Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sure would be cool if Tutu shows up next year and softens the blow of "Creedgate."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have to say, when I read the title of the thread I didnt think I'd be interested but wow!
I have to say, I am perplexed.
What would I rather eat, a green chili cheesy chicken dish, or Spanish rice?
Better yet, have them together?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Mad See Ya GIF by 1st Look

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Well, everyone would admit Tutu over Atwell was a mistake, even McVay probably. And the ST problem is kind of on purpose too. We don't draft for ST ability like we used to when Fisher was coach. McVay builds the best offense and defense and then figures out ST from that pool of players.

But we just beat the 1st place team in the NFL, so small potatoes man.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
I would venture to guess that if the Rams were to re-sign OBJ, Tutu Atwell might be on the practice squad, traded or released next year.

The guy's got speed and can get separation. But in the NFL, everybody's got speed and close-in separation to neutralize his skillset.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's all you need to know about Sean McVay
Among active head coaches
3rd highest win %
9th longest tenure (likely move to 8 after Zimmer gets fired)
All while STILL the YOUNGEST Head Coach
That's some lethal combo!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fathead Help Line: "Hello this is Fathead how can we help you?"

Loyal: "Yes hello. I, uh, purchased a Creed Humphries Fathead that I would like to return. It is only mildly used."

Fathead Help Line: "Sir what exactly do you mean by 'used?' Do you mean you have it on your wall?"

Loyal: "Oh yeah, sure, that's what I meant. And, well, there are also some spray pattern spots on it. Very, very mild and almost unnoticeable. "

Fathead Help Line: "I'm sorry Sir but we have an anti-spank return policy with all our products. Read the fine print please."

Loyal: "SONOFA!!!!"

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do we think that so many scouts are always that wrong? Why wasn't ________ player drafted earlier?

Let's give credit to the Chiefs for getting him up to speed so quickly and having an offense that a rookie center can thrive in.

That's probably not ours. And there's a real chance that he would not be nearly as good with us.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I hate the Chiefs. They drafted Bolton and Humphrey with their second round picks (Bolton went just after we took Atwell. Just incredibly frustrating.)

But to blame McVay? Nah. Every team - literally every team in every sport - makes mistakes with drafting. And we've been one of the best with the some of the least to work with.

Unless the OP is secretly hoping for the lovechild of Spitnuolo and Loserhan to come back and deliver us into a thousand years of darkness?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do we think that so many scouts are always that wrong? Why wasn't ________ player drafted earlier?

Let's give credit to the Chiefs for getting him up to speed so quickly and having an offense that a rookie center can thrive in.

That's probably not ours. And there's a real chance that he would not be nearly as good with us.

I don’t know. I love Les Snead & he has rhymes & reasons. I can’t wait to see how Ben Sko finishes the season.
RR31 has played way above his draft scale. David Long anybody.

There will always be mistakes,but Tyrique Hill is a special player. One can only hope Tutu Atwell can develop into a real threat.He has good hands & is smooth in his routes.
I like his upside.He needs to add some beef.Same with his partner from Louisville who is on the practice squad.

Coleman Shelton has been impressing me.There was this one highlight of Sony Michael. The thing I always notice is this #65 running ahead of the play pancaking some guy. Getting back up & goes straight back to the huddle.

I guessing this is what the post reply was about.Just really give credit to Mcvay & staff for constantly developing players.

The Comp picks & late draft picks says a lot.Then add the cap Demoff’s guy Mr. P magically navigates to add such Excellent Veterans to the roster.

Cheers

Tano

Legend
I hate the Chiefs. They drafted Bolton and Humphrey with their second round picks (Bolton went just after we took Atwell. Just incredibly frustrating.

But to blame McVay? Nah. Every team - literally every team in every sport - makes mistakes with drafting. And we've been one of the best with the some of the least to work with.

Unless the OP is secretly hoping for the lovechild of Spitnuolo and Loserhan to come back and deliver us into a thousand years of darkness?
Yeah but did they think they could add 20 lbs to him when they drafted him

Because right now he goes down if someone pushes him with their pinky

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
To the OP….. for whatever reason your post reminded me of another oddity pick. Does Martz/Candidate = McVay/Atwell???

That being said I love what Sean has done overall for the team.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He's light years ahead of the last 3 coaches we've had, maybe even the last 4 since Martz left a big fucking mess. He has the potential to become one of the all-time greats if he can learn a little impulse control and gameplan/call plays to do whatever it takes to win instead of sometimes trying to win the way he wants to win. Basically, just take what the other team is giving you, and make timely adjustments when necessary. When he gets consistent in that (and he can do so this year), that's when he'll start giving victory speeches in February.