talking heads like Cowheard always speak of liking THE STORY and rooting for it in some way.
This kind of thing seeps into consciousness, even the refs.
Human nature roots for a good story.
I could not care less about it.
It has made the Olympics unwatchable. All I want to see is how high and fast our guys can run and jump. Do not care one iota about his mothers, cousins step bothers trials and tribulations. They cut off from the games for his home life story. UNWATCHABLE !
Bullshit I say.
You can not even watch a simple cooking show like Chopped. They have to be playing for their family members disease, some tear jerking stuff. I would appreciate it if they just said "I can cook better and am going to beat their ass".
So when football commentators start caring more about some fucked up bullshit story more than the best team winning we have a huge problem.
Even if Collin noted the messed up calls against the Rams he was rooting for the Lions and Goff.
The RAMS got fucked, but at least its a GOOD STORY. Barf in my mouth.
Disgusting !!!

I really appreciate ROD letting us cuss. Sometimes its needed.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOKG9tHAHU8

Everyone was rooting for the Lions outside LA and the Rams diaspora. I started getting pissed at Dan and Jared too. I was willing to let bygones be bygones but nope, it's obvious the latter is still pissy about the trade. You could tell based on the post game interview and the locker room celly. Rams whether it be Sean McVay or KD or whoever, all regretted the way they handled the trade and how they still respect him. I don't get the same vibe from the other side. So feelings now mutual. Unless you play the shitters.

Angry Ram

I will never root for the Detroit Kneecaps under any circumstances after they tried to hurt our players.

angry the grinch GIF

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
It’s all part of general dumbing down: giving things a “human interest” aspect in order to make them more” relatable”.

I fucking hate it, too.
NFL can shove their f'kn storylines. We came here to watch FOOTBALL, not a soap opera.

Beside, IMO.... no one is more relatable (aka, open it seems) than the Rams staff.... Sean is as much a human interest person as any coach in the league.
There. I said it! :wow2:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yep, the Lions can suck it. Two forearms to the heads of our guys and the knee shot is enough for me to want to see them upset next week.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I have gotten pretty good at ignoring the agenda or story. It is everywhere
KC - Mahomes & Swelcie
Phi- Hurts
Balt - Lamar
TB Mayfield
Hou Shroud
Literally everywhere

jjab360

Legend
I... honestly don't understand the complaint here.

Part of the sportscaster's job is to entertain by creating drama and reporting on interesting storylines. It might be entertaining for diehard fans like us if all they did was report the news and results with no bias or opinion, but the NFL is built on keeping it's casual fans interested.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I will never root for the Detroit Kneecaps under any circumstances after they tried to hurt our players.
Can you imagine if instead of Higbee that was Nacua that got hit like that or even Kupp?

If Nacua, it would have been crushing and likley career altering. Kupp, and it's career over maybe. Obviously suck's for Higbee, but from a team standpoint a little easier to recover from.

So from a roster standpoint, this will likely force the Rams to bring in a solid vet to help the rookie and maybe Long can stay healthy for a month or two...maybe.

Angry Ram

I have gotten pretty good at ignoring the agenda or story. It is everywhere
KC - Mahomes & Swelcie
Phi- Hurts
Balt - Lamar
TB Mayfield
Hou Shroud
Literally everywhere

Well at least with every team outside KC it's about football.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The Detroit A holes are trying to pass that hit off as "that's how the NFL wants us to tackle" and "the QB shouldn't throw the ball there if he doesn't want his receiver knee capped" ! They are trying to say that they have to go low as they will get penalized if they go high, ( even though they went for the head more often than not all game). :rolleyes:
Also, if you go low like that on a QB you will go to NFL hell for it every time!

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I have been sick of this kind of thing for a long time. The talking heads like Cowheard always speak of liking THE STORY and rooting for it in some way.
This kind of thing seeps into consciousness, even the refs.
Human nature roots for a good story.
I could not care less about it.
It has made the Olympics unwatchable. All I want to see is how high and fast our guys can run and jump. Do not care one iota about his mothers, cousins step bothers trials and tribulations. They cut off from the games for his home life story. UNWATCHABLE !
Bullshit I say.
You can not even watch a simple cooking show like Chopped. They have to be playing for their family members disease, some tear jerking stuff. I would appreciate it if they just said "I can cook better and am going to beat their ass".
So when football commentators start caring more about some fucked up bullshit story more than the best team winning we have a huge problem.
Even if Collin noted the messed up calls against the Rams he was rooting for the Lions and Goff.
The RAMS got fucked, but at least its a GOOD STORY. Barf in my mouth.
Disgusting !!!

I really appreciate ROD letting us cuss. Sometimes its needed.
Comercial packaging for the casual fan.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Yep, the Lions can suck it. Two forearms to the heads of our guys and the knee shot is enough for me to want to see them upset next week.
I really wish #31 and that long haired LB taken out.
31 gestued that he was small and higbee was big when Stafford confronted him. No fucking excuse.
The league took away coming in low on lineman. Cant beleive the let this stand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I... honestly don't understand the complaint here.

Part of the sportscaster's job is to entertain by creating drama and reporting on interesting storylines. It might be entertaining for diehard fans like us if all they did was report the news and results with no bias or opinion, but the NFL is built on keeping it's casual fans interested.
You don't get it ? (along with those two "Thead Winners!)
Sportscaster only care about their jobs and what makes them easier.
As in life it is not always easy to do the right thing.
And doing the right thing is the only thing that matters. Just like "truth", its the only thing that matters.
I could not care less about the casual fan.
Its like this local radio station that was known for playing very cool alternative music. Went out of their way to find new good music.
But one day they changed their format to this lame, weak la la music.
So I call up complaining. And what they told me was they were changing format so their station could be put on in a office full of women. A larger audience is what they went after.
The average fan is kind of a idiot.
And when you sell out, dumb it all down it is never a good thing.
Unless you are not very smart.
Do the right thing, get the calls correct and let the chips fall where they may.
Tell the truth, and let chips fall where they may.
Anything less is loser town.

oldnotdead

Legend
I follow Goff's progress not the Lions. I think he deserves to get a ring and once he does all bets are off.

Dirty play has always been a part of the NFL. My greater concern is the erosion of ethical officiating. I don't listen to media and fans other than comical relief. There was targeting going on in the open and they did nothing but encourage it by not penalizing it. Only crickets from NFL NY and gives credence to the idea that it's tacitly encouraged or promoted to further the NFL's monetary motives.