Should we make a trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

MODERATOR COMMENT - MERGED

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
It’s gotta be in the secondary. Maybe linebacker. This team is gonna be in a playoff game against Dallas (with all their weapons) and/or Tampa (who will likely have Antonio Brown next time). The offense will continue to get better. The defense needs all the resources and help it can get.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
look into trading for a one year rental that could grab us a comp pick after they leave us in free agency

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Can we trade Morris as well?
How about for the Detroit special teams coach?

Just kidding. For the record, imo Morris deserves time to pull the defense together and hopefully to reach its highest level. And he's done nothing to deserve being fired in mid season.

But it would nice to have that Detroit ST guy, whoever he is...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With Havenstein redoing his deal, Kenny Young being shipped off for a paulty extra round upgrade in 2024 what is Les up to.

I am already scared for our Run D and trading Young makes the worst area of our team even weaker. Jones is not ready or the answer imo now.

For me we don't need any offense upgrade. RB is thin but hopefully we can get by.

So for me it needs to be on the defense maybe an upgrade ILB, OLB, CB.

I look at the teams who will be in the playoffs. Based on that premise I think CB or how can we really upgrade the Run D?

As of now we have 4.5m to spend as I understand we could redo Stafford's contract but for who?
I think they must see something to believe that Ernest Jones is ready. Its still a shock because Young seemed to be playing fast and looked comfortable in the defense.

I'd guess either corner or runningback. If its a corner I'd look at anyone that Morris or Staley has worked with, or for a big splash like Stephen Gilmore as a one season rental. The Patriots have been trying to trade him for a while. Maybe their asking price comes down.

The depth at corner and safety is concerning. I'm not a big Hughes fan and don't want to see Long back at corner, but the Rams are an injury away from having to start both. Maybe they will look at more reliable depth pieces. I hate to see them trade away picks at this point.

Maye would be awesome, but not likely.

mst1981

Rookie
I think they must see something to believe that Ernest Jones is ready. Its still a shock because Young seemed to be playing fast and looked comfortable in the defense.

I'd guess either corner or runningback. If its a corner I'd look at anyone that Morris or Staley has worked with, or for a big splash like Stephen Gilmore as a one season rental. The Patriots have been trying to trade him for a while. Maybe their asking price comes down.

The depth at corner and safety is concerning. I'm not a big Hughes fan and don't want to see Long back at corner, but the Rams are an injury away from having to start both. Maybe they will look at more reliable depth pieces. I hate to see them trade away picks at this point.

Maye would be awesome, but not likely.
Gilmore went to the Panthers.

bluecoconuts

Legend
With how McVay thinks I wouldn't be surprised if it's something for the offence like a TE or a RB. Although it probably should be someone for the defence.

Rich Hammond made a good point, we basically spent money on a luxury player (DJax) in the offseason and he's played like 6 snaps on Sunday. Plus Tutu only playing something like 1. The offence clearly doesn't need either player to be good, but might our defence need someone like Young? Maybe. Especially since we're thin at LB.

So hopefully if we do make a move it's for a veteran linebacker who can take that Young spot and be an upgrade. In terms of who, I honestly have no idea.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It could be either LB or CB… but LB feels more like rearranging deck chairs.

So I push my chips toward CB.

If Ramsey were dinged up, we’d be in trouble. That feels like the spot to shore up, especially projecting to playoff matchups.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It could be either LB or CB… but LB feels more like rearranging deck chairs.

So I push my chips toward CB.

If Ramsey were dinged up, we’d be in trouble. That feels like the spot to shore up, especially projecting to playoff matchups.

I wouldn’t say CB if RR31 weren’t banged up as well.Mcvay was asked about him & under his breathe was yes we need him.
The good thing is that Mcvay thinks just a practice off then get him to the game.DD21 is a guy everyone likes on The Rams.They all cheer for him & like that he has got his chance to play.That is a character guy that works hard & plays with confidence.
He is a guy teams can pick on,but he has all the intangibles.
David Long,I honestly watched the game as just a basic fan & was in zombie land.Just saw he had a couple tackles.Jalen fights for his guys & this group.He talks to Raheem & Ejero.I find it interesting Tory Woodbury is a personal assistant ,scouting?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Imo the LBers have to much depth & Kenny Young is not in The Rams future plans.Mcvay said this much & also relayed that it was Financialas well as looking into the future.
—I have to LMAO that everyone seems to forget about Travis Howard,who actually made the team ahead of Micah Kiser who was claimed by Denver.He was actually starting & got hurt.This probably led to Les Snead looking deeper into his roster.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I still am LOL to myself about Old but not dead’s comments on Big Rob Havenstien.In what world is he not a RAM &PLAYER Sean Mcvay doesn’t like.Oh btw the way in today’s world.Sean Mcvay says he LOVES Rob Havenstien.We’re do you find a guy like him in The NFL?Said he is one of the better RT’s.

Keeping on to LBer is Ernest Brown is the guy The Rams are counting on to step up & in.Mcvay trust Troy Reeder & Howard adds nice veteran in house depth.
The Rams claimed Jamir Jones & Garrett is I’m sure pushing at the door.He also use to play mlb at one time.He was just to good to play not to use as a pass rusher.Hoecht started at OLB the first play against the Giants.
Didn’t record & watch the 1st. Qrt this last Sunday.The Rams do lack of depth at CB.Williams becomes a FA as well & was franchised(tagged).

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had to guess....McVay went to Morris and said "okay we're 7 games in and with AD, Ramsey, Williams, Floyd, SJD - this defense should be better. What do you need?"

I think it's ILB or CB.

ILB because we traded our (much) better ILB to create space and starting Earnest Jones and Troy Reeder does not make us better.

CB because the other NFC powers have multiple good WRs.

I think it'll be a CB though. Kyle Fuller makes the most sense as a handshake deal with Denver for them to work out taking on more of his contract.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Way did they trade away Young instead of Reeder? If Denver was so desperate for a LBer.