Should we make a trade?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't disagree at all with the Add a CB camp, but who's going to track Kyler Murray? None of our current LB's can. Rapp?

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I don't disagree at all with the Add a CB camp, but who's going to track Kyler Murray? None of our current LB's can. Rapp?
Nobody will do that unless you get some athletic freak high in the draft. However, our DL and edge guys can do a better job of keeping him in the pocket like they did last yr in Arizona when he was healthy, but still struggled to break contain.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Floyd wasn't 100% in the first few games of the season. I think he and Lewis can do a better job in containment the next time around. The Clone interior is playing a bit better also. Maybe between them and Rapp/Jones they feel they have it covered.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Matt Stafford is set for an extension, but Rams haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Rams extend Stafford and reduce his 2021 cap hit, freeing up $ for a big name signing.

McVay and Snead love those high-risk, all-in splashy moves. Wondering if there's something BIG brewing.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Matt Stafford is set for an extension, but Rams haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Rams extend Stafford and reduce his 2021 cap hit, freeing up $ for a big name signing.

McVay and Snead love those high-risk, all-in splashy moves. Wondering if there's something BIG brewing.

There may be something big coming, but I'll be surprised if it's a Stafford extension before the trade deadline which effects his 2021 CAP. While I still expect his extension to be signed late this season, I'm pretty sure the Rams don't want his CAP hit to be worse for 2022 than previously expected when his savings could settle so many other contracts which are ending as players enter free agency.
jmo.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Melvin Ingram wants out of PIT. Not sure if he's needed for us.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I would always take another pass rusher or quality corner.

If I was laying out needs, I would put them in this order.

#2 TE who can block
RB/DB who can make a difference in the return game
Pass rusher
Corner

I'm actually not too concerned about corner or safety, as long as Williams and Rochell are coming back and all indications they are. With those two back.. Ramsey can comfortably be in the star role more of the time.. and I think it actually allows Rapp to keep playing closer to the line of scrimmage more as well.

dang

Legend
In answering the post’s question - Should we make a trade?

The Rams front office knows the Rams are in the running for a super Bowl and are contemplating the following:

Will the current roster accomplish this?

If no (or not likely) - then they will be looking for a trade that will improve their chances.

If yes (or likely) - then they will STILL be looking for a trade that will improve their chances.